NBA Fantasy Basketball 2021 - SyracuseFan League | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Fantasy Basketball 2021 - SyracuseFan League

Standings after Week 3
1610406032151.png

This week's matchup. Matchup of the week Current #2 vs #4.

1610406083967.png

I am sure I am not the only one that is starting to have injury issues (long term or short term). Probably caused some havoc last week in some cases for others, but I was able to largely avoid it except for Tatum missing a game and Derozan missing a game.

I have Tatum and Markanen out for Covid and Bogdanavic out for an extended period. And Derozan is taking time away to spend time with his very ill father.

I am sure I am not the only one that is starting to have injury issues (long term or short term). Probably caused some havoc last week in some cases for others, but I was able to largely avoid it except for Tatum missing a game and Derozan missing a game.

I have Tatum and Markanen out for Covid and Bogdanavic out for an extended period. And Derozan is taking time away to spend time with his very ill father.
Yeah, I'm pleased I did as well as I did against you. The one time lineup lock is funky. I thought I saw with plenty of time that Durant would be out, so I put him on the IL, added Hunter, and thought I plugged him in at forward, but instead I just had a roster gap all week. So that was a bummer.

Yeah, I'm pleased I did as well as I did against you. The one time lineup lock is funky. I thought I saw with plenty of time that Durant would be out, so I put him on the IL, added Hunter, and thought I plugged him in at forward, but instead I just had a roster gap all week. So that was a bummer.

Not sure what happened with Hunter either.

It's possible that the following happens:
1) You can change your lineup on Monday up to the first game.
2) Any roster additions themselves to be eligible I think need to be added before midnight on Sunday.

You would think you could do it up to the first game that week but it does not appear to be the case.

I don't necessarily hate the weekly vs daily lineup thing. With the injuries due to "Covid" this year, it brings the randomness to our league like real life I suppose.

Not sure what happened with Hunter either.

It's possible that the following happens:
1) You can change your lineup on Monday up to the first game.
2) Any roster additions themselves to be eligible I think need to be added before midnight on Sunday.

You would think you could do it up to the first game that week but it does not appear to be the case.

I don't necessarily hate the weekly vs daily lineup thing. With the injuries due to "Covid" this year, it brings the randomness to our league like real life I suppose.
Ah gotcha.

Ah gotcha.
you are almost better going with teams who play only 3 teams anyway, a lot of 'stars' seem to be sitting out 1 end of the back to back.

so there is really no sense in stacking your lineup based on games.

just ride the best horses and hope covid or a real injury doesnt pop up early in the week.

you are almost better going with teams who play only 3 teams anyway, a lot of 'stars' seem to be sitting out 1 end of the back to back.

so there is really no sense in stacking your lineup based on games.

just ride the best horses and hope covid or a real injury doesnt pop up early in the week.

I only rotate or change my 7-10 guys . Thr core stays in no matter how many games.

Kyrie Irving...really great time to go AWOL...just as KAT comes back. This season is going to be a fantasy mess.

I really thought Jamal Murray was going to blow up after what he did in the bubble and it just hasn’t happened.

Kyrie Irving...really great time to go AWOL...just as KAT comes back. This season is going to be a fantasy mess.

Did you dress Kyrie this week, or was it just too uncertain to play him?

I did not. I heard from a friend who knows a Nets staffer that Kyrie isn’t coming back anytime soon, and even wanted to sit out this season due to Covid concerns.

This is interesting, but not totally surprising. And, even tho I think Kyrie is kinda nuts, I'm not going to dig anyone for worrying about COVID.

I knew a guy that was family with Deron Williams (and not some distant cousin that had one photo with him, would be over at holidays and stuff)... and for all the talk about Deron with injuries and stuff, he actually just lost interest in playing in the NBA. The drive just went away. Not saying this is what's happening with Kyrie, but things can turn pretty fast.

I am sure others have injury / Postponement nightmares this week that are perhaps just as bad or worse... but here is mine right now:

Trey Young - Game Postponed
Mike Conley - Game Postponed
Rudy Gobert - Game Postponed
Zach Lavine - Game Postponed
Demar Derozan - Leave of Absence (Illness of Father)

Injured before this week
Jayson Tatum
Lauri Markanen

I am sure others have injury / Postponement nightmares this week that are perhaps just as bad or worse... but here is mine right now:

Trey Young - Game Postponed
Mike Conley - Game Postponed
Rudy Gobert - Game Postponed
Zach Lavine - Game Postponed
Demar Derozan - Leave of Absence (Illness of Father)

Injured before this week
Jayson Tatum
Lauri Markanen
yeah, this week was another walk in the park for the GardenBockers till the events of yesterday etc.

turned it into a ballgame with Maggies!

FYI: Kemba came off the IR and I could’ve kept him there this week. Technically, that would be an illegal roster so I moved him to the bench and cut someone.

I bring it up because I did not get an illegal roster warning, we shouldn’t be able to hoard players.

I just feel lucky I got my lineup updated today before the games started.

FYI: Kemba came off the IR and I could’ve kept him there this week. Technically, that would be an illegal roster so I moved him to the bench and cut someone.

I bring it up because I did not get an illegal roster warning, we shouldn’t be able to hoard players.

Interesting. Because I was trying to keep Rui Huchimara on the IL until I needed him for a week. However, I was forced by Yahoo to take him off the IL.

Here is what I think happened in my specific situation.
- I added someone new to the IL, so I had a free roster spot.
- I went to add a new player for that empty spot, but was told I was not allowed to do so until I took Rui off the Injured List.

Essentially I think you can keep a player on the IL for a while, but you will not be allowed to add any players. I could be wrong.

That’s an under the radar fantasy move that I’ve used for years. Nothing “illegal” about it. It just means you can’t add anyone else until you address the guy who’s no longer on IR by cutting a player or adding another player to IR to address the roster spot.

That’s an under the radar fantasy move that I’ve used for years. Nothing “illegal” about it. It just means you can’t add anyone else until you address the guy who’s no longer on IR by cutting a player or adding another player to IR to address the roster spot.
ok, thats cool.

ive been in leagues, where once the guy comes off whatever the injured list is called in that league, he goes right to the bench...with no GM mouse clicking. the roster is then termed 'illegal' and he cant get any points till they make a move to get it back to 'legal' or 'ok' status.

in a weekly league like this, i can see why it would be ok for a few days, but once that new week started, i thought i might be in danger of a zero because i didnt do anything and just didnt see the the 'illegal' status somewhere on the site.

And now it’s come back to bite me. I tried to put back Turner in my lineup for this week after his ‘miraculous’ broken hand recovery. I had to drop someone, so I did.

apparently for next weeks So he has to sit all a week.

ugh

I'm all alone in first right now. Who's coming at me? My lineup is solid, and that's even with some big time players on the IL.

I just had my first winning week. My team has been decimated with COVID/injuries.

Finally bounced back.
I have A LOT of high usage guys so I'm going to lose the turnovers stat, like, every time.

Other than that though... all the counting stats get piled up.