NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Any other big moves left you think?

McCollum on the move maybe?

I like our chances to win it.
Marcus got overpaid by 1-3 million a year but in a league that isn’t a hard cap I don’t care.
If it was football I would hate the contract but the owner will just have to pay more in luxury tax I could careless about that.

Some will totally disagree with me, but I suspect that in NBA circles Carmelo is not a difference maker move anymore.

I think Houston does want him, but to your point, less as the all star, but the guy who can get you buckets in the playoffs when it goes iso ball and you are just trying to stave off the next big GSW run.

A better version of Rudy Gay or Joe Johnson.

He also did hit a career-high number of three pointers last year. He can def still get you buckets.

IF, and a I caveat this, IF this is true, getting DDR, Poeltl and a 1st for Kawhi is a heck of a deal, especially for the locker room.

Marcus got overpaid by 1-3 million a year but in a league that isn’t a hard cap I don’t care.
If it was football I would hate the contract but the owner will just have to pay more in luxury tax I could careless about that.
Smart’s a guy our core players like playing with and he has their backs.

I say keep Al, Terry, Jaylen and Tatum happy because if somehow/someway the first three get even better then the warriors will have to start worrying. Terry and Marcus form the best second unit in the league

IF, and a I caveat this, IF this is true, getting DDR, Poeltl and a 1st for Kawhi is a heck of a deal, especially for the locker room.
Spurs could have gotten draft picks from Boston and Covington/Saric/2021 Miami unprotected pick from Philadelphia both packages I liked more than DDR.

538 Carmelo projections showed the value of DDR is 83 million the next 3 years and his salary is 69 million.
So they aren’t getting that good a value while Kawhi next year is worth more than 14 million alone in value.

These posts are just sour grapes. If Brady or Gronk did to Belichick what it appears happened with Kawhi and Pop the national media would be roasting Belichick. The national media is spinning big time for Pop and putting it on Kawhi.

We are talking about Vlade not a rational NBA executive. The fact he has interest in Smart tells you that. Smart with DeAaron Fox is a horrible shooting backcourt. Smart belongs on a good team as the 3rd guard who does all the dirty work. On a 30 win team he kills the team.

He is getting north of 4-60 most likely.

I was a little low, you were a little high but we were in the vicinity. I missed by a mill, you by 2.

Spurs could have gotten draft picks from Boston and Covington/Saric/2021 Miami unprotected pick from Philadelphia both packages I liked more than DDR.

538 Carmelo projections showed the value of DDR is 83 million the next 3 years and his salary is 69 million.
So they aren’t getting that good a value while Kawhi next year is worth more than 14 million alone in value.

These posts are just sour grapes. If Brady or Gronk did to Belichick what it appears happened with Kawhi and Pop the national media would be roasting Belichick. The national media is spinning big time for Pop and putting it on Kawhi.

The Miami unprotected pick stopped meaning anything as soon as the HS entry was delayed.

Kawhi got every opportunity to make this right and his group screwed him. He's being used as leverage to try to make a duplicate of Klutch Sports with the point person being a rich kid's son with money from NYC real estate. That's it. That's the whole deal. And that group is being sued by his previous agent. Spurs had to get rid of him and they got an all-NBA player in his prime. It's the best star for star trade in the history of the league, arguably.

Any package without Tatum or Brown or Jo or Ben was DOA. You aren't trading Kawhi for Marcus Smart and Marcus Morris and a pick in next year's draft that is one-player deep. And you sure aren't taking the pu pu platter from Philly.

The Spurs now have two 2018 all-NBA players that were 2nd team. Yeah, they aren't top tier but they are better than they were last year with a team that made the playoffs in a stacked Western Conference.

Spurs weren't going to dismantle the team based on a few picks and some rotational players.

I was a little low, you were a little high but we were in the vicinity. I missed by a mill, you by 2.
My 4-60 is was what it would take from Sacramento.
If the offer was 4-60 I don’t think the Celtics would have matched.
I think they overpaid at 4-52 but did it to get 4 years. They offered 4-40 last year and after Exum got 3-33 knew it would take more than 10.
Nobody else was giving him that much as a RFA so the Celtics probably went from 4-46 to 4-52 to get the deal done.
As a fan I don’t care if a player gets overpaid a little in the NBA as the extra cost is paid by owners and if the team is competing for a title it’s worth the extra couple of millions in luxury tax bill.

Golden State wins again.
Golden State is the favorite no doubt but this team could beat them.

PG-Irving
SG- Brown
SF- Hayward
PF- Tatum
C- Horford

Bench: Rozier, Smart, Morris, Baynes.
10th: Ojeleye
11th: Yabusele
12th: Williams

Celtics have the depth to win the regular season over Golden State and then have HCA in the Finals.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Houston, Boston, and Toronto get more wins in the regular season than Golden State.

Just because Golden State will be on auto cruise and the West only having one really bad team means they play a harder schedule. The bottom of the East is so bad Boston/Toronto could win 58-62 wins.

Whats Melo’s likely suitors besides houston right now?

Golden State is the favorite no doubt but this team could beat them.

PG-Irving
SG- Brown
SF- Hayward
PF- Tatum
C- Horford

Bench: Rozier, Smart, Morris, Baynes.
10th: Ojeleye
11th: Yabusele
12th: Williams

Celtics have the depth to win the regular season over Golden State and then have HCA in the Finals.

Certainly have a shot to be the best regular season team but they still aren't beating the Warriors next year. Won't get swept but they aren't winning 4 of 7 if both teams are healthy.

My 4-60 is was what it would take from Sacramento.
If the offer was 4-60 I don’t think the Celtics would have matched.
I think they overpaid at 4-52 but did it to get 4 years. They offered 4-40 last year and after Exum got 3-33 knew it would take more than 10.
Nobody else was giving him that much as a RFA so the Celtics probably went from 4-46 to 4-52 to get the deal done.
As a fan I don’t care if a player gets overpaid a little in the NBA as the extra cost is paid by owners and if the team is competing for a title it’s worth the extra couple of millions in luxury tax bill.

They need to do whatever is possible to avoid the tax this year so that they can avoid the repeater tax down the line. Kind of what the Yanks and Dodgers did this year.

Whats Melo’s likely suitors besides houston right now?
It depends on if he's willing to come off the bench and beat the crap out of second stringers. If he is, Mannix said there are a dozen teams that love the idea of Melo in that capacity.

Certainly have a shot to be the best regular season team but they still aren't beating the Warriors next year. Won't get swept but they aren't winning 4 of 7 if both teams are healthy.
With a healthy kyrie, i absolutely believe we have a shot

The Celtics team does look pretty impressive, but then you kinda think about it. The Warriors have Demarcus Cousins, and not only that, it's likely their best 5 man lineup doesnt even include him!
The more I think about it, the more amazing what the Rockets did last year to Golden State really is. The Durant Warriors have lost 6 playoff games and half of them came in that series

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom