NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Golden State is the favorite no doubt but this team could beat them.

PG-Irving
SG- Brown
SF- Hayward
PF- Tatum
C- Horford

Bench: Rozier, Smart, Morris, Baynes.
10th: Ojeleye
11th: Yabusele
12th: Williams

Celtics have the depth to win the regular season over Golden State and then have HCA in the Finals.
I think that looks potent, and it's probably sixes, but Hayward physically is likely best able to play PF versus Tatum. Hayward's not the skinny geek out of Butler anymore.

gordon-hayward-went-from-lll-have-her-home-by-9-12307582.png

I think that looks potent, and it's probably sixes, but Hayward physically is likely best able to play PF versus Tatum. Hayward's not the skinny geek out of Butler anymore.

I can't wait to see what this team will be with everyone at full strength. Against the warriors, guarding Durant looks to be the biggest question mark for the Celts (and everyone else in the league).

Tatum is going to add 10-15 lbs of muscle this offseason.
Plus, really against the Warriors you don’t really need more than one big on the floor which would be Horford for crunch time.

The 2022 pick from OKC to Atlanta is 1-14 protected if it doesn’t convey it becomes 2 2nd round picks.

Plus, really against the Warriors you don’t really need more than one big on the floor which would be Horford for crunch time.
Right, Tatum can add muscle, I'm saying Hayward already has and has also had more time to build strength.

The use of the word we kinda negates any kind of unbiased view there.
Or you could watch teams play when fully healthy and just realize they’re very good.

I’m really rooting for Kawhi to stop being a little puppet for Uncle Dennis, suit up, ball out for Toronto, and stay there. That fan base is insane. They deserve a contending squad.

I’m really rooting for Kawhi to stop being a little puppet for Uncle Dennis, suit up, ball out for Toronto, and stay there. That fan base is insane. They deserve a contending squad.

On paper, assuming Kawhi is healthy and buys in, they have an incredible top 8 or so, with just a fearsome lock down team on D.

I know Kawhi might want to be on the first plane out to LA after the season, but this may be his best shot at getting to the Finals for a while.

Think the Cs would be the closest thing to even with the Dubs with the big assumption that they are healthy (looking at you Kyrie).

What would have been great is if the Cs got past Cleveland this year and Tatum and Brown got some road rash from the Dubs this past year going into this one, but it's all good.

Should be fun for the top three of the east with the Cs, Raps and 76ers.

Dubs have to play someone in the Finals.

Think the Cs would be the closest thing to even with the Dubs with the big assumption that they are healthy (looking at you Kyrie).

What would have been great is if the Cs got past Cleveland this year and Tatum and Brown got some road rash from the Dubs this past year going into this one, but it's all good.

Boston actually matches up pretty good against Golden State.
Really it comes down to Durant.
He is the guy that makes the Warriors dynasty what it is.

I think with Kyrie/Brown/Smart/Rozier that is enough backcourt depth.

Iggy is getting old. I think Horford is a lesser version of Green.

Hayward is Celtics version of Durant. He clearly isn’t as good as KD but he raises their ceiling a lot. Kyrie is going to fine health wise his surgery if it was done in February could have been back for the playoffs.
Even without Kyrie in the regular season they have enough backcourt depth.

Boston and Toronto are now the class of the East with Philly capable of winning the conference.
Milwaukee-Indiana are 4/5.

Boston actually matches up pretty good against Golden State.
Really it comes down to Durant.
He is the guy that makes the Warriors dynasty what it is.

I think with Kyrie/Brown/Smart/Rozier that is enough backcourt depth.

Iggy is getting old. I think Horford is a lesser version of Green.

Hayward is Celtics version of Durant. He clearly isn’t as good as KD but he raises their ceiling a lot. Kyrie is going to fine health wise his surgery if it was done in February could have been back for the playoffs.
Even without Kyrie in the regular season they have enough backcourt depth.

Boston and Toronto are now the class of the East with Philly capable of winning the conference.
Milwaukee-Indiana are 4/5.

Not a bad top 5. East should be pretty entertaining. Pending KP's health, I'm actually excited for the Knicks to be feisty (I know, I know).

Or you could watch teams play when fully healthy and just realize they’re very good.

Unless you are talking to me from somewhere in the future then watching that Celtics lineup when fully healthy is an impossibility.

I think that the Celtics core was too young [with the exception of Horford, who obviously is a playoff veteran] and couldn't quite get over the hump due to collective inexperience. Losing game 7 to a Lebron led Cavs team was predictable, even though they were at home.

However, advancing to game 7 of the conference finals, dealing with the pressure associated with playoff basketball, etc. makes those young players grizzled playoff veterans now. I wouldn't expect them to be as "tight" in an elimination game this time around. Several of those players were getting their first taste of playoff basketball.

Also, they were awful on the road in the playoffs last year -- which makes it even more amazing that they got to game 7 of the conference finals. Another sign of inexperience that will need to change, and probably will now that they've been through the wars a little bit.

I think that the Celtics core was too young [with the exception of Horford, who obviously is a playoff veteran] and couldn't quite get over the hump due to collective inexperience. Losing game 7 to a Lebron led Cavs team was predictable, even though they were at home.

However, advancing to game 7 of the conference finals, dealing with the pressure associated with playoff basketball, etc. makes those young players grizzled playoff veterans now. I wouldn't expect them to be as "tight" in an elimination game this time around. Several of those players were getting their first taste of playoff basketball.

Also, they were awful on the road in the playoffs last year -- which makes it even more amazing that they got to game 7 of the conference finals. Another sign of inexperience that will need to change, and probably will now that they've been through the wars a little bit.

Kyrie will be the difference there. He's got the experience, and he can take over when needed.

Golden State is the favorite no doubt but this team could beat them.

PG-Irving
SG- Brown
SF- Hayward
PF- Tatum
C- Horford

Bench: Rozier, Smart, Morris, Baynes.
10th: Ojeleye
11th: Yabusele
12th: Williams

Celtics have the depth to win the regular season over Golden State and then have HCA in the Finals.

Celtics will be very good. I hope they stay healthy.

But no team is beating a healthy team containing a lineup of Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, and Demarcus Cousins. The bench doesn't matter.

Celtics will be very good. I hope they stay healthy.

But no team is beating a healthy team containing a lineup of Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, and Demarcus Cousins. The bench doesn't matter.

I'm afraid you are going to be correct. Which sucks. But the Cs should test them more than the Cavs did this year. And then roll them the year after...

Smart’s a guy our core players like playing with and he has their backs.

I say keep Al, Terry, Jaylen and Tatum happy because if somehow/someway the first three get even better then the warriors will have to start worrying. Terry and Marcus form the best second unit in the league

I would gladly put the Raptors second unit against the Celtics. They are very close, and no way would I claim so certainly that Boston's is better.

Even with Kawhi, it's the starters where there is the huge gap between the teams in favour of Boston.

I would gladly put the Raptors second unit against the Celtics. They are very close, and no way would I claim so certainly that Boston's is better.

Even with Kawhi, it's the starters where there is the huge gap between the teams in favour of Boston.
Toronto had the best bench last year.
I would say if Boston is healthy their bench is one of their strengths.
Smart and Rozier are starting caliber guards.
Morris as a forward as well. With Baynes and their first round pick as one of the if not the best 2nd unit.

Depth is why I am confident in Boston winning the East. They could lose anybody for months and still survive. If it’s season ending its another story.

I mean the c’s second unit is still rozier, smart, tatum, morris and baynes

I mean the c’s second unit is still rozier, smart, tatum, morris and baynes
I could dunk all over that unit. Every single one of them.

Even Baynes, although he'd probably give me a groin shot in the process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom