NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

I honestly think that Snyder should win. Utah wasn't even expected to be a playoff team this year, was missing Gobert for over 1/3 of the season, and managed to win home court advantage in the West with a fringe lottery pick, Joe Ingles, and Ricky Rubio leading the team in minutes.

Snyder is another good one; it just goes to show how much the playoffs are driving the narrative here

Indiana overachieved more than Utah.
Utah O/U wins was 38.5
Indiana O/U wins was 30.5

Both teams went 48-34.
Snyder did a good job but President Stevens has done a better job.

We'll have to agree to disagree re: Snyder vs. Stevens.

McMillan is also a deserving candidate and in other years, he would have at least been a finalist if not the favorite.

Id follow stevens to the gates of hell

Snyder is another good one; it just goes to show how much the playoffs are driving the narrative here
It's the system. George Hill and Rodney Hood were both very productive members on the Jazz. They leave Utah and their numbers drop big.

McMillan is a tough omission. I thought Indiana would be one of the worst teams in the East, and I don’t think I’m alone.

Yeah, I don't think anyone really thought Oladipo was going to be a star all of a sudden. Hard to say how much of that is McMillan versus just Oladipo honing his craft but that obviously changed everything for them.

It's the system. George Hill and Rodney Hood were both very productive members on the Jazz. They leave Utah and their numbers drop big.

Hill's been good for every team he's played for at this point. He wasn't bad for Cleveland this year either. His 3 point shot just hasn't been dropping in the playoffs. Definitely agree re: Hood though.

Jonathan Givony planting the seed that Luka Doncic could potentially just sign an extension in Europe if he doesn't want to play for the Kings. Also says that Michael Porter could go anywhere from top 5 to late lottery.

Hill's been good for every team he's played for at this point. He wasn't bad for Cleveland this year either. His 3 point shot just hasn't been dropping in the playoffs. Definitely agree re: Hood though.
George Hill had career highs in ppg and other categories for Utah last year. Dropped off considerably this year.
George Hill

Jonathan Givony planting the seed that Luka Doncic could potentially just sign an extension in Europe if he doesn't want to play for the Kings. Also says that Michael Porter could go anywhere from top 5 to late lottery.
This is what I think could happen unless Vlade can sell Doncic on Sacramento.
Not saying he won’t play but he will use leverage to avoid that dumpster fire.
Ricky Rubio stayed an extra year.

MVP: Harden
ROY: Simmons
6th Man: Lou Will
DPOY: Gobert (this is the toughest one IMO)
MIP: Oladipo
COY: Snyder (would be my choice but I think it goes to Stevens)

I don’t think MVP, 6th Man, or MIP will be remotely close to be honest.

Edit: Actually, I take that back regarding 6th Man. I think Lou could actually win that one. Van Vleet is a distant 3rd though.

Edit x2: it. I’m gonna change my pick to Lou Will.

My picks:

MVP: Bron
ROY: Mitchell
6th Man: FVV
DPOY: Gobert
MIP: Oladipo
COY: Snyder

This is what I think could happen unless Vlade can sell Doncic on Sacramento.
Not saying he won’t play but he will use leverage to avoid that dumpster fire.
Ricky Rubio stayed an extra year.

PHX has to take Doncic. And, if I'm Devin Booker, I'm telling management to take him if you want me to stick around for the long haul.

Brad Stevens made Evan Turner 70 million with Trailblazers.
Same for Kelly Olynyk 50 million with the Heat.
Stevens system is ridlicious.
Also the development of Jaylen Brown in year 2 and Jayson Tatum as a rookie.

Snyder has a done a good job.
Crowder was a stud with Stevens was a bum with Cleveland and to his credit Snyder made him a stud again.

PHX has to take Doncic. And, if I'm Devin Booker, I'm telling management to take him if you want me to stick around for the long haul.
Really?
I know people kill Ayton’s D but the guy is only 19 and isn’t that bad.
College coaching sucks in development for the NBA see Rick Pitino having Terry Rozier and Donovan Mitchell as starters and neither looking as good in college as they have in the NBA with pro coaching.

You may be right but I think Ayton is the pick for the Suns.

Brad Stevens made Evan Turner 70 million with Trailblazers.
Same for Kelly Olynyk 50 million with the Heat.
Stevens system is ridlicious.
Also the development of Jaylen Brown in year 2 and Jayson Tatum as a rookie.

Snyder has a done a good job.
Crowded was a stud with Stevens was a bum with Cleveland and to his credit Snyder made him a stud again.

Brown, to me, is the young guy that you can map to becoming Kawhi 2.0.

Really?
I know people kill Ayton’s D but the guy is only 19 and isn’t that bad.
College coaching sucks in development for the NBA see Rick Pitino having Terry Rozier and Donovan Mitchell as starters and neither looking as good in college as they have in the NBA with pro coaching.

You may be right but I think Ayton is the pick for the Suns.

Thing is, there is significant evidence that even bigs that are going to be mediocre defenders (at best) in the NBA, are usually very good defenders in college. Biggest example of late is KAT.

Ayton is not only bad at defense, his motor is just on/off for even trying. If you have a big that can't defend the rim, you don't have someone you can play in the playoffs.

George Hill had career highs in ppg and other categories for Utah last year. Dropped off considerably this year.
George Hill

In Utah, he was essentially identical to the player he was in Indy a couple years prior and his metrics during his 5 seasons in Indy were nearly identical to his half a year with Utah. Hill's proven himself to be a good player with 4 or 5 different teams now.

I kinda like the plan of Phoenix taking Doncic at one and throwing a bunch of money at Capela to get him off the Rockets.

They'd get really interesting really fast.

The only thing with that is where do you play them? Doncic, Booker, and Jackson are all SG/SFs. It'll be a disaster defensively trying to put one of those guys on PGs. I love Doncic and I think he fits like a glove offensively, but it'll be really awkward on the defensive end unless they move Booker or Jackson for a different player.

I kinda like the plan of Phoenix taking Doncic at one and throwing a bunch of money at Capela to get him off the Rockets.

They'd get really interesting really fast.

100% would be my plan.

PHX also has picks 16 and 31. They can make a HUGE leap.

The only thing with that is where do you play them? Doncic, Booker, and Jackson are all SG/SFs. It'll be a disaster defensively trying to put one of those guys on PGs. I love Doncic and I think he fits like a glove offensively, but it'll be really awkward on the defensive end unless they move Booker or Jackson for a different player.

The traditional positions aren't real anymore. Doncic can play PG on offense.

You worry about assignments on defense as they come. Jackson should develop to being able to defend the best offensive player 1-3 on the team they are playing.

25 points 8 boards 3 assists vs UB

14 points 13 boards 1 assist vs UB

One’s a freshman who helped win the game.

The other’s a freshman who’s ultimately lackluster effort contributed to an embarrassing loss.

Not that I think player A’s necesarilly better than B. Just always something that stood out to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom