NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Chicago is now more likely a playoff team next year.
Atleast they aren’t tanking.
I would put Toronto 3rd and Milwaukee 4th in the East now.

I truly have no idea how any fans keep up with all of the salary cap/trade/free agency rules.

It’s so complicated that I don’t even care to try anymore. I just want to know who is on what team.
Yeah I never realized what this napkin stuff and using bi-annual exception stuff did.
It makes me want a hard cap and no max contracts.

The CBA is done in a way to make it financially stupid to leave your current team.
I get the mindset but this makes it easier to build super teams.
They restrict how much of a cap the top players can take up.
I get why the players don’t want a hard cap.
Unlike the NFL-NFLPA I think the NBAPA gets along but they also have their top players as leaders.

Bucks first round picks since Andrew Bogut:

Yi Jianlian - massive bust

Joe Alexander - massive bust

Brandon Jennings - bust

Larry Sanders - not bust, but literally quit the team once he got paid

Tobias Harris - traded for 0.5 seasons of JJ Redick

John Henson - not bust, but has been overpaid his entire career

Giannis

Jabari - bust with Bucks (due to injury)

Rashad Vaughn - bust

Thon Maker - looks like a bust

DJ Wilson - bust

Donte DiVincenzo - 0 points in summer league

This is how teams lose star players like Giannis.

Bucks first round picks since Andrew Bogut:

Yi Jianlian - massive bust

Joe Alexander - massive bust

Brandon Jennings - bust

Larry Sanders - not bust, but literally quit the team once he got paid

Tobias Harris - traded for 0.5 seasons of JJ Redick

John Henson - not bust, but has been overpaid his entire career

Giannis

Jabari - bust with Bucks (due to injury)

Rashad Vaughn - bust

Thon Maker - looks like a bust

DJ Wilson - bust

Donte DiVincenzo - 0 points in summer league

This is how teams lose star players like Giannis.
I thought Thon Maker was alright?

I thought Thon Maker was alright?

Oh no he was ungodly bad this past season. I do have some hope that Budenholzer might be able to make something out of him but we’ll see. He’s just soooo weak inside and so terrible rebounding the ball.

Really curious to see the other pieces involved, but I think this is probably a win for the Raptors no matter what.

Really curious to see the other pieces involved, but I think this is probably a win for the Raptors no matter what.
I think it is about as good as San Antonio was going to get. I think their main incentive was to find a place that would make Kawhi and his team miserable. Check. In order to appease their fan base, the league and otherr skeptics they needed to get a high level player in return. Derozan is not Kawhi but he has enough credentials that they can stand in front of the fans and media and say "this was the best deal that helped us next year".DeRozan contract is not awful and not that long so they have a couple of years to figure out the next move in what I assume will be the post Pop era.

They got better and the East needs that.
I still don’t get Philly making Fultz untouchable and not getting Leonard.
He makes them better than Boston.
I wouldn’t expect Toronto to win the East with Leonard next year. They are better though.
Will be interesting to see if Leonard misses the USA camp now and misses games next year. He is really socially awkward.
Boston had Kyrie/Hayward/Horford/Brown/Tatum off the table.
Philly had Simmons/Embiid/Fultz off the table.

They got better and the East needs that.
I still don’t get Philly making Fultz untouchable and not getting Leonard.
He makes them better than Boston.
I wouldn’t expect Toronto to win the East with Leonard next year. They are better though.
Will be interesting to see if Leonard misses the USA camp now and misses games next year. He is really socially awkward.
Boston had Kyrie/Hayward/Horford/Brown/Tatum off the table.
Philly had Simmons/Embiid/Fultz off the table.

I'm still on the Fultz bandwagon, but I'm pretty surprised they weren't willing to include him too. I'm not even sure San Antonio would have gone for it anyways though; they seemingly love Dejounte Murray as their PG of the future, though I think it's possible that the two of them could play together and I believe they're both friends too.

Philly’s offer was Covington/Saric/2021 unprotected Miami pick.
Boston’s offer was Morris/Smart/2019 unprotected Sacramento pick.

San Antonio is dumping a bad contract in this deal as well.
DeRozen is a good player so this deal is like the Paul George trade last year.
I wonder if the Spurs get any picks.

Really interested in what else Toronto is sending. Imagine there is at least 1 pick and 1 of the young guys. Would think 1 of Poeltl, Powell, Siakam or Wright is going to SA and some salary is heading to Toronto. Kawhi might end up loving Toronto, city is a really great place to live and he'll be able to have the anonymity that he covets, especially with Tavares going to the Leafs now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom