NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

I think the Wizards can work it out.
Cousins makes sense there.

I know Wall and Cousins are friends and were teammates at Kentucky, but it seems to defy logic that they would get along at this point in their careers. Maybe they're both crazy enough to gel together but it's such a weird relationship with those two lol

And at that exact point Carmelo was unrestricted and could've went anywhere he wanted to try and win. Nope. Cash them checks.

Stay with your team, you’re greedy. Go somewhere else you’re ring chasing.

If I recall, it was NY, Chicago, and the Lakers who wanted him in 2014.

In hindsight, he would hurt his knee the next season and prove to be past his prime though still good. His prime was 2006-2014, and frankly I think he did all he could in those years.

I know Wall and Cousins are friends and were teammates at Kentucky, but it seems to defy logic that they would get along at this point in their careers. Maybe they're both crazy enough to gel together but it's such a weird relationship with those two lol

I think they're still best friends. A lot of talk all the time about how bad they want to play together again.

I love the idea of adding Dwight to a team where everyone already hates one another.

My Melo/Bulls take is that unless the Knicks could've worked out a sign and trade (not clear they could've), Melo would've had to sign for like 4/65 or something? He signed with the Knicks for like 5/126. That's a ridiculous amount of $ to give up, I can't really kill him for that

If LeBron James makes his FA announcement In the trailer for Space Jam two on Instagram he’s really going to get hammered like the decision.
He’s going to the Lakers.

Last edited:
If LeBron James makes his FA announcement In the trailer for Space Jan two on Instagram he’s really going to get hammered like the decision.

Doesn't bother me in the least. I'm sure Skip and the other hot take douches will have a lot to say but who cares about them. He brought Cleveland a championship and 4 straight finals trips, if their fans are burning jerseys again then they are garbage.

if their fans are burning jerseys again then they are garbage.

They seemed to take it well last Summer when Kyrie left. I think bringing a title to Cleveland eliminates a lot of ill will.

Still its Cleveland so who knows.

They seemed to take it well last Summer when Kyrie left. I think bringing a title to Cleveland eliminates a lot of ill will.

Still its Cleveland so who knows.

If any player were to bring Buffalo a championship, he could murder someone the next day and still get the key to the city.

That's not what you said.

I mean he had shaq, williams, payton, mourning, walker etc. They were old but there were multiple hall of famers on the team.

If LeBron James makes his FA announcement In the trailer for Space Jam two on Instagram he’s really going to get hammered like the decision.

Hasn't it already been reported that the trailer won't be released until after he's already made his announcement? All of the reports are that he wants it to be a relatively quiet process this time around; I can't see him using the trailer to make the announcement.

Hasn't it already been reported that the trailer won't be released until after he's already made his announcement? All of the reports are that he wants it to be a relatively quiet process this time around; I can't see him using the trailer to make the announcement.
I read he is going to use his new rival to YouTube with Instragram to put his decision and incorporate it into the debut trailer of Space Jam 2.

I read he is going to use his new rival to YouTube with Instragram to put his decision and incorporate it into the debut trailer of Space Jam 2.

As far as I've heard, he plans to make his announcement on the Uninterrupted website and a Space Jam trailer will follow after the fact so as not to spoil the decision.

Lebron fanatics criticize Melo for taking money.

Lebron fanatic criticizes KD for going to the Warriors.

Can’t have it both ways.

Honestly think sports fan culture(especially NBA) has gotten way out of hand with the criticism. Everybody hates everybody, basically. Every player gets criticized for literally every decision they make. Even “rings” arent enough to shut people up anymore as they make the “he had too much help” argument. Product of all those H0T Takes TV shows that popped up in the 00’s where the guys all scream at each other to fill airtime IMO, and message boards and now social media where the hottest of takes tend to draw the most responses and biggest reactions.

Honestly hope it’s not like that with the kids, at least. Hopefully they still just love the game and appreciate all the great players the way past generations did. As a kid I had everybody’s poster on my wall: Magic, Dr. J, Barkley, Hakeem, Kareem, Dream Team, Jordan, etc.

I don't understand what LBJ sees in the Lakers. You don't need to be in LA to pursue Hollywood if you are LeBron. Even if they add Paul George are they winning the West in the next few years? Does he really trust that the Laker front office is good enough to get him to the promised land? If his basketball jones is still thriving, the Lakers don't make sense to me.

I don't understand what LBJ sees in the Lakers. You don't need to be in LA to pursue Hollywood if you are LeBron. Even if they add Paul George are they winning the West in the next few years? Does he really trust that the Laker front office is good enough to get him to the promised land? If his basketball jones is still thriving, the Lakers don't make sense to me.

The magical team that is better than Golden State just doesn't exist. The options LeBron appears to be considering are:

Cleveland: Lakers would almost certainly be better IMO

Philly: They could compete with the Warriors if Philly were willing to trade Simmons, but they won't so they probably can't.

Houston: By the time they make the financials work, the supporting pieces probably wouldn't be strong enough, but they can't be completely written off either. It sounds like LeBron plans to opt out of his contract which will make it basically impossible for Houston to get him though.

Considering the 76ers understandable reluctance to trade Simmons and the financial hoops that Houston would have to jump through, I think the Lakers offer him the best chance at competing for a title unless he suddenly begins considering other sign-and-trade/opt-in-and-trade scenarios like maybe the Celtics, Nuggets, Bucks, etc.

The magical team that is better than Golden State just doesn't exist. The options LeBron appears to be considering are:

Cleveland: Lakers would almost certainly be better IMO

Philly: They could compete with the Warriors if Philly were willing to trade Simmons, but they won't so they probably can't.

Houston: By the time they make the financials work, the supporting pieces probably wouldn't be strong enough, but they can't be completely written off either. It sounds like LeBron plans to opt out of his contract which will make it basically impossible for Houston to get him though.

Considering the 76ers understandable reluctance to trade Simmons and the financial hoops that Houston would have to jump through, I think the Lakers offer him the best chance at competing for a title unless he suddenly begins considering other sign-and-trade/opt-in-and-trade scenarios like maybe the Celtics, Nuggets, Bucks, etc.

Frankly, I think that Cleveland gives him just as great of a chance to contend as the Lakers, or any team outside of a Houston super-squad. People are underestimating that squad -- Lebron might figure, why go elsewhere or head west where the competition level ratchets up 3 or 4 notches?

They need to retool a bit, but the components are there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom