NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

For me Philly makes sense if they moved Simmons.
I can’t see LeBron becoming a PF yet as he is still one of the best passers in the league.
Embiid and that young core makes sense but Simmons growth stunts bigtime with LeBron and if Embiid got hurt there would be problems.
If I am Philly, I don't make any irrational moves for the relatively short term. I get it, James is still the best player in the world but he's still 33. Wait a few more years, groom your core, and build long term. I mean, they spent all this time literally building through the "process" it would be weird to suddenly dump some of those key guys. I guess, unless you think James makes you an immediate contender over these next 3 years. With Boston, it's hard to say.

IDK. GM'ing is hard. So is predicting the future.

It can go one of three ways -

LeBron signs for $$$ but is saddled with a team that's not immediately competitive.

LeBron opts for less $$$ and goes to a team that can compete.

LeBron is part of a sign and trade and a creative front office finds a way to stack salary and assets back to Cleveland while still fielding a team that can compete.

LBJ Jr plays for Old Trail School in Akron. Though I'm sure if Lebron wanted to play in LA hed find a way to make it work.

Why?
The roster sucks.
They traded Kyrie for junk and one of Colin s e xton/Mikal Bridges/Wendall Carter.
They have no cap room and everyone has mentioned how crap this team has been he carried.
If LeBron wanted to stay they would have traded for Paul George last offseason and had him as a Kyrie replacement but LeBron wouldn’t commit.

I can’t see LeBron staying in Cleveland short of them moving up from 8 and getting a stud.

The Lakers's roster sucks, too. And unlike the Cavs, they have zero playoff experience.

Maybe he doesn't want to leave NEO.

Maybe he doesn't relish going west and having to face GSW before the finals.

Maybe he thinks that the Cavs roster can be overhauled / tweaked more easily than starting another rebuild elsewhere.

It can go one of three ways -

LeBron signs for $$$ but is saddled with a team that's not immediately competitive.

LeBron opts for less $$$ and goes to a team that can compete.

LeBron is part of a sign and trade and a creative front office finds a way to stack salary and assets back to Cleveland while still fielding a team that can compete.

LeBron makes 55 mil per year in endorsements. I'm thinking competing is far more important than salary.

The Lakers's roster sucks, too. And unlike the Cavs, they have zero playoff experience.

Maybe he thinks that the Cavs roster can be overhauled / tweaked more easily than starting another rebuild elsewhere.

Imagine how tired he'd be if he had to compete against Western Conf. teams all year long instead of the East...

Lakers roster situation is a lot better than Cleveland’s.
Lakers can fit 2 Max FAs
Lakers have Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kozma, Brandon Ingram and the Bird rights to Julius Randle, Brook Lopez, and Isiah Thomas.
Cleveland has Kevin Love, Larry Nance Jr. and a bunch of older role players.
With LeBron and PG-13 the Lakers are probably the 3 seed in the West next year.

If Kawhi is back with SAS next year and Bron goes to LA theres 3 teams that could beat the Lakers out West. That's why I'm skeptical. The move that makes the most sense from a competitive standpoint is to go to Houston. That may mean moving Harden.

Lakers roster situation is a lot better than Cleveland’s.
Lakers can fit 2 Max FAs
Lakers have Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kozma, Brandon Ingram and the Bird rights to Julius Randle, Brook Lopez, and Isiah Thomas.
Cleveland has Kevin Love, Larry Nance Jr. and a bunch of older role players.
With LeBron and PG-13 the Lakers are probably the 3 seed in the West next year.

That's a stretch -- Lonzo Ball would be rendered irrelevant if Lebron goes there, and requires the ball in his hands. Ball suddenly becomes an odd fit, who can't shoot and is a defensive liability.

Kouzma is an OK piece [although I think that Nance is actually comparable], ditto Brandon Ingram. They are 1st and 2nd year guys who have accomplished nothing, and haven't sniffed the playoffs.

The Lakers can't divest themselves from Randle soon enough -- they are ready to move on and dump him off. Lopez isn't going to excite anybody, and Lebron just played with Isaiah Thomas this year, and it didn't work. If I'm Lebron, I'm looking at that roster and I'd pass -- that squad is a lot further away from contending than his current one.

If Kawhi is back with SAS next year and Bron goes to LA theres 3 teams that could beat the Lakers out West. That's why I'm skeptical. The move that makes the most sense from a competitive standpoint is to go to Houston. That may mean moving Harden.
Daryl Morey would do it.
I get a ice cream headache trying to figure out how Boston and Houston create the rosters to get LeBron.
Which is why I have been saying Lakers or 76ers.

That's a stretch -- Lonzo Ball would be rendered irrelevant if Lebron goes there, and requires the ball in his hands. Ball suddenly becomes an odd fit, who can't shoot and is a defensive liability.

Kouzma is an OK piece [although I think that Nance is actually comparable], ditto Brandon Ingram. They are 1st and 2nd year guys who have accomplished nothing, and haven't sniffed the playoffs.

The Lakers can't divest themselves from Randle soon enough -- they are ready to move on and dump him off. Lopez isn't going to excite anybody, and Lebron just played with Isaiah Thomas this year, and it didn't work. If I'm Lebron, I'm looking at that roster and I'd pass -- that squad is a lot further away from contending than his current one.
I think those young guys just give the Lakers chips to trade to appease LeBron.
They could get a player LeBron wants for Lonzo Ball but I get your point.

I think those young guys just give the Lakers chips to trade to appease LeBron.
They could get a player LeBron wants for Lonzo Ball but I get your point.

Interesting debate -- who knows what he'll do. Will be interesting to see how things unfold.

Does Magic care about appeasing LeBron?

If he wants him on the Lakers, then I'd think the answer is yes.

Lebron basically came out a few years ago and said he was done taking pay cuts, right? So I think he's signing a max somewhere

Ingram’s going to be a star IMO.

He was 16, 5, and 4 as a 20 year old and shot 47% and 39% from 3. And he can defend. He quietly had a really good and promising 2nd season.

Ingram’s going to be a star IMO.

He was 16, 5, and 4 as a 20 year old and shot 47% and 39% from 3. And he can defend. He quietly had a really good and promising 2nd season.

He needs to start adding some weight. He has a lot of promise.

He needs to start adding some weight. He has a lot of promise.

Agreed, he does. But being only 20, I think and hope the weight/muscle will get easier for him to put on in the coming years.

Agreed, he does. But being only 20, I think and hope the weight/muscle will get easier for him to put on in the coming years.
Honest question if you could have Ingram or Jaylen Brown who would rather have?
I ask because I know your a Lakers fan and I am a Celtics fan. Honestly I would rather have Brown. I like his all-around game and see him as an allstar. Before the 2016 draft I would have said Ingram but I like Brown’s development.

Honest question if you could have Ingram or Jaylen Brown who would rather have?
I ask because I know your a Lakers fan and I am a Celtics fan. Honestly I would rather have Brown. I like his all-around game and see him as an allstar. Before the 2016 draft I would have said Ingram but I like Brown’s development.

I lean towards Ingram because I think he has a higher ceiling due to his ability to be the primary playmaker with his ball handling and passing ability. Not sure Brown has that from what I’ve seen? Or maybe he hasn’t had the chance to do it yet, while the Lakers have put Ingram in that role?

Brown certainly has the muscle that Ingram is lacking though. He seems to be the better bet from a durability standpoint, as that is one question mark with Ingram so far.

I lean towards Ingram because I think he has a higher ceiling due to his ability to be the primary playmaker with his ball handling and passing ability. Not sure Brown has that from what I’ve seen? Or maybe he hasn’t had the chance to do it yet, while the Lakers have put Ingram in that role?

Brown certainly has the muscle that Ingram is lacking though. He seems to be the better bet from a durability standpoint, as that is one question mark with Ingram so far.
Maybe I'm just a little down on Brown due to Jayson Tatum being on his team, but I think I lean Ingram as well

Maybe I'm just a little down on Brown due to Jayson Tatum being on his team, but I think I lean Ingram as well
I think Brown is a future all-star.
He is only 21 and had 2 seasons where he has gotten deep postseason experience.
Tatum has potential to be a Paul Pierce top 10 player in the league.
Brown is more of an allstar type.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom