NBA Fantasy Basketball 2021 - SyracuseFan League | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Fantasy Basketball 2021 - SyracuseFan League

I have taken control of the Manager Less Team so that they are not a total bye each week.

I will manage the team as follows:
- They will basically run with their drafted team.
- No Trades
- I will ensure there are 10 healthy players playing each week.
- No waiver claims or additions, except if they fall below 10 healthy players in one week. In that case I would make a waiver claim on the "most rostered" player that is healthy and available.

I have taken control of the Manager Less Team so that they are not a total bye each week.

I will manage the team as follows:
- They will basically run with their drafted team.
- No Trades
- I will ensure there are 10 healthy players playing each week.
- No waiver claims or additions, except if they fall below 10 healthy players in one week. In that case I would make a waiver claim on the "most rostered" player that is healthy and available.
Seems fair.

i just tried to PM you, but i think you blocked me!!

Ha!

ill do it if its still free.

Someone else tried to PM me recently but was only able to do it via re-igniting a conversation from 4 years ago. Something is off with my settings but not sure what it is.

To transfer a team I need to know your e-mail and then you are sent a link to accept control of the team. Not sure if you are willing to share it publicly? Don't really want to share mine publicly.

I can always set up a temporary dummy e-mail for you to send me your e-mail.
Thanks

Someone else tried to PM me recently but was only able to do it via re-igniting a conversation from 4 years ago. Something is off with my settings but not sure what it is.

To transfer a team I need to know your e-mail and then you are sent a link to accept control of the team. Not sure if you are willing to share it publicly? Don't really want to share mine publicly.

I can always set up a temporary dummy e-mail for you to send me your e-mail.
Thanks
use this one.

ill delete it once i get the access.

Last edited:
Re - Daily vs Weekly Changes

From my experiences Daily Changes only happen in Rotisseries Leagues and not Head to Head Weekly Matchup Leagues. Some of those leagues also had "games Maximums" for each roster slot.

I looked at the settings to see if it something I can even change. I just took a snapshot of some of the settings. You will see there are drop-box alternatives for several of the setting. But for the Allow Roster Changes in a Head to Head League, there are no alternatives -- can only be done Weekly on Monday. Now whether it was something that could have been set up earlier, not sure, but unlike many of the settings it is now locked.

1608747667465.png

Personally for a weekly head to head league I much prefer only weekly changes (** will explain below). That being said, if this was something that could have been changed I would have no problems changing it if that is what the league voted for. It's not just my league!

Here is why I prefer weekly changes only:
- It could create a large weekly games mismatch between opponents, especially for a team with a number of injuries if you allow daily changes. There are also some teams that play more games on non-busy days (think of the TNT Thursday teams) and that would make them more favourable.
- Daily changes also requires daily involvement instead of weekly involvement. That works when you have people that you know are all highly committed, but some people can't always commit daily.

The strategy for weekly leagues is ultimately do you sit guys that play one less game than others during a week (or alternatively play a bench guy who plays one more game). There are tools for that -- will come in next post.

Attachments

• 1608747604020.png
    1608747604020.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Invite has been sent to that e-mail.
Probably best to keep it open just for this yahoo team.

Last edited:
For the weekly league here is a helpful tool. It shows you what teams play less or extra games each week so you can build it into your strategy for who you play each week.

I tried to find a resource that could handle this within the yahoo set-up but did not find it.

Re Weekly vs Daily Changes Part 2.

I tried setting up another league just as a check:
1) Daily Changes are available as an option in a Head to Head League.
2) Weekly Changes is the default setting, and I assume the standard since it was default. I generally stuck with the default settings.

Invite has been sent to that e-mail.
Probably best to keep it open just for this yahoo team.
ill leave it open, i do use it.

just delete it from your copy so every yahoo on here doesnt send me an email.

I guess I don't have to worry now that PG13 is the league MVP after last night, obviously /s

I usually do daily lineup changes, but between kids/hybrid schooling/work/COVID, I'm fine with the Monday lineup setting. We got in the 3PM stat, which was clutch. We have a pretty extensive active lineup in terms of slots, it's not like we have a starting five and swap in and out each day.

Good on my end.

I'm still waiting on someone else in the league to admit they used to frequent Maggie's. I know you're out there! Don't hide! We can get t-shirts!

I guess I don't have to worry now that PG13 is the league MVP after last night, obviously /s

I usually do daily lineup changes, but between kids/hybrid schooling/work/COVID, I'm fine with the Monday lineup setting. We got in the 3PM stat, which was clutch. We have a pretty extensive active lineup in terms of slots, it's not like we have a starting five and swap in and out each day.

Good on my end.

I'm still waiting on someone else in the league to admit they used to frequent Maggie's. I know you're out there! Don't hide! We can get t-shirts!

of course.

had many a fishbowl there.

spent most of my Happy Hours there.

great times and memories.

Apologies to those who wanted the daily lineup. Seems like there is at least 4 who would prefer that.

I would like to keep this league running and people committed to it. That being said if there are people interested in a second head to head league / roto league with daily changes, and would still be committed to both leagues let me know. I would do both and could set it up (or someone else could run that other league)

Apologies to those who wanted the daily lineup. Seems like there is at least 4 who would prefer that.

I would like to keep this league running and people committed to it. That being said if there are people interested in a second head to head league / roto league with daily changes, and would still be committed to both leagues let me know. I would do both and could set it up (or someone else could run that other league)

I’ve not played H2H with weekly lineups. It kinda defeats the purpose of drafting well because you don’t get to use your roster depth. I’ll give it a go.

Yeah I don't think we need to switch leagues or anything.

I’ve not played H2H with weekly lineups. It kinda defeats the purpose of drafting well because you don’t get to use your roster depth. I’ll give it a go.

I see your point, but roster depth is not necessarily useless in this league either... injuries, covid... and it comes most into play each week when you have to choose between guys playing 3 vs 4 games in that week. If your depth sucks you will stick with the 3 game player... but if your depth is good you will dress that bench guy who plays 4 games. So if you have a deep team you should be playing all 12 or 13 guys at points throughout the season.

Let's see how it goes this year, and certainly open to any preferences and changes for next year.

Trae Young 33 points, 5 threes, and 89% shooting!!