NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

they were 2-5 in their last 7. I pointed out two winnable games amongst others. nice job.

You wonder why people give you so much grief and can’t stand your posts. You make posts that always include some snarky hot take with no context whatsoever.

Great game Celtics. This series is going to be tough for Cleveland to win.

Things getting so chippy all but ensures that the officiating pendulum will swing 100% the opposite way for games 3 and 4.

Smart needs to quit being such a hot head and recognize that he's playing for a trip to the finals.

Things getting so chippy all but ensures that the officiating pendulum will swing 100% the opposite way for games 3 and 4.

Smart needs to quit being such a hot head and recognize that he's playing for a trip to the finals.
it would seem that this will be a 2-2 series after "home court" advantages.

He didn’t cause Isaiah Thomas to be a bust. They pretty much gave Irving for nothing.
irving wanted out because he hated LeBron. everyone knew that Thomas wasn't good.

I don’t think Lebron wins a title the rest of his career without getting very lucky, but i gotta imagine at some point he thinks to himself: “these dudes are missing their top 2 players, I’m as good as I’ve ever been, and we still can’t compete? Do I really wanna be here?”

I don’t think Lebron wins a title the rest of his career without getting very lucky, but i gotta imagine at some point he thinks to himself: “these dudes are missing their top 2 players, I’m as good as I’ve ever been, and we still can’t compete? Do I really wanna be here?”

I think that is downplaying how good Boston is, they are clearly the best team in the east, probably even without their two best players.

He didn’t cause Isaiah Thomas to be a bust. They pretty much gave Irving for nothing.
LeBron the GM built a team that Irving knew he wanted no part of when LeBron inevitably left. Irving saw what was coming and decided the remainder of his career was worth more than having one more season with LeBron.

irving wanted out because he hated LeBron. everyone knew that Thomas wasn't good.
That latter part definitely isn’t true. It wasn’t considered crazy to think Isaiah was on par with Kyrie at the time.

LeBron the GM built a team that Irving knew he wanted no part of when LeBron inevitably left. Irving saw what was coming and decided the remainder of his career was worth more than having one more season with LeBron.

And that’s fine, but at the end of the day they lost a top 10 player and as of now, a top 100 player was never received for him.

He was thinking that well before these playoffs.

I think that is downplaying how good Boston is, they are clearly the best team in the east, probably even without their two best players.

Haywood missed the entire year -- think about that for a second, he suffered that gruesome injury in the first game.

Rozier -- who up to this point has basically been bench depth -- has really helped offset Kyrie's unavialability. Which can't be overstated.

I don’t think that changes the fact that Lebron has to question at some point whether it’s worth staying in Cleveland (even if I don’t think the other opportunities out there are significantly better).

That latter part definitely isn’t true. It wasn’t considered crazy to think Isaiah was on par with Kyrie at the time.
so you think that someone in the NBA thought that Isaiah Thomas was in the same league as number one overall draft pick kyrie irving? no one thought that ever. no one thinks that or ever thought that. kyrie is in the discussion with curry as great players. Thomas is a dude off the street.

And that’s fine, but at the end of the day they lost a top 10 player and as of now, a top 100 player was never received for him.
Look at how poorly they've incorporated talent:

They did nothing with Crowder before shipping him out, and he magically became pretty useful with the Jazz.

Nance is parked on the bench.

Hood was averaging 15 a game or something and they do nothing with him.

Clarkson... who knows.

George Hill is George Hill.

IT seemed alienated from the jump.

You wonder why people give you so much grief and can’t stand your posts. You make posts that always include some snarky hot take with no context whatsoever.

Great game Celtics. This series is going to be tough for Cleveland to win.
how is pointing out the record of the team a snarky hot take? they weren't good

so you think that someone in the NBA thought that Isaiah Thomas was in the same league as number one overall draft pick kyrie irving? no one thought that ever. no one thinks that or ever thought that. kyrie is in the discussion with curry as great players. Thomas is a dude off the street.

Yes people absolutely thought it. Isaiah finished in the top 5 or 6 of MVP voting the prior year. He was absolutely considered on the same tier as Kyrie in the short term.

Yes people absolutely thought it. Isaiah finished in the top 5 or 6 of MVP voting the prior year. He was absolutely considered on the same tier as Kyrie in the short term.
i'm not sure how else to reply to this, but no one alive or dead who has any respect in basketball has ever stated that Isaiah Thomas is anywhere near as good as kyrie irving. find it for me because it is insane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom