NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

With NBA playoff officiating being what it is, I'd feel great if I were a Cavs fan about their chances to pull this out. Lebron will make plays down the stretch, and they'll get calls.

Can't go down to the wire even against Lebron and hope to win.

I know JR had a hot start, but he literally doesn't know what he's doing on defense.

Ty Lue had to sit him, this is why you lose games in the Finals. You cannot have JR Smith playing. A guy that doesn't understand where he is supposed to be or what to do in half the game can't be on the floor.

I know JR had a hot start, but he literally doesn't know what he's doing on defense.

Ty Lue had to sit him, this is why you lose games in the Finals. You cannot have JR Smith playing. A guy that doesn't understand where he is supposed to be or what to do in half the game can't be on the floor.

He's a colossal knucklehead. It sickens me that he has a championship ring.

Ty Lue is a terrible basketball coach and this warriors team is something else.

Said it all series. I’d rather play Korver.

Said it all series. I’d rather play Korver.
Korver doesn't play more because he can't create and gets abused on defense

But when smith is lost on d, that changes a lot. Korver is by far a better shooter he just needs screens for them

I watched tonight's game at a sports bar with my wife, who is from northeast Ohio and is a homegrown Cavs fan. The bar is filled with a group of people who went Lord of the Flies berserk in the first half when the Cavs jumped out to an early lead.

The last three possessions epitomize everything I loathe about Lebron enthusiasts who are die hard Cavs "fans," but couldn't name one Cavs player outside of either of the two Lebron eras.

Down six, Lebron drives to the basket and makes a fairly pedestrian layup to cut the lead to 4, and several Cavs fans hoot and hollar WOO-HOO-HOO [literaly... "WOO HOO HOO"], as if an uncontested right handed layup was the greatest play they've ever seen, ejaculating while high fiving enthusiastically.

The next possession, the Warriors drive down and score on a dribble-drive bounce pass that results in a point blank baseline dunk, and one guy in a Cavs jersey screams, "THAT"S A TRAVEL!!!"

Next possession, the Cavs miss, Warriors get the rebound, and the Cavs scramble to foul Curry before he dribbles out the clock. Foul goes against Lebron. The guy at the table next to us screams "ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? THAT'S NOT A FOUL!!!" -- clearly not recognizing that Lebron intentionally gave the foul to stop the clock.

During the ensuing timeout, 15 "fans" who would cut off their arm to see the Cavs win the championship file out with their tails between their legs, with 45 seconds left on the clock.

Last edited:
I'm at a sports bar with my wife, who is from northeast Ohio and is a Cavs fan. The bar is filled with a group of people who went berserk in the first half when the Cavs jumped out to an early lead.

The last three possessions epitomize everything I loathe about Lebron enthusiasts who are die hard Cavs "fans," but couldn't name one Cavs player outside of either of the two Lebron eras.

Down six, Lebron drives to the basket and makes a fairly pedestrian layup, and several Cavs fans hoot and hollar WOO-HOO-HOO, as if an uncontested right handed layup was the greatest play they've ever seen, ejaculating while high fiving enthusiastically.

The next possession, the Warriors drive down and score on a baseline dunk, and one guy in a Cavs jersey screams, "TRAVEL!!!"

Next possession, the Cavs miss and Curry gets fouled - the guy at the table next to us screams "WHAT??? THAT'S NOT A FOUL!!!" -- clearly not recognizing that Lebron intentionally gave the foul to stop the clock.

They all file out with their tails between their legs.

Yup. Happens with every team with a star of that magnitude though. The number of “Heat fans” from 2011-2014 was just disgusting.

Mark Price Cavs were the most fun Cavs teams to watch. If not for injury, the stupid Ron Harper for Danny Ferry trade, and a guy named Michael Jordan going absolutely bananas on them in the playoffs everytime, they might’ve won one.

Only question now is who is FMVP. I have it 2-1 Steph over KD right now. If Steph drops a big game, I think he is a pretty clear lock to win FMVP.

I watched tonight's game at a sports bar with my wife, who is from northeast Ohio and is a homegrown Cavs fan. The bar is filled with a group of people who went Lord of the Flies berserk in the first half when the Cavs jumped out to an early lead.

Down six, Lebron drives to the basket and makes a fairly pedestrian layup to cut the lead to 4, and several Cavs fans hoot and hollar WOO-HOO-HOO [literaly... "WOO HOO HOO"], as if an uncontested right handed layup was the greatest play they've ever seen, ejaculating while high fiving enthusiastically.

The next possession, the Warriors drive down and score on a dribble-drive bounce pass that results in a point blank baseline dunk, and one guy in a Cavs jersey screams, "THAT"S A TRAVEL!!!"

Next possession, the Cavs miss, Warriors get the rebound, and the Cavs scramble to foul Curry before he dribbles out the clock. Foul goes against Lebron. The guy at the table next to us screams "ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? THAT'S NOT A FOUL!!!" -- clearly not recognizing that Lebron intentionally gave the foul to stop the clock.

During the ensuing timeout, 15 "fans" who would cut off their arm to see the Cavs win the championship file out with their tails between their legs, with 45 seconds left on the clock.
simply change the names and similar posts can be written of any syracusefan.com game thread, win or lose

you're annoyed at uninformed drunk sportsbar fan guy? im numb to it

The only way Lebron wins a title anytime soon (barring major injury) is if he goes to Boston or Houston. His mix with Philly doesn't work and Embid will always be a wildcard with his potential for injury.

He going to the Lakers and having Paul George come along isn't even close to enough, and then you have to go through possibly Houston AND GSW just to get to the finals.

I know people say he won't go to the West because he doesn't want to have to face GSW until the final, but you have to beat them either way and I'd rather face them with a better chance of winning than being a big underdog. If he goes to Houston, they're winning multiple championships..mark it down. I still don't think he goes there though...because I think he'll be satisfied with staying in the east and continuing the "consolation" prize legacy of reaching a million finals in a row..even if he loses all future ones.

The only way Lebron wins a title anytime soon (barring major injury) is if he goes to Boston or Houston. His mix with Philly doesn't work and Embid will always be a wildcard with his potential for injury.

He going to the Lakers and having Paul George come along isn't even close to enough, and then you have to go through possibly Houston AND GSW just to get to the finals.

I know people say he won't go to the West because he doesn't want to have to face GSW until the final, but you have to beat them either way and I'd rather face them with a better chance of winning than being a big underdog. If he goes to Houston, they're winning multiple championships..mark it down. I still don't think he goes there though...because I think he'll be satisfied with staying in the east and continuing the "consolation" prize legacy of reaching a million finals in a row..even if he loses all future ones.
Already having a house in LA could be a clue.

It'll be interesting to see how many Cavs "fans" there will be next season, if Lebron leaves again.

I think it comes down to compatibility with the other principals on the team.

On paper [my opinion only], it is difficult to see how Lebron and Harden would "work," given that Harden needs the ball in his hands 99% of the team to optimize his effectiveness. Would he be as impactful playing with a guy like Lebron, who would also need to predominate the ball? Hard to say.

I could see him being compatible with a guy like Kawai Leonard, who doesn't need the ball in his hands, and despite being a first team caliber player is well suited to a complimentary role because of how he plays. Not predicting he ends up in San Antonio, for the record, just using Kawai as a counter-example to discuss fit.

Hard to see him fitting in with Simmons / Philly, and the reasons you list above also factor in.

All comes down to fit, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom