NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Westbrook looks like a lowlight of MCW’s soph year with the jump pass turnovers tonight. Just throwing the ball all over the place.

Hey Billy, leave Patterson in longer so the would be help defenders can keep ignoring him and keep glueing themselves to their man while waiting for him to throw the ball right to them.

I guess "Playoff P" was a 1 game appearance, and Westbrook...just stop. These two better figure out how to do something other than brick or turn it over in the 4th.

I guess "Playoff P" was a 1 game appearance, and Westbrook...just stop. These two better figure out how to do something other than brick or turn it over in the 4th.

Westbrook has been absolutely ridiculous tonight. 5-17 with 7 turnovers?

I have no idea how OKC fans do it.

Thunder ever play basketball together before this series? One group looks like a "team", while the other is apparently some random dudes who decided to put on the same jersey.

They make the old San Diego Padres unis look good. It looks like someone threw up on them.
upload_2018-4-22_8-42-15.png

Westbrook throwing down the gauntlet for Game 4.
DbY4-AvWkAAoZwv.jpg:large
So if Westbrook is shutting down Rubio, and Playoff Paul is shutting down Ingles... that's going to leave a lot of room for Donovan Mitchell.

One big thing this series - talk was Gobert would struggle against Adams, but Gobert has done an outstanding job getting Adams off balance and into foul trouble.

So if Westbrook is shutting down Rubio, and Playoff Paul is shutting down Ingles... that's going to leave a lot of room for Donovan Mitchell.

One big thing this series - talk was Gobert would struggle against Adams, but Gobert has done an outstanding job getting Adams off balance and into foul trouble.
And exactly why Favors had a big Game One. They had no game plan to stop him. Jazz winning the paint.

Westbrook throwing down the gauntlet for Game 4.
DbY4-AvWkAAoZwv.jpg:large

Shut up Russ. He kicked your butt and you sucked. You’ve got nothing to say right now. That’s how it works. Nobody cares what you’re supposedly going to do next game. Just go do it. Sounding like a friggin 12 year old little leaguer.

No chance Cleveland loses tonight. Lebron, Silver, and the refs won't let it happen.

Wow, Lance Stephenson has to be the dumbest player in the NBA.
I wanna love him, but there was that little incident when the girlfriend took a tumble down the stairs and, as he showed probably seven times tonight and consistently throughout his career, he’s a buffoon. A liability — unless you’re playing against him.

Remember when JR was the clown prince, a tinderbox, an underachiever? He was William MF Buckley compared to Lance. He is insane in the membrane (insane in the brain!), and not in a good way.

Pacers blew that. Terrible, terrible offense the last 3 minutes. Not sure what they were doing.

Portland is going to be under a lot of pressure to overhaul that roster.

Which is weird, because finishing 3rd in the West is an awesome accomplishment, but the sweep kinda erases that.

They just have absolutely no shot at ever being a title contender building around the Lillard/CJ combo IMO.

The Sixers got lucky with Embiid’s back issues for them to get him at 3.
He was the best player in the draft but he missed 2 years and the top 2 teams Cleveland/Minnesota and Milwaukee couldn’t gamble.
They wasted an asset to get Fultz.

I feel like the point of the process in the first place is that 'not gambling' in the NBA is pointless. There are 15 playoff teams every year that have no shot of winning it all; nevermind the teams that finish 10th and just miss.

I feel like the point of the process in the first place is that 'not gambling' in the NBA is pointless. There are 15 playoff teams every year that have no shot of winning it all; nevermind the teams that finish 10th and just miss.
I understand the process and agree with the philosophy but besides sucking you need to get lucky.
The lottery only gives the worst team a 25% chance the first pick.
That year when Embiid came out in 2014 the 76ers had the worst record but got the 3rd pick.
They were lucky Embiid’s medicals scared Cleveland/Minnesota and Milwaukee where the 76ers were fine gambling as they wanted Embiid’s talent and to continue tanking.
They hit a grand slam with Ben Simmons.
However they blew it bigtime in 2015 with Okafor over Porzingis or even hell Devin Booker.

They also wasted a future lottery pick next year from Sacramento to move from 3 to 1 to take Markell Fultz.

Fultz could become a good player but are odds are heavily against him being the best player and they moved up from 3 to 1 to get him.

Simmons and Embiid though validated Hinnke’s philosophy.

Rockets winning by one at halftime 50 to 49. Must have had a helluva halftime as they score another 50 in the 3rd period compared to only 20 for the T'Wolves. Not sure I have ever heard of a team scoring 50 in a 12 minute period. And it happened on the road. Just another reason I've said that I think Houston is the best team this season.

Favors is attempting to wrestle Carmelo on every possession.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom