NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

The Warriors are ridiculously lucky a top 5 player in the league joined there team.
They made 2 finals before Durant but Cleveland in 2016 beat them.
With LeBron and Kyrie and 1 good game from Love.
They switched out of their biggest question mark Barnes for a top 20 alltime.

The Warriors aren’t a machine they are 2 super duper stars Steph and Durant and 1 more allstar Thompson and 3 good players around them /Iggy/Green/Livingston.

Durant joining that team is what has extended their life.

The Celtics have 19 and 20 year olds just tapping their potential.
Tatum can be a top 10 player in the league. Brown can be Thompson.
Kyrie is a top 5 PG, Hayward can be good. Horford can be their Green.

The Celtics barring major injury are going to be good for a while. I didn’t even mention Rozier, Smart, another future lottery pick from Sacramento they have. The Memphis pick which down the pipe is going to be a lottery pick.

Warriors aren’t going to dominate forever. They have competition coming. Both Philly and Boston.

Thoughts on the game tonight? Wasn't surprised at the outcome of game 3... the NBA is very predictable in that regard when one team gets home. The game will obviously be closer, but do you think the Celtics can take the W?

Thoughts on the game tonight? Wasn't surprised at the outcome of game 3... the NBA is very predictable in that regard when one team gets home. The game will obviously be closer, but do you think the Celtics can take the W?
Boston needs two of their big 4 to play well Rozier, Tatum, Brown, Horford.
Then Morris and Smart just give support.
They quit in game 3 once it was obvious Cleveland had effort. That was credit to Cleveland for bringing the effort. This will be like game 4 of the Milwaukee-Boston. The Celtics got hammered game 3 and came out slow in game 4 but it was a 3 Point game that either side could have won and it both sides made shots to flip the lead.
Boston can win this game but I still feel they will defend home court.
This could be a parallel to the 2008 Boston-Cleveland series where home court held every game.

Boston has the better team. Cleveland has LeBron.

Boston needs two of their big 4 to play well Rozier, Tatum, Brown, Horford.
Then Morris and Smart just give support.
They quit in game 3 once it was obvious Cleveland had effort. That was credit to Cleveland for bringing the effort. This will be like game 4 of the Milwaukee-Boston. The Celtics got hammered game 3 and came out slow in game 4 but it was a 3 Point game that either side could have won and it both sides made shots to flip the lead.
Boston can win this game but I still feel they will defend home court.
This could be a parallel to the 2008 Boston-Cleveland series where home court held every game.

Boston has the better team. Cleveland has LeBron.
Game 4 needs to be where Smart and Morris take Lebron’s support mentally out of the game. We win this game and i think its over in 5. We lose and I wouldnt be surprised if this is neck and neck at game 7

Its a shame that Stevens is going to leave the celtics for Cuse in 4 years

He’ll probably take the UConn assistant job with the hopes that he can be named “coach in waiting” and take over once Billy Donovan steps down.

While everyone is watching the playoffs, just remember that Trae Young likes the Knicks and the Knicks like him and apparently all Knicks fans are riding on Trae Young to be Steph 2.0 instead of a poor man's Dame.

Scott Foster with two cheap fouls on the Celtics already.
1 on Brown and 1 on Morris this guy is so sly about it.

Korver travels on those threes.
Only Rozier has played well this half.
Morris just made a couple shots.
Brown and Smart are killing the Celtics.
Tatum and Horford just haven’t taken good looks.
If the Celtics can keep this in the 8-12 range by halftime this could be a good.

Only Rozier has played well this half.
Morris just made a couple shots.
Brown and Smart are killing the Celtics.
Tatum and Horford just haven’t taken good looks.
If the Celtics can keep this in the 8-12 range by halftime this could be a good.
Rozier is too inconsistent with his three pointers. Jumps forward too much and he misses. Needs to work on just jumping up straight.

Not going to overreact to this game. If the Cavs win, just means they held home court. Obviously a young team like the Cs are going to perform better at home.

At worst after tonight this Cs team is in a best of three with home court advantage to go the Finals when no one expected. House money. Enjoy the ride.

Smart should take the rest of the night off
Brown and Smart were awful that half.
Korver owned Brown.
Celtics D is nonexistent. They need Baynes energy on the floor to match Thompson.
I would matchup Baynes with Thompson so Horford can play Love.
Play Baynes, Horford, Rozier, Tatum and rotate Morris/Brown.

I don't think that was an actual kickout.

Refs got this one tonight.

Bill Kennedy called an offensive foul I have never seen before and took a 3 off the board.
Unless he is trying to trip the guy how is that an offensive foul?

Of course he gets love to foul him just as I type this

Killer sequence for the Cs there. Had the break, got blocked and LBJ with the layup. Huge four point swing.

Tough.

One thing hard not to notice - the crowd is dead. Sitting on their hands for most of the game.

Sounds like the Spurs are going to offer Kawhi the supermax. Wondering if $219 million is enough to fix what's broke.

Sounds like the Spurs are going to offer Kawhi the supermax. Wondering if $219 million is enough to fix what's broke.
They were obviously going to offer him the super max if he takes it then he clearly was protecting himself this year.
I can’t see anybody turning down the extra 90 million he can get from the Spurs in income tax free Texas.

Lakers are the only team I can see being a threat to the Spurs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom