NBA Draft Tonight | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Draft Tonight

Jalen Rose totally nailed it...Knicks Get Darko.
Another Euro-dude. Hate this pick. Peter Principle strikes: Phil has risen to his level of incompetence.
Hope there is a trade coming...but I doubt it.

I think lack of familiarity and a bias towards American players clouds judgment. Who really knows that Winslow is going to be better than porzingas or anyone is? It's a guessing game.

Brandon Knight seems like a potential good fit. I'd be surprised if they don't pursue him.

Would be a good fit for the triangle I believe. Totally with you.

I think lack of familiarity and a bias towards American players clouds judgment. Who really knows that Winslow is going to be better than porzingas or anyone is? It's a guessing game.

The only guessing game is picking players who you don't really know about. Not one GM can say with a straight face that they know just as much as Porzigas as they do american players.

Screw the triangle, this kid has freakish athletic ability, and his upside might be higher than anyone in the draft.

Well Kristaps has a huge upside as well.

But I'm with you on the triangle. Hate it.

David West will reportedly sign with the Knicks.

Well Kristaps has a huge upside as well.

But I'm with you on the triangle. Hate it.

Put together the best roster that you can, than figure out what offense works best with those players, not the other way around. Ive never seen this kid play, but I have seen Winslow play alot, and against very good competition, and they are going to regret passing up on him.

Harden has become an MVP candidate by doing that.
The Human Charge. If he's not charging he's pushing off. The NBA has certainly improved in recent years but not calling the push off has gotten way out of hand (cough Lebron cough).

The only guessing game is picking players who you don't really know about. Not one GM can say with a straight face that they know just as much as Porzigas as they do american players.

So you are saying you know that a player who was successful at duke will be more likely than one successful in a euro pro league? Seriously it's a clear bias. There have been as many sure bet American draft picks who have failed.. How is a failed American pick any different?

Knicks 2015-16 Frontline: Porzingis-Melo-Monroe

Good luck trying to score on that defensive trio...
Yeah because Melo can really guard any decent 3 these days. And Euro-stick will get killed on the block. Monroe? Nobody knows what to make of him exactly, is he a 4 or a 5?
Sure it's a guessing game. But some people guess better than others. Did you see the reaction of the ESPN panel? None of them could muster much positive for the pick. And the track record for Euro dudes is not good (outside of Nowitski). I'm just beaten down by 25 years of the Knicks making awful picks. And this just looks like more of the same. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah because Melo can really guard any decent 3 these days. And Euro-stick will get killed on the block. Monroe? Nobody knows what to make of him exactly, is he a 4 or a 5?

Sure it's a guessing game. But some people guess better than others. Did you see the reaction of the ESPN panel? None of them could muster much positive for the pick. And the track record for Euro dudes is not good (outside of Nowitski). I'm just beaten down by 25 years of the Knicks making awful picks. And this just looks like more of the same. Hope I'm wrong.
Sigh.. My sarcasm was clearly a fail with that post.

Put together the best roster that you can, than figure out what offense works best with those players, not the other way around. Ive never seen this kid play, but I have seen Winslow play alot, and against very good competition, and they are going to regret passing up on him.

Winslow has game..but he is too similar to jr or shump for my taste. Not a James harden at all. Harden has more skill as Winslow is more north-south.

So you are saying you know that a player who was successful at duke will be more likely than one successful in a euro pro league? Seriously it's a clear bias. There have been as many sure bet American draft picks who have failed.. How is a failed American pick any different?

I'm saying there is more data available when it comes to scouting an american player who's played high school and college basketball, more access to the player hence the more data than a Euro type player who has a lot of youtube highlight videos and scouts who've seen the guy a handful of times.

Honestly I had hoped they could work a deal for a guy like Bledsoe and trade down later in the draft. Buy the all star and get a solid contributor with upside. This draft doesn't have a franchise changer unless towns Russell or porzingas are it.

Maybe Euro will play stick forward with Monroe at C.

I'm saying there is more data available when it comes to scouting an american player who's played high school and college basketball, more access to the player hence the more data than a Euro type player who has a lot of youtube highlight videos and scouts who've seen the guy a handful of times.

Sure ..but more data doesn't make one a better pick than any other. Beyond towns.. I don't see any guarantees in this draft.

4 Kentucky picks in the first 13 and people wonder why guys want to go to Kentucky. The NBA draft is a damn UK billboard.

4 Kentucky picks in the first 13 and people wonder why guys want to go to Kentucky. The NBA draft is a damn UK billboard.
Are you questioning Calipari because if you are, you better say that to his face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom