NBA playoffs: and then there were four | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: and then there were four

Fireball Jr.

All American
Looking forward to what should be two more good series in what has been a great post-season (actually, the real season) thus far. Bad blood between Pacers and Heat, Pacers trying to right its ship, Heat trying to get to the finals for the fourth straight year. I'm thinkin' Heat in 6.

In the West, you have the hot new team on the block with its two young stars vs. the most-successful sports franchise in the U.S. the past 15 years, San Antonio, with four championships and a fifth that slipped away last year against Miami. As a Heat fan, I'd rather see OKC in the finals, but I'm goin' with the Spurs in six.

Too bad Ibaka's apparently out for the rest of the season, he's a stud on both ends of the court, as a Heat fan, he concerns me more than Durant and Westbrook. And too bad Tony Parker's hammy is acting up again, but, hey, that's show biz.

Vegas Insider has the Heat at 11/10 to win it all, Spurs are 11/5, OKC's 7/2, Indy' 20/1.

Let the games begin!

Preseason I had these 4 as the last 4 left. Not shocked.

I originally had miami beating OKC but with ibaka out and the spurs having a better year than I thought, I'm going Miami vs SA.

Preseason I had these 4 as the last 4 left. Not shocked.

I originally had miami beating OKC but with ibaka out and the spurs having a better year than I thought, I'm going Miami vs SA.
Call me crazy (wouldn't be the first, or millionth, time), but I think Ibaka's more valuable than Westbrook. As a Heat fan, I'd prefer OKC to the Spurs 25 hours a day and 8 days a week. But, first, there's the Pacers, who do have home-court advantage against Miami and for much of the season were the best team in The Association. Bad blood, good story line, and Lance Stephenson only has made it better (Vogel musta been thrilled with this): http://nba.si.com/2014/05/17/lance-stephenson-dwyane-wade-knee-pacers-heat/

This is the way it should be. The 3 best players in the league and the best "team" in the league.

If Heat-Pacers goes to a Game 7, Indy wins that game. There's too much motivation, and the fact that Miami essentially conceded home court will not be lost on anyone.

This is the way it should be. The 3 best players in the league and the best "team" in the league.

If Heat-Pacers goes to a Game 7, Indy wins that game. There's too much motivation, and the fact that Miami essentially conceded home court will not be lost on anyone.

I'm hoping the series doesn't go the distance, the prospect of a game 7 in Indy makes this Heat fan a tad uneasy, at least, after what we saw yesterday, a glimpse of the Pacers team that for a good part of the season was the best team in The Association. I'm remaining upbeat, am looking for the Heat to rebound tomorrow night, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pacers take this series. Tough matchup for Miami, hope that home-court concession doesn't turn around and bite them in the tush.

Too bad the Oden experiment appears to be over. The Heat took a chance on Oden specifically for this series, to lean on Hibbert for a spell here and there, but Hibbert manhandled Oden so severely in the first few minutes of a Heat-Pacers game a couple of months ago that Pat Riley's hair curled. Don't think I've seen Oden play since.
http://grantland.com/features/greg-oden-miami-heat-nba-playoffs-how-to-be-a-benchwarmer/

Indy just seems like a really good matchup for Miami. But it boggles my mind that a team that Atlanta took to 7 (and realistically, Atlanta had game 6 won) could beat Miami. But they already have a game in the bag.
Sign me up for a rematch of last year; though really, as long as Miami wins the east the finals should be awesome

Indy just seems like a really good matchup for Miami. But it boggles my mind that a team that Atlanta took to 7 (and realistically, Atlanta had game 6 won) could beat Miami. But they already have a game in the bag.
Sign me up for a rematch of last year; though really, as long as Miami wins the east the finals should be awesome

I agree. I think a Miami / SA rematch would be amazing, with SA pulling out a close one, probably in 7.

I think if SA plays Indy they destroy them in five (maybe six).

It's really too bad Ibaka is out. I don't think it would have tipped the scales to OKC beating SA, but it would have definitely made it more competitive.

This will be the 4th year in a row I've picked Miami to win it all, and I'm 2 for 3 so far; I can't pick against Lebron. If its the Spurs, I would expect it to go 7, and game 7 in San Antonio might be the difference, but I'm gonna stick with Lebron till someone takes him down.

This will be the 4th year in a row I've picked Miami to win it all, and I'm 2 for 3 so far; I can't pick against Lebron. If its the Spurs, I would expect it to go 7, and game 7 in San Antonio might be the difference, but I'm gonna stick with Lebron till someone takes him down.

Greatest player since MJ is always a good bet. I'd take the Spurs only because of home court and Patty Mills being a heat check guy. Plus Tiago playing like he deserves his checks.

Would be an incredible series.

The Spurs are like a freaking buzzsaw right now. Pop is incredible. On a per minute basis, Duncan is basically as good as he's always been. When they won their first title in 99, he was 22, and averaged 19.9-10.5-2.3 (blocks) on a 54.1% true shooting. This year, 19-12-2.3 on 53.5% true shooting. He had some better years in the early part of this decade, but still, the difference comes down to a bucket per 36. What a player

The Spurs are like a freaking buzzsaw right now. Pop is incredible. On a per minute basis, Duncan is basically as good as he's always been. When they won their first title in 99, he was 22, and averaged 19.9-10.5-2.3 (blocks) on a 54.1% true shooting. This year, 19-12-2.3 on 53.5% true shooting. He had some better years in the early part of this decade, but still, the difference comes down to a bucket per 36. What a player

I really don't think people recognize how important well run organizations are in the NBA. You match an organization like that with a star like Duncan, and you can have years of success. It really seems like the kind of organization that, in a perfect world, would be a possible landing spot for KD when he hits FA.

After years of watching Ray Allen go off against teams I root for in college and the pros, I'm enjoying seeing him working his magic for a team I'm pulling for. Second-oldest guy in the league (Steve Nash's the oldest), almost Jack Benny's age, Ray is one cool cat. Love LeBron's enthusiasm at the end of this vid.

Fireball Jr. said:
After years of watching Ray Allen go off against teams I root for in college and the pros, I'm enjoying seeing him working his magic for a team I'm pulling for. Second-oldest guy in the league (Steve Nash's the oldest), almost Jack Benny's age, Ray is one cool cat. Love LeBron's enthusiasm at the end of this vid. Facebook Video

It's why his huge shot last year wasn't surprising. People say that it was difficult. It was huge pressure, but Ray makes that corner three all day long.

It's why his huge shot last year wasn't surprising. People say that it was difficult. It was huge pressure, but Ray makes that corner three all day long.

Yeah he makes the corner 3, but that was one of the most difficult shots I've seen. It wasnt like he was spotting up, he was floating back to the corner, had to get his feet set, behind the line, and drill the 3. Pretty incredible.

And Bosh always gets forgotten on that play; great hustle to keep it alive

Yeah he makes the corner 3, but that was one of the most difficult shots I've seen. It wasnt like he was spotting up, he was floating back to the corner, had to get his feet set, behind the line, and drill the 3. Pretty incredible.

And Bosh always gets forgotten on that play; great hustle to keep it alive
Bosh, Allen and Manu really did a great job keeping the Heat alive that game.

Knicks411 said:
Yeah he makes the corner 3, but that was one of the most difficult shots I've seen. It wasnt like he was spotting up, he was floating back to the corner, had to get his feet set, behind the line, and drill the 3. Pretty incredible. And Bosh always gets forgotten on that play; great hustle to keep it alive

It was definitely a tough shot. But, and this speaks to how great a shooter he is, that was exactly who you want taking that shot. They should put a repeating hologram of his shot in the HoF.

OttoinGrotto said:

I'm very surprise how well Manu is playing this year. Watching him turn the ball over, make bad choices, etc in that series made me think he was going to take a step back.

I guess that's what happens anytime you doubt the Spurs.

Until you said that I had forgotten how bad Manu was. You're totally right though, he was brutal. Like Mike said, you thought Manu might have been at the end of the line. So of course he's been awesome this year. Pop is a wizard.

It was definitely a tough shot. But, and this speaks to how great a shooter he is, that was exactly who you want taking that shot. They should put a repeating hologram of his shot in the HoF.

Of course, he's Ray Allen! I liked how last night Breen was talking about how they needed to name that spot on the floor after Allen and Van Gundy and Jackson were getting on his case. I also loved (as in I didn't) when Breen or Van Gundy made the suggestion of making the hockey assist a stat, and Jackson disagreed, talking about how it wouldn't be fair to all of the guys like Stockton, Magic, etc who had so many assists to then make it easier to get them. I assumed he really was talking about himself though.

Fireball Jr. said:
Stephenson clearly got in LeBron's head tonight. LBJ's a broken man.

Hate to see him unshaken.

To the NBA and Heat haters, how in the hell can you say your a basketball fan and not enjoy watching Lebron and the Heat. Bar none the best basketball I've ever seen.

To the NBA and Heat haters, how in the hell can you say your a basketball fan and not enjoy watching Lebron and the Heat. Bar none the best basketball I've ever seen.

I haven't heard Lebron hate in a while...but I have no doubt the haters will be out with a vengeance if/when Miami loses...even if it's in game seven in the finals.

I haven't heard Lebron hate in a while...but I have no doubt the haters will be out with a vengeance if/when Miami loses...even if it's in game seven in the finals.

Will be interesting to see if he's reached the point where he's allowed to lose or if a loss in the finals will render him a coward once again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom