NBA Playoffs | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Long and short of it, bro: I've watched LeBron play since high school, I maybe have seen him lose his cool, get up in someone's face, maybe a handful of times, if that.

I'm amazed how consistently well he keeps it so together, particularly considering how physical the game gets and how much he's beat up going to the basket and how much smack he hears ad nauseum from other players and outright vitriol that drunk jamokes sitting courtside hurl at him, his mother, the whole shebang.

So he stepped over an annoying, tough competitor with a long record of being difficult to handle as a coach (ask Tom Izzo) and probably, at times, as a teammate. I love Draymond, I truly think he's the straw that stirs the drink, but if he played for the Cavs, y'all would have him on death row, and I'm not talkin' the record label.

He kicks and grabs guys' nuts. Long record, hence, he's an idiot, an irresponsible employee and teammate, he knew he was playing with house money, he got away with the Chuck Norris kick to Stephen Adams private parts, he knew he was on the precipice, all he had to do was stay away from other guys' schmeckles. And he apparently can't, particularly when it's the 4-time MVPeePee staring him in the face.

I hope the King whips out his scepter tonight and runs over to Curry's annoying wife and dubs her a Dame.
Richie, that doesn't provide much justification to me sorry bro. I get that green is dirty. He's obviously more talented offensively, but he's just like Rodman, or Rasheed Wallace 10 years ago in that he's a great player who instigates and causes lots of problems and gets lots of technicals. There is no doubt that he's a s*** who gets under the skin of the opposition. And I also know that LeBron has been frustrated because he's not getting calls that he's accustomed to getting all season long. Green no doubt has been physical as hell with LeBron and I'm sure he's tired of it. But in my mind I see a lot of rationalization in this thread about "Greens a dirty player, therefore what LeBron did was justified." I don't buy that. Especially because it appears to me that LeBron initiated the semi-altercation by being overly aggressive in a non basketball way to set off the incident.

This issue was not surprisingly featured on PTI today, and they showed the replay dozens of times. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that LeBron gave him a forearm smash to the face. I'm not saying that Green hadn't done other stuff that may have pissed LeBron off, but there's no way that's a legitimate basketball play. I'd be inclined to say that Green flopped a little, primarily because he's a punk, but there was a lot of contact and I'm not so sure.

People point 2 green hitting him in the nuts as justification for Lebron's actions / reaction, when in fact several things LeBron did occurred before that happened. Which is why I have a tough time accepting what you suggest in your post. Agree to disagree on this, homeboy.

Last edited:
Richie, that doesn't provide much justification to me sorry bro. I get that green is dirty. He's obviously more talented offensively, but he's just like Rodman, or Rasheed Wallace 10 years ago in that he's a great player who instigates and causes lots of problems and gets lots of technicals. There is no doubt that he's a s*** who gets under the skin of the opposition. And I also know that LeBron has been frustrated because he's not getting calls that he's accustomed to getting all season long. Green no doubt has been physical as hell with LeBron and I'm sure he's tired of it. But in my mind I see a lot of rationalization in this thread about "Greens a dirty player, therefore what LeBron did was justified." I don't buy that. Especially because it appears to me that LeBron initiated the semi-altercation by being overly aggressive in a non basketball way to set off the incident.

This issue was not surprisingly featured on PTI today, and they showed the replay dozens of times. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that LeBron gave him a forearm smash to the face. I'm not saying that Green hadn't done other stuff that may have pissed LeBron off, but there's no way that's a legitimate basketball play. I'd be inclined to say that Green flopped a little, primarily because he's a punk, but there was a lot of contact and I'm not so sure.

People point 2 green hitting him in the nuts as justification for Lebron's actions / reaction, when in fact several things LeBron did occurred before that happened. Which is why I have a tough time accepting what you suggest in your post. Agree to disagree on this, homeboy.

Rasheed didnt get into it with opponents much, he was just nuts when it came to refs. Argued every call and could not let bad calls go. The funniest was when he kept staring at the refs and got himself thrown out of game 7 of the WCF. Refs hated him.

Rasheed didnt get into it with opponents much, he was just nuts when it came to refs. Argued every call and could not let bad calls go. The funniest was when he kept staring at the refs and got himself thrown out of game 7 of the WCF. Refs hated him.

So ridiculous. I loved Rasheed though.

GSW needs to stop with the Steph pick and rolls. Sick of seeing people not named Steph take a million shots right now.

GSW needs to stop with the Steph pick and rolls. Sick of seeing people not named Steph take a million shots right now.

Iguodala was firing too much. Klay and Kyrie are both dialed in.

This game is amazing. The best thing to happen to GS is Irving going off this half.

I'm sorry, I don't see it with Ezeli. He might be my least favorite player next to Dellavedova.

What does he do?

What's the career record for flopping? Varejao must be close. I think he averages 8 flops a game.

Unreal half. Wow. Direct correlation between James driving/hitting open jumpers and Green suspended. Warriors switch everything and Cavs are just screening with a big. As great as Kyrie and James played, still a lot of iso. Will be interesting to see if James keeps demanding the ball or Kyrie starts trying to go Uncle Drew. Crazy game by Klay so far.

I hate Ezeli.

OK. I think I got it now, Ryan: LeBron is responsible for the suspension of Draymond Green, who has an affinity for opponents' nuts and knew he already had enough demerits in the post-season that if he indulged in any more nut attacks that he'd be suspended and, yet, lo and behold, he could not resist LBJ's low-hanging fruit?

The suspension of Mr. Green. his lack of discipline and restraint and inability to get through a series without getting all up in a guy's crotch is all on him. Personal responsibility.

Yikes. Hate to see that. My stomach turned a bit on the slow mo. Not good.

Yikes. Hate to see that. My stomach turned a bit on the slow mo. Not good.
Didn't watch. Didn't even need to to know it was bad. Stop showing that shhh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom