NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Yeah, this is highly inappropriate.

I'm fine with soccer mom in a man's body, but goon has serious racial overtones that never should have survived this site for a good part of the weekend.

Huh? Has nothing to do with anything beyond him being like 6’6 280 or something.

In fact other than John Chaney using it, it’s a word that’s typically used in hockey.

James Harden missed 59 3’s in that series.

I know that’s how they play, but it looks absolutely absurd when they’re missing like that, and the raw counting stats are nuts to look at.

Yeah, this is highly inappropriate.

I'm fine with soccer mom in a man's body, but goon has serious racial overtones that never should have survived this site for a good part of the weekend.

I get it but I really don’t think he meant it that way.

I mean I would consider Grayson Allen, Jozsef Szendrei and our President to all be “goons.”

I know that’s how they play, but it looks absolutely absurd when they’re missing like that, and the raw counting stats are nuts to look at.

this is why Paul is important. He has the ability to reel in Harden when he starts going off the wagon and going full John Starks. They shot over 50 percent for the game from inside the arc..were very effective in both halves when attacking the rim..and just stopped doing it.

There's no question GSW are the better team, but they were off this series and were down 17 and 15 pts in elimination game. The Rocket's had it and let it slip away twice...

Huh? Has nothing to do with anything beyond him being like 6’6 280 or something.

In fact other than John Chaney using it, it’s a word that’s typically used in hockey.

Goon is a total hockey term. The only black NHL goons I can think of are Peter Worrel and Jorges Laraque.

Not a Harden fan but I don’t want to hear this when he’s going up against The Warriors featuring bitchass KD, minus CP3.

and if you were paying attention, you would see that KD wasn't doing much until his teammates primarily chopped into that deficit. THEN KD started going off.

LeBron proved why he is the MVP.
He dominated a game 7 on the road while James Harden turned into John Starks in game 7.
That was awful choke job by both home teams.

Nobody in their right mind would question who is the better player. Unfortunately the MVP is a regular season award that goes to the best player on the team having the best regular season. In reality, Harden should have won it last year too. It's got nothing to do with what you do in the playoffs.

If you look at D'Antoni teams series losses almost all of them come because he plays 7 guys and his teams get tired in the 2nd half/4th quarters. When your legs go you aren't making 3 pointers. That's what happened in this series.

that's an insane statistic.

so when GSW loses, they blow it..but houston, missing 27 in a row..shooting 7 for 44..many of them wide open looks...DIDNT blow it?

Oh, the shooting of the celtics and the rockets definitely killed each team, don't get me wrong. My point is, two of the games the Warriors lost were one possession games.

Pretty hard to argue the Rockets should have won the series when they were outscored by 63 points in 7 games. They were probably more lucky they extended it to 7 and Golden State choked down the stretch of games 4 and 5.

The video tape blurring lines were a really, really nice touch.
Not sure which part is my favorite.
The Kevin Love part where he looks like he belongs on a TGIF show in that photo shoot.
Klay Thompson missing a 360 dunk.
Ty Lue from the Lakers parade.
Steve Kerr and rubex cube I am smarter than you vibe or the nice cheap shot produced by Adam silver at the end.

If you look at D'Antoni teams series losses almost all of them come because he plays 7 guys and his teams get tired in the 2nd half/4th quarters. When your legs go you aren't making 3 pointers. That's what happened in this series.
I still don't forgive him for destroying Stoudemire's knees, and I'm not even a Knicks fan.

Not sure which part is my favorite.
The Kevin Love part where he looks like he belongs on a TGIF show in that photo shoot.
Klay Thompson missing a 360 dunk.
Ty Lue from the Lakers parade.
Steve Kerr and rubex cube I am smarter than you vibe or the nice cheap shot produced by Adam silver at the end.
There's a lot right happening in it, for sure.

Nobody in their right mind would question who is the better player. Unfortunately the MVP is a regular season award that goes to the best player on the team having the best regular season. In reality, Harden should have won it last year too. It's got nothing to do with what you do in the playoffs.

Lebron is clearly still the best player in the NBA, but I can see extremely rational arguments both ways for both Lebron and Harden winning MVP.

Harden won a scoring title, 3rd in assists, first in win shares, first in PER. I feel like he deserves it this year.

Lebron is clearly still the best player in the NBA, but I can see extremely rational arguments both ways for both Lebron and Harden winning MVP.

Harden won a scoring title, 3rd in assists, first in win shares, first in PER. I feel like he deserves it this year.

I don't think there's much debate that Lebron is the best player in the NBA, but I concur that Harden deserves the MVP this year.

As far as the MVP award goes, unfortunately, Lebron didn't take the season seriously for awhile. For a significant part of the year, Cleveland was statistically better when Lebron was on the bench, and things got so bad there that they had to trade nearly half the team at the trade deadline.

Harden averaged 30.4/8.8/5.4/1.8/0.7 (last two being steals and blocks) compared to Lebron's 27.5/9.1/8.6/1.4/0.9. Harden had the edge in PER, AST%, TO%, USG, win shares, and BPM while basically being tied in TS% and VORP. I mean, he ran up more win shares than Lebron despite playing 10 fewer games and did it in the West, where he led the Rockets to exceed preseason projections by over 10 wins and secure the #1 seed in the conference that the Warriors play in. Cleveland meanwhile came in 4 games below expectation and were a low-seed in the East for the majority of the season.

Part of the issue is that it's a regular season award but they don't announce it until after the season.

There's a simple fix: announce the awards the day before the Playoffs begin.

So, pretty awesome that we get to wait so long before the Finals start.

/sarcasm font

The best part is that the semi finals series went as long as possible and we STILL have a long wait. The fact that they set the date in stone so long in advance just seems so stupid to me.

So, pretty awesome that we get to wait so long before the Finals start.

/sarcasm font
I'm thinking that if the Warriors win by double digits in the first game (as predicted by Vegas) then this will be one of the lowest watched NBA finals in history.

Now, if Bronnie really is Superman, then that will make a compelling story. Otherwise, this series should be a snoozer.

The best part is that the semi finals series went as long as possible and we STILL have a long wait. The fact that they set the date in stone so long in advance just seems so stupid to me.
TV$$$
I'm thinking that if the Warriors win by double digits in the first game (as predicted by Vegas) then this will be one of the lowest watched NBA finals in history.

Now, if Bronnie really is Superman, then that will make a compelling story. Otherwise, this series should be a snoozer.
Personally, I find zero stories involving the Cavs to be compelling. At best, they offer some morbid curiosities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom