NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Jimmy Butler turned down a 4 year extension over 100 mil. This could end up being a Minny rental for Jimmy after trading Lavine, Dunn, and pick (Lauri).

I also think he could get more money, even with Minny, by signing next summer.

Something like 3/57 for Parker seems steep, no?

I also think he could get more money, even with Minny, by signing next summer.

Something like 3/57 for Parker seems steep, no?

Yes and yes, I think.

Chicago needs a wing and would be bringing Parker in to play the 3. When healthy, it seems Parker has had his most success playing the 4. Lauri is the 4 for the Bulls and they love him, so that isn't happening.

I wonder if they do a 2 year deal and frontload year 1 and year 2 is an option/ not guaranteed (like a 1+1).. leaving their cap space going forward in good shape. Only way that happens though is if Bucks rescind offer making him unrestricted.

Sounds like the Kings have a similar offer on the table for Parker as well. If that is the case, Parker would likely still choose Chicago.

Yes and yes, I think.

Chicago needs a wing and would be bringing Parker in to play the 3. When healthy, it seems Parker has had his most success playing the 4. Lauri is the 4 for the Bulls and they love him, so that isn't happening.

Do you think Lauri could end up as a 5 at all?

Toronto Raptors now the betting favourite to land Kawhi Leonard at +200 to +250 per a few sites.

No clue how legit this Bucks writer is, so take it for what it is worth (with no Woj or Shams update)...

But if this is true and he is unrestricted.. it makes more sense for the Bulls to do a 1+1 deal. 20 or so mil guaranteed year 1. Team option year 2.

If both years are guaranteed then it takes, the Bulls out as big cap space players in 2019 free agency (most teams are going to have cap space). But leaves Anthony Davis opportunity on the table for 2020.

No clue how legit this Bucks writer is, so take it for what it is worth (with no Woj or Shams update)...

But if this is true and he is unrestricted.. it makes more sense for the Bulls to do a 1+1 deal. 20 or so mil guaranteed year 1. Team option year 2.

If both years are guaranteed then it takes, the Bulls out as big cap space players in 2019 free agency (most teams are going to have cap space). But leaves Anthony Davis opportunity on the table for 2020.
He’s a terrible writer in general and he’s been Jabari’s mouthpiece for awhile, but do to that, he might actually be right here. I Know Woj was saying Milwaukee was heavily considering rescinding the offer for no apparent reason too.

The Bucks front office is so bad it hurts my soul.

How can the Bucks lose Sorry for Jabari without even looking at the offer sheet?
I wouldn’t match a long term deal but a 2 year-40 million dollar offer sheet with their current cap space situation and not getting anything makes little sense.

How can the Bucks lose Sorry for Jabari without even looking at the offer sheet?
I wouldn’t match a long term deal but a 2 year-40 million dollar offer sheet with their current cap space situation and not getting anything makes little sense.

To be fair, we’d have to make a trade to carve out enough cap space to match it if it’s indeed 2/$40, but on the other hand, there’s no logical reason to rescind the qualifying offer at all and the fact that we can’t match even if we wanted to is the result of spending our entire cap on crappy role players.

He’s a terrible writer in general and he’s been Jabari’s mouthpiece for awhile, but do to that, he might actually be right here. I Know Woj was saying Milwaukee was heavily considering rescinding the offer for no apparent reason too.

The Bucks front office is so bad it hurts my soul.

I feel your pain on the front office note. I think GarPax is the worst despite this possible "win."

Just found this front office ranking ESPN did last spring...
Which NBA teams have the best management? Worst?

To be fair, we’d have to make a trade to carve out enough cap space to match it if it’s indeed 2/$40, but on the other hand, there’s no logical reason to rescind the qualifying offer at all and the fact that we can’t match even if we wanted to is the result of spending our entire cap on crappy role players.
You can’t go over the cap to resign your own RFA? Or your owner doesn’t want to pay the luxury tax?

You can’t go over the cap to resign your own RFA? Or your owner doesn’t want to pay the luxury tax?

They are hard-capped at the apron because of...something. I forget what

This Bucks beat writer says otherwise...
Based on the comments... that other guy doesn't seem to sound on his sources. This guy sounds like the one to trust of the two. Melancer would know on this one.

Last edited:
They are hard-capped at the apron because of...something. I forget what
Bucks could drop Jennings and Zeller who have non-guaranteed contracts.
If they wanted to match on Parker.
So basically they hard capped themselves by signing Ilyasova which is stupid.
Parker matters more than him.

Bucks could drop Jennings and Zeller who have non-guaranteed contracts.
If they wanted to match on Parker.
So basically they hard capped themselves by signing Ilyasova which is stupid.
Parker matters more than him.

Yeah, I thought the same... plus they haven't officially signed Ilyasova or Lopez yet (at least that I heard of).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom