NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

The traditional positions aren't real anymore. Doncic can play PG on offense.

You worry about assignments on defense as they come. Jackson should develop to being able to defend the best offensive player 1-3 on the team they are playing.

I don't really care what position you're technically playing, but somebody has to be able to defend PGs. Doncic and Booker don't have a chance in hell of that. I don't really see Jackson being able to do it either; maybe in a pinch if he gets switched onto a PG but I think they'll be carved up if that's who he's primarily defending every game.

In Utah, he was essentially identical to the player he was in Indy a couple years prior and his metrics during his 5 seasons in Indy were nearly identical to his half a year with Utah. Hill's proven himself to be a good player with 4 or 5 different teams now.
He was much better in Utah than anyone expected.

He was much better in Utah than anyone expected.

It really shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone. He averaged 17 and 4 for the Jazz on good efficiency after averaging 16 and 5 on good efficiency 2 years before that. He took a slight step back in between but he's been basically the same exact player for the past 7 or 8 years.

Seems to me that Hill is just someone that's constantly underrated.

Thing is, there is significant evidence that even bigs that are going to be mediocre defenders (at best) in the NBA, are usually very good defenders in college. Biggest example of late is KAT.

Ayton is not only bad at defense, his motor is just on/off for even trying. If you have a big that can't defend the rim, you don't have someone you can play in the playoffs.

Here's one blunt instrument way of looking at that:

Ayton averaged 2.3 blocks per 40 in college. KAT was at 4.3 Pretty big difference. Anthony Davis, btw, was 5.8.

Here's one blunt instrument way of looking at that:

Ayton averaged 2.3 blocks per 40 in college. KAT was at 4.3 Pretty big difference. Anthony Davis, btw, was 5.8.
Ayton is the second coming of Enes Kanter.

Funniest thing is Jay Bilas whom I used to think was good but has become too big in his own mind compared Ayton to Wilt Chamberlain.

Jesus did he really?? he had Doncic 4th, which is...interesting.

Ayton is the second coming of Enes Kanter.

I wonder what kind of #'s Kanter would've put up had he played in college

Funniest thing is Jay Bilas whom I used to think was good but has become too big in his own mind compared Ayton to Wilt Chamberlain.

He also has Doncic as like the #4 or 5 prospect :rolleyes:

I live in a world where one of the top coaches in the NBA is Quinn Snyder.

I live in a world where one of the top coaches in the NBA is Quinn Snyder.
kzZ7sUd.gif

quin-smiley.gif

Kings should just pick him anyway, right? They'd still have his draft rights.
They would have his rights but like Fran Vazquez and the Magic he could decide to never play in the NBA.

Sacramento needs to do its due diligence. If he pulls a Steve Francis he actually has leverage unlike Francis and Bagley could be a lesser pain in the butt consolation price.

They would have his rights but like Fran Vazquez and the Magic he could decide to never play in the NBA.

Sacramento needs to do its due diligence. If he pulls a Steve Francis he actually has leverage unlike Francis and Bagley could be a lesser pain in the butt consolation price.

Fran Vazquez, what a blast from the past.

I think the play should be pick him; worst case is you trade him, there would be a ton of interest in him. Maybe they could even get their first rounder that's due to the Celtics back!

Fran Vazquez, what a blast from the past.

I think the play should be pick him; worst case is you trade him, there would be a ton of interest in him. Maybe they could even get their first rounder that's due to the Celtics back!
If your Philadelphia do you offer Fultz and the 10th pick for 2 if Doncic won’t play for them.
Does that get it done?

Maybe the 76ers flip that for Kawhi.

John Gambadoro (pretty highly regarded Suns reporter) says that he's 100% certain they're taking Ayton.

If your Philadelphia do you offer Fultz and the 10th pick for 2 if Doncic won’t play for them.
Does that get it done?

Maybe the 76ers flip that for Kawhi.

I would do that in a second of I'm Philly. i think Doncic is going to be a huge star

The NBA better not assign Scott Foster to game 3 of Boston-Cleveland or the game won’t be necessary to watch.

Still early, but so far, the 40+ inch vert club is:
Anfernee Simons
Trevon Duval
Grayson Allen
Hamidou Diallo

Apparently Grayson is killing it

He's a really good basketball player. It's a shame he's so unsportsmanlike. Main question with him is his lateral quickness; it's never looked good on film at least.

He's a really good basketball player. It's a shame he's so unsportsmanlike. Main question with him is his lateral quickness; it's never looked good on film at least.

Had one of the best lane agility times ever. Apparently Huerter and Divencenzo look really good in scrimmages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom