NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

I LOVE the conspiracy theory that Hinkie was the leak.

i know its probably not true but I can't tell you how badly I want it to be true

As for the finals, it's hard to predict a sweep. But I kinda think it's gonna be a sweep. Maybe if Iggy doesn't play the Cavs can steal one

i know its probably not true but I can't tell you how badly I want it to be true

As for the finals, it's hard to predict a sweep. But I kinda think it's gonna be a sweep. Maybe if Iggy doesn't play the Cavs can steal one
Well he is out tonight. I also think we see more McGee this series if Tristan/Nance is out there.

I think it'll be Warriors in 5. As someone else said, Cleveland will likely have a game where they fluky hot or the Warriors are fluky cold and allow them to steal one but this series shouldn't be close.

I saw Kevin Pelton put out an article that basically said it's the most lopsided series based on the numbers that we've had since like 1984.

I think it'll be Warriors in 5. As someone else said, Cleveland will likely have a game where they fluky hot or the Warriors are fluky cold and allow them to steal one but this series shouldn't be close.

I saw Kevin Pelton put out an article that basically said it's the most lopsided series based on the numbers that we've had since like 1984.

It is... but Warriors play so lax at times, we saw it a lot in the Rockets series. Hopefully they are more locked in. Part of what makes them great though is that casual style. It comes from Curry... sort of drives me nuts though.

Also, and it's been discussed before, is Steph Curry still underrated when in discussions with all time players? I think you could argue it.

He's one of those guys that is just really polarizing for fans for some reason. There's a large contingent of fans that think he's arguably like the 2nd best player in the NBA and there's also a contingent of fans that think he's massively overrated. I think he has a chance to end up being around a top 20ish player all-time if he stays healthy.

He's one of those guys that is just really polarizing for fans for some reason. There's a large contingent of fans that think he's arguably like the 2nd best player in the NBA and there's also a contingent of fans that think he's massively overrated. I think he has a chance to end up being around a top 20ish player all-time if he stays healthy.

I live in Ohio. Cleveland fans despise him, obviously because he's on the team they constantly face in the finals. Hate his cockiness and dumb things like how he chews his mouth guard. They really, really hate him.

There are also a group of people that still claim all he does is shoot, which is funny to me.

Also, and it's been discussed before, is Steph Curry still underrated when in discussions with all time players? I think you could argue it.

Yes. His on/off numbers are insane.

Since they got Durant, the Warriors have only played 189 minutes (397 possessions) with Steph on the court and without any of the big 3 (Klay, Dray, and Durant) together. In those 189 minutes, the Warriors have a net rating of +17.3 per 100 possessions.

If you swap it, the other big 3 have played 1,493 possessions together without Steph, those possessions have a net rating of +2.8. Now granted, the sample size on the Steph minutes without those 3 is crazy low, and probably consists of blowouts, so take it for what it's worth. But the crazier thing is that when the big 3 play without Steph, they are just +2.8.

Meanwhile, some of the other 3 man combos

Steph/Durant/Dray and no Klay: (682 possessions) +13.9
Steph/Dray/Klay and no KD (1,551 possessions) +16.2
Steph/Durant/Klay and no Dray (915 possessions) +12.5

Since they got Durant, the Warriors have only played 189 minutes (397 possessions) with Steph on the court and without any of the big 3 (Klay, Dray, and Durant) together. In those 189 minutes, the Warriors have a net rating of +17.3 per 100 possessions.

If you swap it, the other big 3 have played 1,493 possessions together without Steph, those possessions have a net rating of +2.8. Now granted, the sample size on the Steph minutes without those 3 is crazy low, and probably consists of blowouts, so take it for what it's worth. But the crazier thing is that when the big 3 play without Steph, they are just +2.8.

now that is good stuff.

Also Warriors in 5.
Cavs will lose 2 in Oakland.
Korver will go crazy in either game 3 or 4 and the Cavs win that one.
Warriors win the other game in Cleveland and close it out in game 5.

Where LeBron is playing next year is a bigger story than these Finals.

Also Warriors in 5.

How big that story is will really depend on what other moves these teams make IMO. Without other moves, it'll be the same story, just with a different uniform. Unless he's going to Boston or Houston no other team is ready to compete with Golden State as currently constructed even with Lebron IMO. It'll be absolutely fascinating if he and another star go to LA or something though.

How big that story is will really depend on what other moves these teams make IMO. Without other moves, it'll be the same story, just with a different uniform. Unless he's going to Boston or Houston no other team is ready to compete with Golden State as currently constructed even with Lebron IMO. It'll be absolutely fascinating if he and another star go to LA or something though.

Philly? Maybe with all this FO drama they're out, but you put Lebron on that team with Simmons/Embiid, the fit is odd, but I think they could play with Golden State.

Actually, that would be a fascinating matchup.

Philly? Maybe with all this FO drama they're out, but you put Lebron on that team with Simmons/Embiid, the fit is odd, but I think they could play with Golden State.

Actually, that would be a fascinating matchup.

I think they'd need to trade Simmons to have any shot at Golden State, and this is of course assuming Lebron is still considering Philly in the midst of the Colangelo situation.

I think they'd need to trade Simmons to have any shot at Golden State, and this is of course assuming Lebron is still considering Philly in the midst of the Colangelo situation.

God, can you imagine philly, with all this FO drama, signing Lebron and then trading away Simmons in one off-season??

This will be controversial in a lot of circles, but Steph Curry is a better player than Kobe Bryant ever was. He's less selfish and more efficient and it is not close. Their defensive Box Plus minus are exactly the same as well.

Whos that star? If it is Kawhi we are talking. If it is PG, meh. I think PG is incredibly overrated.

God, can you imagine philly, with all this FO drama, signing Lebron and then trading away Simmons in one off-season??
Simmons and LeBron aren’t a good pair though. LeBron would have to completely reinvent his game to a wing type player. Simmons is a better version of Rajon Rondo offensively but against smart teams they just play him to pass. It’s why the Celtics took him out of his game and McConnell was more effective.

76ers are the only East team LeBron could go to that is why it’s mentioned but it’s a bad fit with Simmons.

Simmons and LeBron aren’t a good pair though. LeBron would have to completely reinvent his game to a wing type player. Simmons is a better version of Rajon Rondo offensively but against smart teams they just play him to pass. It’s why the Celtics took him out of his game and McConnell was more effective.

76ers are the only East team LeBron could go to that is why it’s mentioned but it’s a bad fit with Simmons.

If they sign Lebron they need a replacement for Redick unless he is willing to take a massive pay cut. I kind of feel like Saric isn't a great fit either with that team.

Not counting LeBron, I think a very fair assessment is that KD is the better individual basketball player while Steph is the more valuable player for the NBA.

I'm also the guy that thinks a healthy Kawhi is better than KD, so take it FWIW.

Assuming Kawhi can come back 100% healthy, my tiers/rankings are:

Tier LeBron:
LeBron

Tier 2: Elite Superstar
Kawhi
Steph
KD
AD (when healthy)

Tier 3: Superstar
Harden
Giannis (eventually will bump a tier)
CP3 (when healthy)
Russ

I refuse to put Dame on here even with his 1st team All-NBA.

This will be controversial in a lot of circles, but Steph Curry is a better player than Kobe Bryant ever was. He's less selfish and more efficient and it is not close. Their defensive Box Plus minus are exactly the same as well.

He's arguably the most valuable NBA player of all time.

Not saying the best. But if you measure the player in the time period, he is absolutely one of a handful of guys that can be deemed most valuable of all time. He fundamentally has changed the game, floor dimensions, how defense is played and the potential for all his teammates.

Also Warriors in 5.

Would there be a bigger upset in NBA history in the Finals, post-lottery era, than if the Cavs win this year?

He's arguably the most valuable NBA player of all time.

Not saying the best. But if you measure the player in the time period, he is absolutely one of a handful of guys that can be deemed most valuable of all time. He fundamentally has changed the game, floor dimensions, how defense is played and the potential for all his teammates.

The only way I may disagree is that I think that makes him a better player than KD. (And I also agree with your Lillard take. It doesn't feel right to me that he made first team)

If I told my friends this, who are huge Kobe-homers, they would explode through their phones. My god... couple of these guys still have Kobe over LeBron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom