NBA playoffs: and then there were four | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: and then there were four

I think he needs the 3peat

Then when he makes it an 8peat in Cleveland we can look back and laugh

People hated Ali (for other reasons), but, still, looking back, how'd that work out. I shudder to think how Ali would be pilloried today in a social media world where if you fart it's gonna show up on YouTube.

The haters will hate, that's how haters are, illogical. Pay them no mind. People who know basketball -- and I'm talking former players/coaches/commentators (e.g., Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson, among others) -- realize we are seeing someone special, a player for the age, a rare combination of a consummate team player and alpha dogg, an athlete whose artistry transcends sports.

People hated Ali (for other reasons), but, still, looking back, how'd that work out. I shudder to think how Ali would be pilloried today in a social media world where if you fart it's gonna show up on YouTube.

The haters will hate, that's how haters are, illogical. Pay them no mind. People who know basketball -- and I'm talking former players/coaches/commentators (e.g., Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson, among others) -- realize we are seeing someone special, a player for the age, a rare combination of a consummate team player and alpha dogg, an athlete whose artistry transcends sports.

This is my biggest thing with LeBron. Even if you don't root for him, not being able to appreciate what he can do on a basketball court seems really silly. It's also why I can't understand not watching the NBA at all. Just put it on for LeBron if nothing else!

Personally, I want the Spurs to win this year, Duncan to get his fifth ring, solidify his spot above Kobe in all-time rankings. I have a pipe dream that KD ends up on SA when he hits FA and does a one year swan song with Duncan.

Besides that, I'm happy to have LeBron win. He's the best player on the planet. In reality, the distance between him and #2 is pretty big. I don't care who won MVP. I just watched KD get schooled on the low block by Boris "I haven't worked out in seven years" Diaw. LeBron is the best, by far. Even if they lose this year (which I think is a possibility with Wade's fragility and Bosh becoming Craig Hodges), I still see LeBron ending up with 2-4 more rings wherever he ends up. He's just too good not to be in contention every year.

Lebron with epic drives to the hoop tonight. If he had the mindset/green light of Durant or Westbrook, he could drop 40 every night. He can score that easily.

This is my biggest thing with LeBron. Even if you don't root for him, not being able to appreciate what he can do on a basketball court seems really silly. It's also why I can't understand not watching the NBA at all. Just put it on for LeBron if nothing else!

Personally, I want the Spurs to win this year, Duncan to get his fifth ring, solidify his spot above Kobe in all-time rankings. I have a pipe dream that KD ends up on SA when he hits FA and does a one year swan song with Duncan.

Besides that, I'm happy to have LeBron win. He's the best player on the planet. In reality, the distance between him and #2 is pretty big. I don't care who won MVP. I just watched KD get schooled on the low block by Boris "I haven't worked out in seven years" Diaw. LeBron is the best, by far. Even if they lose this year (which I think is a possibility with Wade's fragility and Bosh becoming Craig Hodges), I still see LeBron ending up with 2-4 more rings wherever he ends up. He's just too good not to be in contention every year.

Big fan of the Spurs, but bigger fan of LeBron, hence, the Heat, but, damn, a Spurs-Heat final would be great for a number of reasons, including that both teams personify team basketball at its finest, along with the fact that this would be a rematch of last season's finals.

As much as I love seeing LeBron go all Usain Bolt and tear down the court and beat three defenders to the basket or drop a ridiculous three, I most enjoy seeing him share the ball, work for the best shot. Great, great passer. Spurs play great team ball, too, great mix of players, great coach.

That would be a sweet series, or, at least, should be. Wouldn't break my heart to see OKC in the final, though, so LeBron, et al., could get a shot at the runaway winner of the regular season MVP and his team.

Lebron with epic drives to the hoop tonight. If he had the mindset/green light of Durant or Westbrook, he could drop 40 every night. He can score that easily.

I can't believe Lance and his mouth. Like LeBron needs someone talking trash to him.

Big fan of the Spurs, but bigger fan of LeBron, hence, the Heat, but, damn, a Spurs-Heat final would be great for a number of reasons, including that both teams personify team basketball at its finest, along with the fact that this would be a rematch of last season's finals.

As much as I love seeing LeBron go all Usain Bolt and tear down the court and beat three defenders to the basket or drop a ridiculous three, I most enjoy seeing him share the ball, work for the best shot. Great, great passer. Spurs play great team ball, too, great mix of players, great coach.

That would be a sweet series, or, at least, should be. Wouldn't break my heart to see OKC in the final, though, so LeBron, et al., could get a shot at the runaway winner of the regular season MVP and his team.

Spurs - Heat would be the best basketball. When those two teams play, the level of play is so high it makes the college game look like a JV practice. While Spo isn't in the same league as Pop, he's a legitimately good coach that probably doesn't get enough respect.

I just don't think OKC has figured out the right offense for their team and it's already May. I know Russ has been injured and all that, but if you don't have it figured out by now, you are going to run into a team that does and will beat you.

Indy is a mess. I don't know what happened, but I'm sure the real story will be told in the future.

Love seeing an athlete his size accelerate and outrace 3, 4 guys to the hoop, but I do get a tad uneasy that he's going so fast he may hurt someone else or, poo poo, himself. He's a freak.

Love seeing an athlete his size accelerate and outrace 3, 4 guys to the hoop, but I do get a tad uneasy that he's going so fast he may hurt someone else or, poo poo, himself. He's a freak.

I just don't understand what Paul George was doing on that defense on that break. Giving Lebron the right hand is just so stupid. I know he can go with both hands, but why not force him to go left and beat you instead of making it super easy for him?

I just don't understand what Paul George was doing on that defense on that break. Giving Lebron the right hand is just so stupid. I know he can go with both hands, but why not force him to go left and beat you instead of making it super easy for him?
George did not look good on that one. LeBron's actually a lefty, except when he's shooting. Seems as if he's going more and more to his left-hand on drives. http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/...writes-and-eats-left-handed-but-shoots-with-h

George did not look good on that one. LeBron's actually a lefty, except when he's shooting. Seems as if he's going more and more to his left-hand on drives. http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/...writes-and-eats-left-handed-but-shoots-with-h

Even so, if he goes left and brings it back to the right hand to shoot/dunk, George could at least attempt to contest that shot at or near the rim, instead of just watching Lebron after he goes right by.

That was a bad mistake. Especially when playing on the road.

I just don't think OKC has figured out the right offense for their team and it's already May. I know Russ has been injured and all that, but if you don't have it figured out by now, you are going to run into a team that does and will beat you.

What exactly is the OKC offense? It's really tough to watch them. KD misses so many shots and just stands around when he doesn't have the ball. And Westbrook just ignores everyone else on the floor half the time. But they both make the spectacular plays look easy when they get the chance. I just don't get it with them.

It seems like they don't have much of an offensive plan, but they have 2 unbelievable individual talents who can make something out of nothing

The play where Westbrook tipped the ball while having both feet out of bounds was ridiculous. Refs can't miss that.

Insane games on tonight. The basketball is pretty good but the hockey game is nuts! And the sox are winning.

The play where Westbrook tipped the ball while having both feet out of bounds was ridiculous. Refs can't miss that.

Insane games on tonight. The basketball is pretty good but the hockey game is nuts! And the sox are winning.

Switch seems to have flicked when Ibaka came back. Westbrook and Durant have been ridiculous tonight. How can San Antonio look so vastly superior at home and like poop tonight? I love hoops, the NBA playoffs in particular, but I think I'm gonna have to go see wassup with the Habs and Rangers. Turn out the lights, Pop, the party's over (for tonight, at least).

Last edited:
Switch seems to have flicked when Ibaka came back. Westbrook and Durant have been ridiculous tonight. How can San Antonio look so vastly superior at home and like poop tonight? I love hoops, the NBA playoffs in particular, but I think I'm gonna have to go see wassup with the Habs and Rangers. Turn out the lights, Pop, the party's over (for tonight, at least).

When Russ is making jump shots, all bets are off.

I think this is going 7 and Spurs pull it out in a close one.

When Russ is making jump shots, all bets are off.

I think this is going 7 and Spurs pull it out in a close one.
I'm with ya, Spurs eke it out in 7.

Would like to see the Heat finish off Indy tonight and get some time off while OKC and San Antonio beat up on each other. Heat are a 1-point favorite tonight, but Allen and Birdman may be out, wouldn't be surprised to see the Pacers win tonight at home.

I'm with ya, Spurs eke it out in 7.

Would like to see the Heat finish off Indy tonight and get some time off while OKC and San Antonio beat up on each other. Heat are a 1-point favorite tonight, but Allen and Birdman may be out, wouldn't be surprised to see the Pacers win tonight at home.

Yeah, I can see Indy getting one tonight, but no way the Heat lose this series.

just lol at almost every single foul called on Lebron tonight

PG whined to the media and it pays off

except Indy still sucks and is losing rofl

The hilarity of the fouls called tonight is epic

Couldn't be more obvious. What a joke.

I NEVER bittch about officiating, but give me a break.

George 37, Lebron non-factor, at home. Win by 3.

Haha. I'm hating the pacers more and more. Stephenson is a clown.

Good play at the end going to Bosh for the three, and the win, but, tonight, didn't work, still, impressive the Heat were in it till the end with LBJ goin' down with 5 fouls fairly early in the third quarter. Love seein' a guy like Rashard Lewis, who was a dnp for a quarter of the season, come in and drop 6 threes. Paul George was too much tonight, though. Stephenson, meanwhile, a douche, what's up with him blowing in LeBron's ear? Does he think that's gonna mess with LBJ's head? He shook his head, laughed, probably feels sorry for Stephenson.

Tonight was Lance's. and the Pacers', last hurrah for the 2013-14 season. I expected the series to go 6, which it should, ending Friday night in South Florida.

Good play at the end going to Bosh for the three, and the win, but, tonight, didn't work, still, impressive the Heat were in it till the end with LBJ goin' down with 5 fouls fairly early in the third quarter. Love seein' a guy like Rashard Lewis, who was a dnp for a quarter of the season, come in and drop 6 threes. Paul George was too much tonight, though. Stephenson, meanwhile, a douche, what's up with him blowing in LeBron's ear? Does he think that's gonna mess with LBJ's head? He shook his head, laughed, probably feels sorry for Stephenson.

Tonight was Lance's. and the Pacers', last hurrah for the 2013-14 season. I expected the series to go 6, which it should, ending Friday night in South Florida.
That Lebron block on Hill was just awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom