NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Yup, sounds right. Definitely a one and done guy at Texas and I think they were pretty mediocre like you said.

There's some crazy stat, Texas has had a one and done freshmen like 7 times in the last decade and they haven't made it past the sweet 16 (please dont fact check that)

LeBron is absolutely carrying that team. His team has been in the finals every year for so long so its hard to pick against that, but this one...jeez. That team does not look good.

Yeah for him to go off and to still barely hold on against an ok team at home; i don't know.

Karl Anthony Towns seems to be having a “welcome to the playoffs” type experience so far. 5-18 from the field? 6.5 ppg?

If the Celtics can sweep the bucks (unlikely at best) and somehow squeeze by the sixers anything can happen

Hot take: N.O. is better without Cousins. Him and AD are redundant. AD is the ultimate small ball center. They’re crazy if they pay Cousins this summer. Spend that money on some 3 and D wings and keep it moving.

Hot take: N.O. is better without Cousins. Him and AD are redundant. AD is the ultimate small ball center. They’re crazy if they pay Cousins this summer. Spend that money on some 3 and D wings and keep it moving.
The lane was wide open so many times for AD to attack and move last night. You aren't just whistling dixie here.

Not even sure it's that hot; I half jokingly said it when he went down, I kinda think it's true now.

Here's the problem for the Pellies; they already have like $95 million in salary committed for next season. So if they don't sign Boogie, it's not like they can spend the $30 million or whatever he'd make on other guys. Maybe they'd have like 10-15 million to work with?

Here's the problem for the Pellies; they already have like $95 million in salary committed for next season. So if they don't sign Boogie, it's not like they can spend the $30 million or whatever he'd make on other guys. Maybe they'd have like 10-15 million to work with?
They should sign and trade Boogie.

If Brad Stevens would take Boogie the Celtics actually make sense with a trade centered around Marcus Smart who is a rFA and actually the type of defender they would need.

Pelicans could probably get Smart, a filler for Cousins in sign and trade.

They should sign and trade Boogie.

If Brad Stevens would take Boogie the Celtics actually make sense with a trade centered around Marcus Smart who is a rFA and actually the type of defender they would need.

Pelicans could probably get Smart, a filler for Cousins in sign and trade.

I was thinking about that. It would probably be difficult to pull off a sign and trade with an RFA going back though?

I was thinking about that. It would probably be difficult to pull off a sign and trade with an RFA going back though?
The pelicans could take him on a 1 year deal on his tender offer.

See if they like Smart and then resign him long term if he fit.

If I were Pelticsns I use Boogie as a sign and trade bait.
I doubt Boogie will get a max now as his weight issues and coming off a blown Achilles will scare teams.

The pelicans could take him on a 1 year deal on his tender offer.

See if they like Smart and then resign him long term if he fit.

If I were Pelticsns I use Boogie as a sign and trade bait.
I doubt Boogie will get a max now as his weight issues and coming off a blown Achilles will scare teams.

But doesn't Smart need to agree to the tender? I'm trying to read on the salary cap FAQ

But doesn't Smart need to agree to the tender? I'm trying to read on the salary cap FAQ
Smart will sign the tender no problem.
He has missed 25 games this year and nobody is going to give him a big contract now. He wants 16 million a year now. He isn’t getting that now.
His tender will be 6.7 million.

Smart will sign the tender no problem.
He has missed 25 games this year and nobody is going to give him a big contract now. He wants 16 million a year now. He isn’t getting that now.
His tender will be 6.7 million.

Ok I haven't followed him as close as you; you think there's no way someone throws a multi year deal at him?

Ok I haven't followed him as close as you; you think there's no way someone throws a multi year deal at him?
I can’t see any team offering him a multiple year deal the Celtics won’t match.
Teams don’t have the cap space and the ones that do aren’t throwing a max or near max at Smart.
Nets have used up their space.

Hawks, Bulls, Mavericks, Pacers, Lakers are the only teams under the cap.
Lakers are the only team with over 25 million.
Hawks/Bulls aren’t paying Smart.
I guess the Mavs or Pacers could but I don’t seem them tying up cap space on an offer sheet to Smart.

Boogie’s market is going to be thin this year.

FWIW, all three road teams tonight -- Boston, Cleveland and Toronto -- are 'dogs, the Celts the biggest, getting 5 at Milwaukee. Raptors plus 1 1/2 at DC, Cavs plus 1 at Indy.

I ain't goin' nowhere any of it anyway, I've known myself my entire life, I know my addictive personality. I know the feeling of losing twice my weekly salary 'cause some running back fumbles on the 1-yard line and thinking maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing if my bookie fell asleep smoking and met an unfortunate (for him) premature demise. Plus, I already strayed once this year and will have to pony up $200 to some guys in the Caribbean if the Cavs don't win it all (ha!).

But, if I were just gonna wager a coupla bucks tonight for kicks and giggles, I'd take LeBron plus 1.

FWIW, all three road teams tonight -- Boston, Cleveland and Toronto -- are 'dogs, the Celts the biggest, getting 5 at Milwaukee. Raptors plus 1 1/2 at DC, Cavs plus 1 at Indy.

I ain't goin' nowhere any of it anyway, I've known myself my entire life, I know my addictive personality. I know the feeling of losing twice my weekly salary 'cause some running back fumbles on the 1-yard line and thinking maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing if my bookie fell asleep smoking and met an unfortunate (for him) premature demise. Plus, I already strayed once this year and will have to pony up $200 to some guys in the Caribbean if the Cavs don't win it all (ha!).

But, if I were just gonna wager a coupla bucks tonight for kicks and giggles, I'd take LeBron plus 1.
LeBron plus 1 is insane value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom