NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

So as it stands, the Cavs return package for Irving is Jordan Clarkson, half a season of Rodney Hood, Larry Nance , Ante Zizic and a No. 8 pick.

Even if all the trade did was weaken Cleveland for Boston that is a win for Danny Ainge.

Eh I think they’re headed in the right direction. Him, Fox, Buddy, Bogdan, and WCS is a solid young nucleus
The only thing talent struggles to overcome is a poor ownership/front office.

Eh I think they’re headed in the right direction. Him, Fox, Buddy, Bogdan, and WCS is a solid young nucleus
The problem for them is the West is loaded.
Golden State
Houston
Minnesota
Utah
San Antonio
Portland
New Orleans
Oklahoma City
Denver
Upcoming LA Lakers
Solid LA Clippers

That leaves Sacramento, Memphis, Phoenix, Dallas in a bind.
These teams are stuck.

I will be league passing the Kings next year since the Celtics have their pick. I would love Doncic to get drafted there and then decide to stay in Europe another year.

DdXCKjmX4AAkyLF.jpg:large

Who do you think will win and who do you think should win?
Harden will win/Harden should win
Gordon or Williams/don't care
Oladipo/Oladipo or Capela
Simmons/Mitchell
Gobert/Gobert
Stevens/toughest one-all 3 have reasons they could win

MVP should be LeBron
Will be harden

6th man should and will be
Van Vleet

Most improved should and will be
Oladipo

Rookie of Year should be Mitchell
Will be Simmons

DPOY of the year will and should be Gobert

Coach of the Year will be Casey
Should be Stevens.

The problem for them is the West is loaded.
Golden State
Houston
Minnesota
Utah
San Antonio
Portland
New Orleans
Oklahoma City
Denver
Upcoming LA Lakers
Solid LA Clippers

That leaves Sacramento, Memphis, Phoenix, Dallas in a bind.
These teams are stuck.

I will be league passing the Kings next year since the Celtics have their pick. I would love Doncic to get drafted there and then decide to stay in Europe another year.

Yeah, that’s definitely true. Could look like a different conference if things go crazy this offseason though. In the West alone, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Cousins, Kawhi, Paul George, McCollum/Lillard, Wiggins could all move to new teams. And who knows if Lebron considers Houston or LA as potential landing spots, those teams would probably make moves too.

I expect the Kings to remain one of the worst teams in the league next season but I do think they have enough talent in place for Doncic to have success.

MVP: Harden
ROY: Simmons
6th Man: Lou Will
DPOY: Gobert (this is the toughest one IMO)
MIP: Oladipo
COY: Snyder (would be my choice but I think it goes to Stevens)

I don’t think MVP, 6th Man, or MIP will be remotely close to be honest.

Edit: Actually, I take that back regarding 6th Man. I think Lou could actually win that one. Van Vleet is a distant 3rd though.

Edit x2: it. I’m gonna change my pick to Lou Will.

Last edited:
Rockets didn’t play the Harden pounds the ball for 16-20 seconds ISO ball game tonight.
They moved the ball and the role players stepped up.
This could actually be a 6 game series.
Steph Curry doesn’t look completely healthy from his injury he came back
From.

Last edited:
MVP should be LeBron
Will be harden

6th man should and will be
Van Vleet

Most improved should and will be
Oladipo

Rookie of Year should be Mitchell
Will be Simmons

DPOY of the year will and should be Gobert

Coach of the Year will be Casey
Should be Stevens.

You know what's funny about the COY thing (aside from the Raps twitter account tweeting about "congrats coach" when Casey was listed as a finalist for COY) is that the award is based purely on the regular season; is Stevens' regular season case that much better than Casey's? Toronto won 4 more games than Boston, Boston had Irving for most of the year, Horford is an all star, two top 3 picks, etc.

I'm not saying it's hands down Casey (but I bet he wins, which will be funny) but more that the playoffs is making it look like Stevens is the obvious choice (and to be clear I think Stevens is probably the best coach in the league, him or Pop probably) when based on the regular season (which is when the voting is done) it's somewhat close.

You know what's funny about the COY thing (aside from the Raps twitter account tweeting about "congrats coach" when Casey was listed as a finalist for COY) is that the award is based purely on the regular season; is Stevens' regular season case that much better than Casey's? Toronto won 4 more games than Boston, Boston had Irving for most of the year, Horford is an all star, two top 3 picks, etc.

I'm not saying it's hands down Casey (but I bet he wins, which will be funny) but more that the playoffs is making it look like Stevens is the obvious choice (and to be clear I think Stevens is probably the best coach in the league, him or Pop probably) when based on the regular season (which is when the voting is done) it's somewhat close.
Brad Stevens coached a team that only had 4 players from last year on the roster. That is ridiculous roster turnover.

He took that roster and won more games than last year and did so while losing Hayward 5 minutes into the season.

Boston after losing Hayward wasn’t expected to go 55-27. Also the 4 game difference is irrelevant as the Celtics dropped some games late because they had the 2 seed locked up and were trying to get Rozier healthy. They would have beaten the Hawks and Wizards if they were must win games.

Casey did a fine job but the fact is that team had injuries last year and was more healthy this year.

Brad Stevens coached a team that only had 4 players from last year on the roster. That is ridiculous roster turnover.

He took that roster and won more games than last year and did so while losing Hayward 5 minutes into the season.

Boston after losing Hayward wasn’t expected to go 55-27. Also the 4 game difference is irrelevant as the Celtics dropped some games late because they had the 2 seed locked up and were trying to get Rozier healthy. They would have beaten the Hawks and Wizards if they were must win games.

Casey did a fine job but the fact is that team had injuries last year and was more healthy this year.

Understood, again, my point is more that the playoffs, which aren't part of the voting period, are making the difference look massive when based on the regular season I don't think it really is.

They're pretty excited about Harry Giles as well. Good coach - I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak in or barely miss the playoffs next year.

I keep hearing about all this talent Jason Kidd was holding back. Now that the worst coach ever has been removed and the latest genius has taken over, they should be elite right away.

55 wins and conference finals minimum should be the expectation based on how people are talking about these coaches.

Kidd wasn't nearly the worst coach ever. He was actually really good for developing the young guys. He's just more of like a Scott Brooks type coach; he's the guy that can help coach a team up but probably isn't good enough to get them to the next level. Hopefully Bud will be that guy. The Bucks are still a flawed team, but they certainly should have been better than a .500 team, which is what they were with Kidd.

Bucks fans hated both the offensive and defensive scheme that Kidd was running.

I honestly think that Snyder should win. Utah wasn't even expected to be a playoff team this year, was missing Gobert for over 1/3 of the season, and managed to win home court advantage in the West with a fringe lottery pick, Joe Ingles, and Ricky Rubio leading the team in minutes.

Indiana overachieved more than Utah.
Utah O/U wins was 38.5
Indiana O/U wins was 30.5

Both teams went 48-34.
Snyder did a good job but President Stevens has done a better job.

Lebron
Mitchell
Lou Will
Oladipo
Gobert
Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics