NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Your having a bad night when Scott Foster isn’t the roster ref in the game.
Bill Kennedy is awful.

They were obviously going to offer him the super max if he takes it then he clearly was protecting himself this year.
I can’t see anybody turning down the extra 90 million he can get from the Spurs in income tax free Texas.

Lakers are the only team I can see being a threat to the Spurs.

Yeah, I agree. I don't care how much his uncle wants him to go to LA or wherever else. Someone offers you $219 million guaranteed, you better have a real good reason to turn it down.

Yeah, I agree. I don't care how much his uncle wants him to go to LA or wherever else. Someone offers you $219 million guaranteed, you better have a real good reason to turn it down.
Think it's posturing by the Spurs?

Celtics lost this game in a 5 minute stretch in the first quarter.
Celtics should bounce back in game 5 with the home court and the crowd behind the role players.

Think it's posturing by the Spurs?

Nah. I think Kawhi and Pop have remained in contact (that's been reported). I think they feel he can be back to 100%. I think they know if Kawhi takes the $219, his uncle will be marginalized.

I don't think it's as easy as just having the offer, but you put Pop in a room with Kawhi, with a $219 million in hand, I think the issues can be fixed.

At some point, Kawhi has to be hearing his issues with his shoe contract aren't because he's in San Antonio, but because he doesn't want to talk in front of cameras. And the thing is, San Antonio does a good job of protecting its players versus if he goes to LA, he'll be hounded 100x worse than now.

Nah. I think Kawhi and Pop have remained in contact (that's been reported). I think they feel he can be back to 100%. I think they know if Kawhi takes the $219, his uncle will be marginalized.

I don't think it's as easy as just having the offer, but you put Pop in a room with Kawhi, with a $219 million in hand, I think the issues can be fixed.

At some point, Kawhi has to be hearing his issues with his shoe contract aren't because he's in San Antonio, but because he doesn't want to talk in front of cameras. And the thing is, San Antonio does a good job of protecting its players versus if he goes to LA, he'll be hounded 100x worse than now.
I will say this if Kawhi wants to win he won’t in San Antonio especially if he takes his well deserved super max.

It will kill the Spurs cap and the Spurs don’t have a Robin on the roster to be Kawhi’s partner. LaMarcus Aldridge isn’t that good anymore. He is 32 and getting older. His extension they overpaid 3 years 72 million at 32.

They have old vets thay are getting old Gasol, Gay, Parker, Ginobli.

I will say this if Kawhi wants to win he won’t in San Antonio especially if he takes his well deserved super max.

It will the Spurs cap and the Spurs don’t have a Robin on the roster to be Kawhi’s partner. LaMarcus Aldridge isn’t that good anymore. He is 32 and getting older.

They have old vets they are getting old Gasol, Gay.

Maybe. But just remember Pop will at least get a call with Bron and his team this summer. With Kawhi this year, they could have easily won at least 56-58 games, if not more.

Also, there aren't a ton of teams with cap space. The Lakers will look a lot less appealing if Bron isn't there. If it's just PG + the team they have, that team isn't going anywhere.

Every team is basically betting against GSW having an injury.

Maybe Bron going to Houston puts it up in the air, otherwise every team is in the same boat.

Bill Kennedy called an offensive foul I have never seen before and took a 3 off the board.
Unless he is trying to trip the guy how is that an offensive foul?

Perhaps it isn’t called as often as it should be, but it’s been called before and the replay from behind seemed to show Morris stick his right leg out and clip Love. It seems like the kick out is part of Morris’ normal mechanics but unfortunately in this case, he tripped Love while doing it.

Last edited:
Perhaps it isn’t called as often as it should be, but it’s been called before and the replay from behind seemed to show Morris stick his right leg out and clip Love. It seems like the kick out is part of Morris’ normal mechanics but unfortunately in this case, he tripped Love while doing it.

That wasn't a foul either. You can tell when a (former Duke) player does this. Neither the play last night, nor the clip you showed should ever be called offensive.

That wasn't a foul either. You can tell when a (former Duke) player does this. Neither the play last night, nor the clip you showed should ever be called offensive.

Given the degree of contact that occurred with last night's example in particular, I don't think it's really reasonable to expect the ref to not call anything, and it was Morris' leg that was the problem rather than Love. Whether or not it's technically the right call...I don't know. There's definitely room in the rulebook to interpret it as a correctly called offensive foul IMO.

Maybe. But just remember Pop will at least get a call with Bron and his team this summer. With Kawhi this year, they could have easily won at least 56-58 games, if not more.

Also, there aren't a ton of teams with cap space. The Lakers will look a lot less appealing if Bron isn't there. If it's just PG + the team they have, that team isn't going anywhere.

Every team is basically betting against GSW having an injury.

Maybe Bron going to Houston puts it up in the air, otherwise every team is in the same boat.

if Lebron goes to Houston will they get permission to play with two basketballs? How does that work?

Given the degree of contact that occurred with last night's example in particular, I don't think it's really reasonable to expect the ref to not call anything, and it was Morris' leg that was the problem rather than Love. Whether or not it's technically the right call...I don't know. There's definitely room in the rulebook to interpret it as a correctly called offensive foul IMO.
Degree of contact?

It was a crap call. Morris doesn’t see Love at all.
He can’t fall down?
It wasn’t like what Bruce Bowen did to injury people.

Degree of contact?

He can’t fall down?

Yes, there was a lot of contact, resulting in two players crashing to the ground pretty hard and I think people would be freaking out if it was a no-call.

Degree of contact?

He can’t fall down?

And as I said last night, Rozier typically jumps forward on his threes. Had Love tried the same thing with Rozier instead, there is no doubt it would have been a foul on Love. You have to allow a guy to land. Love didn't.

Had he nicked Morris' arm the same distance as Morris' foot, the foul is on Love. I can totally understand the need to call it on guys who clearly kick out to initiate the contact, but this wasn't that.

And as I said last night, Rozier typically jumps forward on his threes. Had Love tried the same thing with Rozier instead, there is no doubt it would have been a foul on Love. You have to allow a guy to land. Love didn't.

Had he nicked Morris' arm the same distance as Morris' foot, the foul is on Love. I can totally understand the need to call it on guys who clearly kick out to initiate the contact, but this wasn't that.

I think one of the main reasons it got called in this case (beyond the contact that occurred and the fact that Love wasn't really jumping towards Morris at all), compared to Rozier for example, is that Morris kicks one leg out significantly further than the other. Rozier jumps forwards, like many shooters (JJ Redick being a huge one that does it off the top of my head), but their whole bodies are going forwards and their legs are together. Morris just kicks one leg out to varying degrees.

if Lebron goes to Houston will they get permission to play with two basketballs? How does that work?

Bron does what Bron wants.

CP3 projects his anger onto some poor 12th man.

Harden parties way more and misses 7 games due to "dehydration".

Bron does what Bron wants.

CP3 projects his anger onto some poor 12th man.

Harden parties way more and misses 7 games due to "dehydration".
You forgot "D'Antoni becomes scapegoat/gets fired."

I don't have a dog in this fight but I'm happy to root against the diva otherwise known as LBJ.

I like LBJ, but I'll give you a like for holding the side to root against him.

CP and Lebron are pretty tight, but if you're Houston, you gotta wonder about giving Paul that max, right?

No way Morey gives him the full five years (is it five he can get or four?).

I can see a 3 year extension. Lowe and Simmons were talking about this on their latest podcast.

No way Morey gives him the full five years (is it five he can get or four?).

I can see a 3 year extension. Lowe and Simmons were talking about this on their latest podcast.

I refuse to listen to Simmons, at least while the Celtics are alive.

He can get 5, and he was head of the PA when they fought to get the rule removed that limits how long guys his age can sign for. So it could be very interesting

I refuse to listen to Simmons, at least while the Celtics are alive.

He can get 5, and he was head of the PA when they fought to get the rule removed that limits how long guys his age can sign for. So it could be very interesting

Giving him five would go against everything Morey stands for, imo.

If they go more than three, I'd laugh hysterically. That would be giving themselves a poison pill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom