NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades

With Draymond Green's arrest today I really wish USA basketball would ask Tim Duncan to go out in the Olympics and replace Green on the team.

With Draymond Green's arrest today I really wish USA basketball would ask Tim Duncan to go out in the Olympics and replace Green on the team.

That would be cool - not sure he has any good knees left to give it any type of run.

They might have the room to match on Boban and keep Manu at his cap hold, according to a salary cap guy I follow on twitter.

They should be able to get max room, or close to it, next summer, no? Danny Green might be on the chopping block though. Or, Pau might opt out

That makes sense. Danny and Patty Mills had some tough games last year. Wouldn't be surprised if those guys are playing for their jobs with San Antonio this year.

That makes sense. Danny and Patty Mills had some tough games last year. Wouldn't be surprised if those guys are playing for their jobs with San Antonio this year.

It's amazing how that the deals both LMA and Kawhi signed last summer look like incredible bargains just 12 months later.

That would be cool - not sure he has any good knees left to give it any type of run.
They would only really need in an emergency situation against a team like Spain if Marc Gasol plays. We could see the USA play Durant at the 5 against most teams if Duncan was on the team.

My buddy who works for the Celtics told me(he told me Horford 2 days early as well) to watch out for this deal.
3 way deal
Griffin to Boston, Gay/Smart, 2 Brooklyn picks to LAC, Crowder to Sacramento.

Not sure I like it but something to watch now.

My buddy who works for the Celtics told me(he told me Horford 2 days early as well) to watch out for this deal.
3 way deal
Griffin to Boston, Gay/Smart, 2 Brooklyn picks to LAC, Crowder to Sacramento.

Not sure I like it but something to watch now.

If I'm Boston Crowder is the kind of guy I'd like to keep, but at the same time, Blake Griffin is an elite player. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it.

Assuming Blake checks out medically, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Honestly, that's a pretty good trade for all 3 teams IMO.

Edit: I should add though that this has to be contingent upon Blake agreeing to an extension with Boston.

Last edited:
So are the Nets horrifically incompetent, or evil geniuses? I mean, they got Portland to swallow $75mill for Crabbe and Miami to eat $50mill for Johnson.

So are the Nets horrifically incompetent, or evil geniuses? I mean, they got Portland to swallow $75mill for Crabbe and Miami to eat $50mill for Johnson.

I really think they wanted both guys. And I can't totally say I blame them. They're still like $30 million under the floor right now.

You know the rest of the roster is just hoping they don't spend a whole lot more money. Could be a huge bonus for them.

I really think they wanted both guys. And I can't totally say I blame them. They're still like $30 million under the floor right now.

You know the rest of the roster is just hoping they don't spend a whole lot more money. Could be a huge bonus for them.
I'm all kinds of ready to jump on "He made the right choice!" if McCullough gets a fat bonus check because the Nets couldn't spend enough.

Nets could look at Dion Waiters if they have to spend money. Not sure much is better left on the market. 4 and 72 for DW is what he looking for.

Billy King ruined that franchise. Maybe he was ordered by Prokorov but still King ruined that franchise. Their new GM is smart and in 4-5 years will turn to around. They are going thru the Isiah Knicks years right now.

I'm all kinds of ready to jump on "He made the right choice!" if McCullough gets a fat bonus check because the Nets couldn't spend enough.

Owners had to cut a $130 million check to the players for last year; wonder how much of that he got.

So the Celtics are talking trade with Clippers over Griffin and Kings over Cousins and rumors from other GMs are that the C's are best suited for a Westbrook trade.

Taking contracts out of the equation and assume the trade involves one/two of Bradley/Brown/Smart/Crowder and draft picks which player gives the C's the best chance to compete with Cavs in the East.

Thomas/Horford/Olayik/Amir Johnson/two/three from the above/All-Star trade/Rosier look like a 50-53 win team which would be 2nd or 3rd in the East.

So the Celtics are talking trade with Clippers over Griffin and Kings over Cousins and rumors from other GMs are that the C's are best suited for a Westbrook trade.

Taking contracts out of the equation and assume the trade involves one/two of Bradley/Brown/Smart/Crowder and draft picks which player gives the C's the best chance to compete with Cavs in the East.

Thomas/Horford/Olayik/Amir Johnson/two/three from the above/All-Star trade/Rosier look like a 50-53 win team which would be 2nd or 3rd in the East.

So basically Blake vs Cousins? That's tough; Blake might be better and he's definitely more reliable, but Cousins has just a little more upside; if he gets his head on straight the dude is a monster. Plus the Cavs would have no one to guard him. (He's also signed for longer, corrext?)

So basically Blake vs Cousins? That's tough; Blake might be better and he's definitely more reliable, but Cousins has just a little more upside; if he gets his head on straight the dude is a monster. Plus the Cavs would have no one to guard him. (He's also signed for longer, corrext?)
Cousins has 3 years left, Griffin 2 years left, Westbrook 1.

I think they are getting Griffin for the package about I described a couple of days ago. Chris Paul is a FA after next year and he wants change on the roster Blake gets them the most. They could flip those picks next yea if they wanted too as well.

Cousins has 3 years left, Griffin 2 years left, Westbrook 1.

I think they are getting Griffin for the package about I described a couple of days ago. Chris Paul is a FA after next year and he wants change on the roster Blake gets them the most. They could flip those picks next yea if they wanted too as well.

Think Blake can opt out next summer?

If they get Westbrook I think they immediately pose a legitimate threat to the Cavs.

Dion is now an unrestricted FA. Guess OKC wasn't that impressed with his playoff run?

Dion is now an unrestricted FA. Guess OKC wasn't that impressed with his playoff run?

If they know they can't keep Russ and they are going to keep Dipo, they can't keep Dion. He won't fit.

If they know they can't keep Russ and they are going to keep Dipo, they can't keep Dion. He won't fit.
This could work out well for Dion. Teams may have been scared away from making an offer since OKC had stated they would be matching. The path is clear now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom