NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

He can get all nba playing the same way he’s always played though. He’s gotten it twice, and his numbers have basically been the same for 4 straight years. That’s what he is and what he’s capable of IMO. Whether he sneaks on to 3rd team or not will probably depend more on what kinds of seasons other guys around the league have(Butler, CJ, Beal, etc.) because it’s hard to see Klay’s numbers really going up or down much at this point. He’s as steady of a 21, 3, and 3 with elite shooting and solid D as you can get.
If the writers and media want to screw with the Warriors they could punish Klay.
The media is why Paul George got traded last year. If they made him 3rd all-NBA like he should have he gets a Supermax and likely doesn’t leave Indiana.

He's eligible for a 5 year, $219 million contract next offseason per that article that you linked to.
Next offseason.
Golden State has to choose between Klay or Durant for 5 years next year.

Klay is homegrown or Durant the newcomer.

If the writers and media want to screw with the Warriors they could punish Klay.
The media is why Paul George got traded last year. If they made him 3rd all-NBA like he should have he gets a Supermax and likely doesn’t leave Indiana.

Agreed. And even if it’s not intentional, sometimes a guy like Klay can get taken for granted when it comes to awards time. His value to the best team in the league is huge though, and he shouldn’t be taken for granted.

Next offseason.

There was an article recently that said Klay would take a discount and so would Durant. The allure of playing in Silicon Valley and the business opportunities there provide them with larger opportunities to make money.

The media? I'm looking at the all-NBA from that year and am having a hard time saying he should have been in over any of those guys.

Next offseason.

Yeah, that's my point though. If Durant wants to stay with the Warriors, it's a no-brainer that they'd pick the #2 or 3 player in the NBA over a fringe All-NBA guy loyalty be damned. Whether or not Klay/Dray can make an All-NBA team doesn't really matter unless Durant wants out.

The media? I'm looking at the all-NBA from that year and am having a hard time saying he should have been in over any of those guys.

Yeah, the forward spot has been really tough to crack in many recent years.

In 2017, with LeBron, Kawhi, Durant, and Giannis...you were playing for 3rd team at best no matter what.

Draymond Green averaged 10.9 and 7.9.
George 23.7 and 6.7.

Both were first all-defense.

I think George should have snuck on last year.

Draymond Green averaged 10.9 and 7.9.
George 23.7 and 6.7.

Both were first all-defense.

I think George should have snuck on last year.

I would probably lean toward George, but if we’re posting stats...you can’t leave out assists - the area where Green led his team and doubled up George.

There was an article recently that said Klay would take a discount and so would Durant. The allure of playing in Silicon Valley and the business opportunities there provide them with larger opportunities to make money.

Yeah it sure seems like Klay is taking less money.
I believe KD doesn't need to be eligible for the supermax, the way I understand it, all the supermax does is allow you to make the max salary before you are otherwise eligible to do (after you have ten years int he league). KD will be able to make the max based on service time. Klay or Dray need to make the all league team in order to be eligible prior to the ten years of service. (Again, I think)

Woj, Shelbourne, and co. are reporting that pressure is mounting for the Lakers to acquire Kawhi before Friday due to LeBron's reluctance to be the first chip to sign with the Lakers. Reports that a deal for Kawhi would likely include a combination of Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, future 1st round picks, and Julius Randle.

The report also states that they're attempting to take back a salary dump along with a future 1st round pick that they can redirect to the Spurs; they're willing to take a salary dump for the 18-19 season as long as they have space for one max slot + Kawhi.

Sources: Pressure on Lakers to acquire Leonard

Cleveland isn’t winning a championship either.
The roster is garbage and can’t really upgrade thanks to GM LeBron.
Philly if they moved Simmons is a fit but they don’t want to move the 21 year old kid for 33 year old LeBron. LeBron and Simmons together is just an awful fit.
Houston isn’t a good fit either.
Thus Lakers are the best option just for a lifestyle and the fact Magic can lure FAs
In theory magic can lure free agents

Woj, Shelbourne, and co. are reporting that pressure is mounting for the Lakers to acquire Kawhi before Friday due to LeBron's reluctance to be the first chip to sign with the Lakers. Reports that a deal for Kawhi would likely include a combination of Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, future 1st round picks, and Julius Randle.

The report also states that they're attempting to take back a salary dump along with a future 1st round pick that they can redirect to the Spurs; they're willing to take a salary dump for the 18-19 season as long as they have space for one max slot + Kawhi.

Sources: Pressure on Lakers to acquire Leonard
My gosh I hate LeBron.

Randle is officially a RFA now; Lakers officially submitted a qualifying offer to him.

Trueblue25
This is the Boston offer for Kawhi.
Rozier, Morris, 27/Robert Williams III, and Memphia pick.

Do it. We keep the kings pick, we’ll get another rim protector

No idea how accurate this is, but ESPN is scroll that George is now an outside chance for the Lakers, so they are desperate to get a trade for Leonard, as Lebron won't sign there without that domino toppling first.

FYI -- not suggesting its accurate.

No idea how accurate this is, but ESPN is scroll that George is now an outside chance for the Lakers, so they are desperate to get a trade for Leonard, as Lebron won't sign there without that domino toppling first.

FYI -- not suggesting its accurate.

Hopefully they’re not desperate. I don’t care if we get anyone this year. Just sign Kawhi next year and let the kids cook this year.

Per Woj and Shelbourne, Lakers and Spurs have engaged in trade talks. Lakers reportedly using the Kyrie and PG13 trades as framework but the Spurs recognize that they’re essentially acquiring Lebron and Kawhi with this trade so they’re demanding a huge return.

Sounds like Mo Wagner will likely be included if a deal goes down. The earlier version of the report mentioned every Lakers asset besides Lonzo being on the table.

It is starting to sound like Kawhi is the dependency for Bron to the Lakers now. And Pop can just sit on this and wait and make the Lakers sweat. The Lakers will have to throw the kitchen sink at them, see the tweet.

"Want Kawhi, no problem, just give us everything you have, thanks".

clips trading austin was a signal that doc is not in charge, jerry west is. gortat allows them to let dj walk. clips believe this is the opening they need to bring chris paul back. and with cp3 comes lebron. that's the story i heard, anyway

Per Woj and Shelbourne, Lakers and Spurs have engaged in trade talks. Lakers reportedly using the Kyrie and PG13 trades as framework but the Spurs recognize that they’re essentially acquiring Lebron and Kawhi with this trade so they’re demanding a huge return.

Sounds like Mo Wagner will likely be included if a deal goes down. The earlier version of the report mentioned every Lakers asset besides Lonzo being on the table.
I would move Lonzo - wonder if other teams have been "thanks but no thanks on him being included". Fascinating power struggle between player and franchise with the league's face waiting on the outside to see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom