NBA playoffs: and then there were four | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: and then there were four

The hilarity of the fouls called tonight is epic

Couldn't be more obvious. What a joke.

I NEVER bittch about officiating, but give me a break.

Did I miss Paul George whining about the disparity in fouls last night (Indy had 22 free throws, Miami 8, it was 37-15 Indy in game 1) like he did after Monday's game in Miami?

Looks like home court, along with a superior coach and talent, is gonna be the difference in the San Antonio-OKC series. Funny how OKC can look so good at home and so turrible on the road. Wouldn't be shocked if the Spurs sealed the deal tomorrow night at OKC, would be shocked if OKC can win two in a row. The Spurs moved slightly past the Heat for the overall favorite in Vegas today. http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

One OKC highlight from last night: Russell Westbrook's insane slam, best dunk of the post-season, perhaps the season.

Westbrook is one of the greatest athletes I've ever seen. Look how quickly he jumps and dunks in that clip. He's also a crazy rebounder for his size. He just jumps higher than the rest of the freakishly athletic guys that have 6+ inches on him.

Westbrook doesn't always know exactly what's going on, it seems, but he blows me away every time I see him play. NBA players are some of the best athletes in the world, and he seems to be head and shoulders above nearly all of them

Lots of complaining about Lance Stephenson when Miami warms up to a song about selling blow.

Lots of complaining about Lance Stephenson when Miami warms up to a song about selling blow.
Complaining? Hell, as a Heat fan, I love Stephenson's lunacy. Most of the complaining about Stephenson's behavior has come from his teammates and team president Larry Bird, and rightfully so. He's only hurting his team. Hell, he got into a fight with a teammate, Evan Turner, just before the playoffs (guess he just doesn't beat up women). That had to be great for team morale which already, at that time, was not the best.

Lance is a super-talented player, scary good, but, as the great basketball pundit Mose Allison would say, his mind is on vacation and his mouth is working overtime. No complaint, just observation.

Complaining? Hell, as a Heat fan, I love Stephenson's lunacy. Most of the complaining about Stephenson's behavior has come from his teammates and team president Larry Bird, and rightfully so. He's only hurting his team. Hell, he got into a fight with a teammate, Evan Turner, just before the playoffs (guess he just doesn't beat up women). That had to be great for team morale which already, at that time, was not the best.

Lance is a super-talented player, scary good, but, as the great basketball pundit Mose Allison would say, his mind is on vacation and his mouth is working overtime. No complaint, just observation.
It's all good, I have this dude on my team..

I cant believe I'm saying his but I'm starting to like Lance Stephenson.

Mark Jackson definitely respects him. It's fun watching someone stand up to the best player in the world.

Paul George is so overrated. If he doesn't get his ish together, Indiana is going to get their doors blown off.

I cant believe I'm saying his but I'm starting to like Lance Stephenson.

Mark Jackson definitely respects him. It's fun watching someone stand up to the best player in the world.
Mark did not like seeing Lance walk over to LeBron and lightly hit him in the face. Van Gundy certainly didn't, says that's how riots start on the court, says after that he wouldn't fault LBJ if he, in so many words, kicked Stephenson's tush.

Last edited:
Mark did not like seeing Lance walk over to LeBron and lightly hit him in the face. Van Gundy certainly didn't, says that's how riots start on the court, says after that he wouldn't fault LBJ if he, in so many words, kicked Stephenson's tush.
LBJ doesn't need to talk ish bc he's got his goons (Udonis Haslem for example) chirping in his ear off the bench.

Lance has a history of violence against women. He's a bad person.

These antics are stupid and, as you saw after the Norris Cole slap, not a single teammate was going to stand up for him.

He's on an island and a terrible person. Also, he's cost himself millions during this playoff run.

These antics are stupid and, as you saw after the Norris Cole slap, not a single teammate was going to stand up for him.

He's on an island and a terrible person. Also, he's cost himself millions during this playoff run.
Oh stop. Who do you root for and I'll tell you about some of your "bad" players. He's off on an island because he's the only one who doesn't need a halftime heart transplant. Only guy out there who gives a damn. People are overreacting to him sooooooo much. Bill Simmons crying like a little girl rn over it. I'll take Lance on my team over any of these Pacer wannabes.

All true, particularly your last sentence, he's gonna be a free agent, wonder if Bird's gonna wanna put up with his . He's replaced Metta World Peace as the loosest cannon in the league. He would've been better served to have let his skills do his talking. I have a feeling Lance's story's not gonna have a good ending.

Lance is trying WAY too hard. It's like he's taken everything he's ever read/heard about "gamesmanship" from things Gary Payton, Dennis Rodman, etc. did and just throwing it all at the wall and seeing what sticks. Horrible approach. He has no idea what he's doing, and is not good at that crap at all.

I like him as a player though.

All true, particularly your last sentence, he's gonna be a free agent, wonder if Bird's gonna wanna put up with his . He's replaced Metta World Peace as the loosest cannon in the league. He would've been better served to have let his skills do his talking. I have a feeling Lance's story's not gonna have a good ending.
Bird should be more worried about his fake All-Stars than Lance Stephenson.

I wonder if any of those "Paul George is better than Melo", "Paul George is the 3rd best player in the league" jumping the gun people are still around. The sleepy Nyquil Paul George showed up tonight. He's way too inconsistent and has way too many bad shooting nights to be considered an elite player at this point.

I wonder if any of those "Paul George is better than Melo", "Paul George is the 3rd best player in the league" jumping the gun people are still around. The sleepy Nyquil Paul George showed up tonight. He's way too inconsistent and has way too many bad shooting nights to be considered an elite player at this point.
Outside of Lebron, no one has distinguished themselves as a better player than Melo. KD is better but let's not forget he's had his struggles and even with Westbrook doesn't have a shot without Ibaka. I think NY fans are realizing just how good he is now.

As far as Paul George goes, he's all hype and he's been punked far too often now to be considered an elite player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom