NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Yes people absolutely thought it. Isaiah finished in the top 5 or 6 of MVP voting the prior year. He was absolutely considered on the same tier as Kyrie in the short term.
Isaiah Thomas made 2nd team all NBA. I think Kyrie Irving has only ever made 3rd team all NBA, for whatever that's worth.

You post so much snark you can’t even find your snark.

About as dumb a take as saying Isaiah wasn’t good when he averaged 29 a game last year.
I didn't say he wasn't good, I said he isn't as good as kyrie.

So is anybody else convinced that Uncle Drew is going to be terrible, but is still pretty sure they'll go see it and love every minute of it?

it would seem that this will be a 2-2 series after "home court" advantages.
That's what was said about the Philly series as well. Not so fast laddie.

I don’t think Lebron wins a title the rest of his career without getting very lucky, but i gotta imagine at some point he thinks to himself: “these dudes are missing their top 2 players, I’m as good as I’ve ever been, and we still can’t compete? Do I really wanna be here?”
I thought it looked that way for him tonight. He's already packing his bags

LeBron to Houston could happen if the Celtics beat the Cavs.
As the number 8 pick isn’t keeping LeBron.

One thought I had last night: how bad does this make the Raps look?

Think about Cleveland's season; mediocre doing the regular season, fair enough, integrating new players, everyone "knows" they're going to turn it on int he playoffs.

Round 1; Indy takes them to the brink in Game 7. Cleveland won their 4 games by a combined total of 14 points. Indy won 2 of their 3 games by more than that.
Round 2: They sweep Toronto, two close games, two blowouts.
Round 3: Lost twice by double digits, Boston has been the better team in what, 6 of the 8 quarters?

Think about Cleveland's season; mediocre doing the regular season, fair enough, integrating new players, everyone "knows" they're going to turn it on int he playoffs.

Round 1; Indy takes them to the brink in Game 7. Cleveland won their 4 games by a combined total of 14 points. Indy won 2 of their 3 games by more than that.
Round 3: Lost twice by double digits, Boston has been the better team in what, 6 of the 8 quarters?
Yeah, things fell apart fast for the Raptors. They had game one and completely collapsed and just didn't recover from that.

Weird.

Yeah, things fell apart fast for the Raptors. They had game one and completely collapsed and just didn't recover from that.

Weird.

Gotta think Cleveland is in their head

On a related note, seeing the way Boston has handled Philly and Cleveland to this point makes me feel pretty good about the Bucks considering the fight they put up against Boston.

On a related note, seeing the way Boston has handled Philly and Cleveland to this point makes me feel pretty good about the Bucks considering the fight they put up against Boston.
The Bucks are a big man away from being terrifying

Gotta think Cleveland is in their head
I almost say you keep that team as is (obviously the coach was canned) because Cleveland won't be Cleveland next season.

The hater in me is curious to see if Lebron mails it in the rest of this series.

I almost say you keep that team as is (obviously the coach was canned) because Cleveland won't be Cleveland next season.

The hater in me is curious to see if Lebron mails it in the rest of this series.

Someone, maybe Zach lowe, was kinda saying that. Basically wait to see if Lebron bolts to decide what to do with Casey. I guess the problem with that is if Lebron does leave and you want to fire Casey, a lot of the good candidates may be off the board.

Does anybody watch these boring debacles? I’d rather just read a quick article or bottom line on a TV. Takes a couple of seconds, boom, done.

recorded it while having dinner, fast forwarded to the announcement part

I don't. He's the coach/GM of this squad, unlike 2007.

So what? The players still have to do better. I mean the Cavs guards were outscored like 46-6 or something like that last night by the BOS guards. That is CRAZY! It’s not like he wanted Kyrie out of CLE as well. Kyrie didn’t want to play second fiddle.

The Bucks are a big man away from being terrifying

Yeah. It's going to be an interesting offseason though. I know a lot of Bucks fans are desperate to get rid of both Bledsoe and Jabari already and I think they're likely to come out on the losing end in any deal involving those two but we'll see. Obviously it all centers around Giannis. I'm curious to see if they basically stick with what they have and continue trying to develop guys like Thon, Brogdon, rehab Jabari, etc., or if they push some of those chips in and try to acquire a second star.

So what? The players still have to do better. I mean the Cavs guards were outscored like 46-6 or something like that last night by the BOS guards. That is CRAZY! It’s not like he wanted Kyrie out of CLE as well. Kyrie didn’t want to play second fiddle.

I don't think it was that simple for Kyrie. He saw the lack of talent that LeBron was acquiring for the team (or directing...) and realized when Bron leaves this team there will be no chance for them to be competitive anymore. Kyrie and Love aren't enough to fix what ails that squad.

I don't think it was that simple for Kyrie. He saw the lack of talent that LeBron was acquiring for the team (or directing...) and realized when Bron leaves this team there will be no chance for them to be competitive anymore. Kyrie and Love aren't enough to fix what ails that squad.

Maybe. We can agree to disagree I suppose. I don’t think Kyrie is/was thinking THAT far ahead. Kyrie/Love/LeBron/ and guys like Korver is still enough to do a lot of damage in the postseason.

Kyrie wanted out because he knew LeBron was leaving and he didn’t want to get stuck with the leftover roster.

If LeBron wasn’t leaving Cleveland Kyrie doesn’t demand a trade.

7BA38F2A-C8F6-4CC7-83AF-8316509C23DA.jpeg
Kyrie wanted out because he knew LeBron was leaving and he didn’t want to get stuck with the leftover roster.

If LeBron wasn’t leaving Cleveland Kyrie doesn’t demand a trade.

Yeah, that’s it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom