NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Giving him five would go against everything Morey stands for, imo.

If they go more than three, I'd laugh hysterically. That would be giving themselves a poison pill.

I hear you, I just wonder how much some of that stuff is already discussed. Like, he opts in and gets the Clippers to trade him to Houston, I wouldn't be surprised if they off the record agreed to some kind of a contract. Or Lebron says I'm only playing for Houston if you take care of CP.

Paul is eligible to sign 5/205. man. thats a lot of $

I hear you, I just wonder how much some of that stuff is already discussed. Like, he opts in and gets the Clippers to trade him to Houston, I wouldn't be surprised if they off the record agreed to some kind of a contract. Or Lebron says I'm only playing for Houston if you take care of CP.

I mean, the alternative is just saying, we'll lock you up for five, we want Bron to commit (under the table even) for five more years and obviously Harden. We ride this and see what happens. And just live with it. I mean, they are likely in the WCF each year, at the worst.

No way Morey gives him the full five years (is it five he can get or four?).

I can see a 3 year extension. Lowe and Simmons were talking about this on their latest podcast.
Paul can’t stay healthy and isn’t close to his prime. No way he gets more than 3 years. Morey isn’t a moron.

Chris Paul isn’t a top 5 PG anymore and they really didn’t overpay to acquire him they have more leverage than Paul does. The only team with cap space that could interest Paul is the Lakers and if the Lakers sign LeBron and Paul as FAs they could trade Ingram and a contract for Paul George if he forced OKC into a sign and trade.

Paul isn’t getting 5-205.
He isn’t close to that type of player.

LeBron isn’t going to force Houston to overpay Paul. He did with JR Smith and Tristan because those guys are personally represented by his guy Rich Paul.

I can’t see LeBron going to Houston. They don’t have the assets to get Cleveland to help with a sign and trade and probably force them to renounce Capela as part of it.

Paul can’t stay healthy and isn’t close to his prime. No way he gets more than 3 years. Morey isn’t a moron.

Chris Paul isn’t a top 5 PG anymore and they really didn’t overpay to acquire him they have more leverage than Paul does. The only team with cap space that could interest Paul is the Lakers and if the Lakers sign LeBron and Paul as FAs they could trade Ingram and a contract for Paul George if he forced OKC into a sign and trade.

I think Paul is still a top 5 PG, unless he's totally fallen off the cliff these playoffs. He's still really great. (I'm not advocating for a 5 year deal, dont get me wrong) Guy averaged 21-9 per 36 with a 60% true shooting this season, and hes a beast on defense.

Well, will home court play out the rest of this series for Cleveland and Boston? As good as Boston is at home (2 games vs 1 road), there are a couple of things that could be a problem- 1. No way they win at cleveland based on what I have seen the last 2 games, 2. Against LeBron in a game 7? Yikes.

I think Paul is still a top 5 PG, unless he's totally fallen off the cliff these playoffs. He's still really great. (I'm not advocating for a 5 year deal, dont get me wrong) Guy averaged 21-9 per 36 with a 60% true shooting this season, and hes a beast on defense.
1. Steph
2. Westbrook
3. Wall
4. Kyle Lowry
5. Kyrie
6. Lillard
7. Paul
8. Kemba
9. Conley
10. Dragic

I feel Paul is below the top 6 and if Conley is healthy maybe him as well.

Well, will home court play out the rest of this series for Cleveland and Boston? As good as Boston is at home (2 games vs 1 road), there are a couple of things that could be a problem- 1. No way they win at cleveland based on what I have seen the last 2 games, 2. Against LeBron in a game 7? Yikes.
Boston will be better at home.
These games are mirror images of each other. Boston blew Cleveland out game 1 and Cleveland did it game 3. Game 2 Cleveland had more effort and then Boston pulled away. Game 4 Cleveland was comfortable the entire time but didn’t blow them out.

Boston will get better performances at home and unless you feel JR and Hill will play well on the road the Cavs role players will step back.

This is going 7.

1. Steph
2. Westbrook
3. Wall
4. Kyle Lowry
5. Kyrie
6. Lillard
7. Paul
8. Kemba
9. Conley
10. Dragic

I feel Paul is below the top 6 and if Conley is healthy maybe him as well.

I honestly think, like I said, assuming Paul hasn't fallen off a cliff, he's #2 for me. Guy is a killer on both ends of the court.

Boston will be better at home.
These games are mirror images of each other. Boston blew Cleveland out game 1 and Cleveland did it game 3. Game 2 Cleveland had more effort and then Boston pulled away. Game 4 Cleveland was comfortable the entire time but didn’t blow them out.

Boston will get better performances at home and unless you feel JR and Hill will play well on the road the Cavs role players will step back.

This is going 7.

I would be nervous if I was a Boston fan going into game 7 against Lebron James.

I would be nervous if I was a Boston fan going into game 7 against Lebron James.
Last time LeBron lost to Boston with Cleveland this happened.
hCdEUr.gif

He left.
In the LeBron Era really only Boston has been a legit East rival for him.

Oh cool n=2. But hey you're the Celtics fan.
Hey now you liked the guy who went after me after 2 games in TB-Wash.

I feel this Celtics postseason run in all gravy. I honestly didn’t expect to win a game in Cleveland. They lost 3 games at Milwaukee first round. I feel the Celtics are a young team that plays well at home because their 2 best players Kyrie and Hayward are out.
Next year is there year to be favorites. Barring LeBron to Philly I can say pretty confidently I feel the Celtics win the East next year.

Last edited:

Paul is still top 5 PG IMO. He’s still very, very good. There’s not 5 PG’s I’d rather have on my team in win now mode.

The problem will be the years/age.

I honestly think, like I said, assuming Paul hasn't fallen off a cliff, he's #2 for me. Guy is a killer on both ends of the court.

Yup. Only PG I’d for sure rather have is Curry.

Westbrook I’d only want over him if the rest of the team was average/weak as CP3 can not carry the overall load that Russ does. But if you’ve got a KD...give me CP3 to run the show any day over Russ.

Wall, Kyrie, Lowry, Lillard... not seeing where they’ve surpassed CP3 in any way. Maybe Kyrie if you just need a guard to be an elite bucket getter as he’s proven he can do that when paired with LeBron.

Paul is still top 5 PG IMO. He’s still very, very good. There’s not 5 PG’s I’d rather have on my team in win now mode.

The problem will be the years/age.
I ranked him 7th so I am being a dink there really isn’t a difference between 5 and 7.

If he was a couple years younger I could see him 2nd. I just think C and PGs get worse with age a lot quicker than wing players.

Hey now you liked the guy who went after me after 2 games in TB-Wash.

I feel this Celtics postseason run in all gravy. I honestly didn’t expect to win a game in Cleveland. They lost 3 games at Milwaukee first round. I feel the Celtics are a young team that plays well at home because their 2 best players Kyrie and Hayward are out.
Next year is there year to be favorites. Barring LeBron to Philly I can say pretty confidently I feel the Celtics win the East next year.

Hahahaha nothing personal that dude was funny.

Probably not singing the same tune now though tbh.

I ranked him 7th so I am being a dink there really isn’t a difference between 5 and 7.

If he was a couple years younger I could see him 2nd. I just think C and PGs get worse with age a lot quicker than wing players.

Interesting, my gut kinda says its related to size. A 7 footer is always going to be 7 foot, but a short PG like Paul, if he loses some quickness he could be toast. (That also could be archaic thinking; in this current era, even the big men need to be able to move, so a big guy who loses a step or two could also be unplayable defensively, so I dunno) I believe shooting ages very well though.

So basically, i have nothing of substance to add

Unrelated to the CP3 debate, some of the other interesting tidbits from the Zach Lowe/Bill Simmons podcast:
  • They both think CJ McCollum will be dealt this offseason, which is super interesting to me (and long overdue IMO)
  • Lowe clarified that he doesn't personally foresee Towns being moved; that was all Windhorst. He thinks Wiggins is the one to go if anybody does.
  • Lowe mentioned that he doesn't think Ben Simmons would necessarily be happy if Lebron signs with Philly. He also agrees that there would definitely be fit issues and mentioned that Philly's front office has certainly considered the drama that follows Lebron (i.e. having to trade half the team this season because everyone hated each other).
  • Lowe says that the reports of Houston acquiring Lebron wouldn't be out there if Morey hadn't already figured out multiple ways to make it happen.
  • Lowe thinks Marcus Smart will return to Boston on a qualifying offer before hitting unrestricted free agency the following year and he agrees with Bill that Boston almost has to trade Rozier this offseason or he'll be stuck playing like 10 minutes a game. He thinks that Rozier + the Kings pick is too much to offer to Orlando for the #6 pick, but that perhaps the Grizzlies pick could be more balanced.

Unrelated to the CP3 debate, some of the other interesting tidbits from the Zach Lowe/Bill Simmons podcast:
  • They both think CJ McCollum will be dealt this offseason, which is super interesting to me (and long overdue IMO)
  • Lowe clarified that he doesn't personally foresee Towns being moved; that was all Windhorst. He thinks Wiggins is the one to go if anybody does.
  • Lowe mentioned that he doesn't think Ben Simmons would necessarily be happy if Lebron signs with Philly. He also agrees that there would definitely be fit issues and mentioned that Philly's front office has certainly considered the drama that follows Lebron (i.e. having to trade half the team this season because everyone hated each other).
  • Lowe says that the reports of Houston acquiring Lebron wouldn't be out there if Morey hadn't already figured out multiple ways to make it happen.
  • Lowe thinks Marcus Smart will return to Boston on a qualifying offer before hitting unrestricted free agency the following year and he agrees with Bill that Boston almost has to trade Rozier this offseason or he'll be stuck playing like 10 minutes a game. He thinks that Rozier + the Kings pick is too much to offer to Orlando for the #6 pick, but that perhaps the Grizzlies pick could be more balanced.
Ainge should offer Orlando Rozier, their own pick this year and maybe a future pick of his own, the Clippers pick in the next 2 years for 6.

Orlando needs a PG badly. Rozier isn’t a bum. He would go 5th or 6th if his draft was redrafted.

Pfft, I've been saying that Philly thing for months.

Pfft, I've been saying that Philly thing for months.

Same. I included that more because I think it's notable that someone as plugged in as Lowe agrees with what I thought to be common sense. He does say that ultimately, Philly would be happy to sign Lebron and figure out the issues after the fact, but that it's definitely not a perfect fit. I think he may have even said that they might prefer Paul George/Kawhi all things considered, which I also agree with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom