NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

LOL. This game. Russ and PG13 are going to lose their minds. Utah doing a good job of making it chippy but not getting in trouble.

He's simply far too inefficient these days. His shooting is just bad.

He’s actually had a better than average season from 3, percentage wise and has made a career high in 3’s.

Problem is for a guy whose role is almost solely to be a spot up shooter from 3, he hasn’t been that great at it. 34-36% from 3 is fine...when you’re putting up 25, 7, and 3 and drawing doubles. But when you’re the spot up guy, 38-40% would be ideal. I do think Melo has the stroke for that, but he hasn’t done it.

It is a new role for him and that team’s offense is absolutely horrific. Has been since KD was there. There is just absolutely no flow to anything they do. I don’t know who deserves more blame, Russ or Billy D. It’s give the ball to the super athletic maniac, and whatever happens, happens. No real plan. It’s tough to play in a “system” like that - for everyone else. PG is nuts if he doesn’t bounce.

Should be pointed out that as poorly as Melo has shot the ball this series...he’s still shooting the ball better than Westbrook. 5 turnovers per game for Russ too. Your reigning MVP.

He’s actually had a better than average season from 3, percentage wise and has made a career high in 3’s.

Problem is for a guy whose role is almost solely to be a spot up shooter from 3, he hasn’t been that great at it. 34-36% from 3 is fine...when you’re putting up 25, 7, and 3 and drawing doubles. But when you’re the spot up guy, 38-40% would be ideal. I do think Melo has the stroke for that, but he hasn’t done it.

It is a new role for him and that team’s offense is absolutely horrific. Has been since KD was there. There is just absolutely no flow to anything they do. I don’t know who deserves more blame, Russ or Billy D. It’s give the ball to the super athletic maniac, and whatever happens, happens. No real plan. It’s tough to play in a “system” like that - for everyone else. PG is nuts if he doesn’t bounce.

Should be pointed out that as poorly as Melo has shot the ball this series...he’s still shooting the ball better than Westbrook. 5 turnovers per game for Russ too. Your reigning MVP.

Russ is just... I don't know. The guy is an unbelievably talented player, but I don't know if I'd want him on my team.

Melo's 2 point % has fallen off, down to about 44% after being in the 46-47% range for a while. He used to take 20-25% of his shots at the rim, he's down to 12% the last 2 years. Taking more 3's than ever. He needs to be knocking them down closer to 40% or so I would say.

Russ is selfish. Shows in his stat padding and his 4 fouls before half last night on rubio.

Look at me basketball. He can keep his mvp its the only trophy he’ll get.

Russ is selfish. Shows in his stat padding and his 4 fouls before half last night on rubio.

Look at me basketball. He can keep his mvp its the only trophy he’ll get.

He is what he is. I think, like Iverson, the only way to win with him is to surround him with elite defenders who don’t need the ball on offense and can handle going 3 minutes without a touch and can still bury an open 3.

I don’t know if it’s selfishness and I know the 10 assists per game is an impressive stat, but his passing ability doesn’t impress me. He’s good at finding Adams at the rim off the screen and role. But penetrating and finding shooters? I don’t see it. He usually sees it late, does the get in too deep jump pass too late kick out for a turnover thing that a 29 year old just should not be doing. I don’t think he sees the court particularly well. He gets a lot of assists, but he’s always got the ball.

Russ is just... I don't know. The guy is an unbelievably talented player, but I don't know if I'd want him on my team.

Melo's 2 point % has fallen off, down to about 44% after being in the 46-47% range for a while. He used to take 20-25% of his shots at the rim, he's down to 12% the last 2 years. Taking more 3's than ever. He needs to be knocking them down closer to 40% or so I would say.

A Russ type player would drive me absolutely batty in a pickup run. Fair or not, I often use that as a type of test for PG’s. If someone plays exactly like this guy(just crank the athleticism and skill level way down to normal guy level and not NBA level) would I want to be on his team? The answer with Russ is “no way”. That’s hard to play with.

A Russ type player would drive me absolutely batty in a pickup run. Fair or not, I often use that as a type of test for PG’s. If someone plays exactly like this guy(just crank the athleticism and skill level way down to normal guy level and not NBA level) would I want to be on his team? The answer with Russ is “no way”. That’s hard to play with.

I've made this point before, but i don't think it's a complete coincidence Oladipo left the Thunder and became a stud, like, immediately.

I thought Utah had a chance because they might be the better “team”, even though OKC has better players but maaaannnn, Utah might just have better players too.

In this series, Mitchell/Ingles/Rubio/Gobert >>> Westbrook/George/Melo/Adams.

I thought Utah had a chance because they might be the better “team”, even though OKC has better players but maaaannnn, Utah might just have better players too.

I might be wrong, but I think since Gobert returned, Utah has the best or second best record in the league.

I might be wrong, but I think since Gobert returned, Utah has the best or second best record in the league.

Including the playoffs, they are 33-9 since he came back. Basketball ref isn't letting me combine playoff and regular season games, but in the 38 regular season games after he came back, they were 30-8 with a net rating of +10.7. Their defensive rating was 100.4, for some perspective, for the entire season, the Jazz and the Celtics tied for the league lead in defensive rating at 103.9. Their offensive rating was 111.4, which would've been 7th in the league.

And you didn't even mention Favors.

Smart’s back.

Tempers Are going to flare big time tonight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors