NBA Playoffs | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Had to record the game and just finished watching it. Luckily I was able to avoid any notifications about it.

So I talk a lot of trash about the Cavs and despise that organization from top to bottom, but yowza, did they play fantastic. They went into Oracle and earned that win. Irving had an answer for everything, even Lebron fatiguing late and losing his jumper. Just an incredible effort from the Cavs. Phenomenal to see Lebron play so well after he was getting clowned all over the place.

The Warriors played a bit too loose and sloppy. That's the dark side of playing with style. I don't know what was up with Harrison Barnes. Had a chance to step up and pretty much pissed it away. I think the Bogut injury freaked the Warriors out a little bit and was a big turning point.

So... where does Kevin Love end up next season? Because it's pretty clear he just doesn't fit.

Would love if someone could give some recaps of the pressers tomorrow.

Much love, fellow bros.

No secret that I'm no Cavs fan--but what unbelievable performances from Irving and James tonight. Wow.
That was majestic, two artists at work.

People everywhere were ready to pounce on LeBron and pummel him if he didn't perform well tonight and the Cavs lost. He smiled at Klay Thompson and Curry's wife's snarky comments and said he's not gonna respond, he's taking the "high road."

He and Kyrie certainly did that tonight. Greatly anticipating Klay's and Mrs. Curry's reactions. They both should probably should the up.

I'm just saying what a lot people think, especially after he ran tattling on Green to the press.

Green doesn't get suspended if Lebron doesn't get all emotional and start crying about it after Game 5.

That said, I have no problem with Green being suspended. Just don't respect Lebron for anything other than his basketball ability.
Bro, please, for me and LeBron's vag, would you please, as much as you dislike him for whatever cockamamie reasons, please just throw the big "B" in his name, like it is on his birth certificate. That would bring this little old man some joy. Thanks, meng.

Bro, please, for me and LeBron's vag, would you please, as much as you dislike him for whatever cockamamie reasons, please just throw the big "B" in his name, like it is on his birth certificate. That would bring this little old man some joy. Thanks, meng.
Wait, really?

Would love if someone could give some recaps of the pressers tomorrow.

Much love, fellow bros.
Lue cool, wanted outta there, Kerr was calm, cool. zen-like. Waiting for the players to come on, but this zolpidem tartrate I took a little bit ago may win out. That's cool. I can catch up online in the a.m.

Followed by his "high road" comments. He's just not a likeable person. Not in the "he's a bad guy" type of way but he just can't help it and brings it on himself by being passive aggressive and whiny.
Stop talking in an absolutes. "He's just not a likable person"....to you. And, of course, for whatever reasons, to a lot of other people, too.

But I like him, two or three other somewhere probably do, too.

You and all those others hung up on substantive, heavy ammo like LeBron's vag are taking your eye off the ball: he's a pretty, pretty good (that was my Larry David) basketball player.

And, Kyrie, please, heart be still, whatta performance. even if the Cavs should've shipped him out and gone with Dion (like that?).

Had to record the game and just finished watching it. Luckily I was able to avoid any notifications about it.

So I talk a lot of trash about the Cavs and despise that organization from top to bottom, but yowza, did they play fantastic. They went into Oracle and earned that win. Irving had an answer for everything, even Lebron fatiguing late and losing his jumper. Just an incredible effort from the Cavs. Phenomenal to see Lebron play so well after he was getting clowned all over the place.

The Warriors played a bit too loose and sloppy. That's the dark side of playing with style. I don't know what was up with Harrison Barnes. Had a chance to step up and pretty much pissed it away. I think the Bogut injury freaked the Warriors out a little bit and was a big turning point.

So... where does Kevin Love end up next season? Because it's pretty clear he just doesn't fit.
D-League. Maybe they can help him get back home to Oregon and work a deal with Portland, maybe for an NE Ohio kid, CJ McCollum.

The haters will say if Green played things would have been different, as if Green is Mj.

Just stop. Get over it. Just because some people aren't rooting for Lebron to win doesn't mean they hate him. I'm sick of the Lebron fans more than I'm sick of Lebron. People take it too personal.

This is a Syracuse board and people get their underwear in a bunch more that people root against Lebron than they do if someone says something bad about Syracuse.

D-League. Maybe they can help him get back home to Oregon and work a deal with Portland, maybe for an NE Ohio kid, CJ McCollum.

Ive heard it got pretty nasty when he went to play vs. Oregon as a UCLA player. Not particularly loved there.

Just went looking for Game 6's early line -- Cavs layin' 2 1/2 -- on some betting site, which lists GS and Cleveland's records including post-season: Warriors are 88-15 and Cleveland's 70-30. Those are some pretty, pretty, pretty good records,

Just stop. Get over it. Just because some people aren't rooting for Lebron to win doesn't mean they hate him. I'm sick of the Lebron fans more than I'm sick of Lebron. People take it too personal.

This is a Syracuse board and people get their underwear in a bunch more that people root against Lebron than they do if someone says something bad about Syracuse.

That post from b-cuse is right up there with some of those malachi should have stayed nonsense posts.

I predicted Warriors over the Cavs preseason. When they matched up in the finals I went GS in 6. When the series was 2-1 after Game 3 rout, I said GS in 6, maybe 5. Green suspension affected that game whether you hate Lebron, love Lebron, or somewhere in between. To say otherwise is idiotic. Just like to say that Irving/Love out last year didn't play a role in the outcome is idiotic. It has to do with the magnitude. Nobody truly knows the extent that it mattered, of course. I stand by GS in 6.

This guy's the best Cavs beat writer in their home market, always a good read day after game when he does these columns. Cavs 112, Warriors 97: Jason Lloyd's 30 thoughts on LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and greatness

I stopped following rassling when Bobo Brazil hung up his "cocoa butt," but love the opening line.

"Before Klay Thompson poked fun at his manhood, before Mo Speights subtweeted him with a picture of a baby bottle and before Ayesha Curry took a shot at him on Twitter, LeBron James walked into the Warriors practice facility on Monday wearing an Undertaker t-shirt honoring the WWE wrestler."

I predicted Warriors over the Cavs preseason. When they matched up in the finals I went GS in 6. When the series was 2-1 after Game 3 rout, I said GS in 6, maybe 5. Green suspension affected that game whether you hate Lebron, love Lebron, or somewhere in between. To say otherwise is idiotic. Just like to say that Irving/Love out last year didn't play a role in the outcome is idiotic. It has to do with the magnitude. Nobody truly knows the extent that it mattered, of course. I stand by GS in 6.

GohamsSU has spoken.

BTW, I'm assuming if Draymond launches any more assaults on opponents' packages he'd be out as long as Game 8, if it goes that long?

GohamsSU has spoken.

BTW, I'm assuming if Draymond launches any more assaults on opponents' packages he'd be out as long as Game 8, if it goes that long?

He's suspended for every subsequent flagrant foul.

Just went looking for Game 6's early line -- Cavs layin' 2 1/2 -- on some betting site, which lists GS and Cleveland's records including post-season: Warriors are 88-15 and Cleveland's 70-30. Those are some pretty, pretty, pretty good records,

Yikes. And San Antonio is still 73-19!

GohamsSU has spoken.

My nickname by some, mostly in jest, was the oracle in high school because I was supposedly good at predicting things, mostly sports related. Not even kidding.

In Zach Lowe's article yesterday he mentioned that Golden State was something like a +50 in the 80 some odd minutes that Green had played at C in this series, and were a minus with all other lineup combinations. I wish I had seen that before I said I still thought the Warriors would win last night.

Green being out was a huge factor. And last night, plus th e Lowe stat above, made me feel a little better about saying Green is still their second best guy, because Klay had been making me rethink that the way he had been playing. All that being said, Lebron and Kyrie (Lebron especially) were incredible last night.

In Zach Lowe's article yesterday he mentioned that Golden State was something like a +50 in the 80 some odd minutes that Green had played at C in this series, and were a minus with all other lineup combinations. I wish I had seen that before I said I still thought the Warriors would win last night.

Green being out was a huge factor. And last night, plus th e Lowe stat above, made me feel a little better about saying Green is still their second best guy, because Klay had been making me rethink that the way he had been playing. All that being said, Lebron and Kyrie (Lebron especially) were incredible last night.

I think you can argue for Draymond as the second most important player on GSW, but Klay is definitely the second best player on GSW.

This guy's the best Cavs beat writer in their home market, always a good read day after game when he does these columns. Cavs 112, Warriors 97: Jason Lloyd's 30 thoughts on LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and greatness

I stopped following rassling when Bobo Brazil hung up his "cocoa butt," but love the opening line.

"Before Klay Thompson poked fun at his manhood, before Mo Speights subtweeted him with a picture of a baby bottle and before Ayesha Curry took a shot at him on Twitter, LeBron James walked into the Warriors practice facility on Monday wearing an Undertaker t-shirt honoring the WWE wrestler."

"The best Cavs beat writer."

That's like saying he's the smartest kid in the dumb class, or the skinniest elephant.

Cleveland wins and everyone trolling on poor Kevin Love.

Couldn't even grab a rebound over Steph last night. The smallest guy on the court.

That's a crazy stat about Green at center. I'm curious how he comes out in G6 after dealing with everything the last few days. He plays with so much emotion I wonder if he'll be fired up and locked in and play great or if he'll be almost too emotional and start pressing a little bit. Or just doesn't care and plays like he always does which is probably the most likely outcome.

Either way, it's become a big joke surrounding the Cavs but they need to find a way to get Love more production. Not even so much the points because I do think he adds value with spacing that frees up others but they need him to be more of a factor on the glass. I didn't pay attention to it so maybe he was always drawn out of the paint on both ends which makes it tough but in a game where GS has Green out and Bogut hurt for the last chunk of the game you absolutely need more than the 3 boards or whatever it was he got. Cleveland dodged some bullets in the 4th when they gave GS some second chances off misses.

That's a crazy stat about Green at center. I'm curious how he comes out in G6 after dealing with everything the last few days. He plays with so much emotion I wonder if he'll be fired up and locked in and play great or if he'll be almost too emotional and start pressing a little bit. Or just doesn't care and plays like he always does which is probably the most likely outcome.

Either way, it's become a big joke surrounding the Cavs but they need to find a way to get Love more production. Not even so much the points because I do think he adds value with spacing that frees up others but they need him to be more of a factor on the glass. I didn't pay attention to it so maybe he was always drawn out of the paint on both ends which makes it tough but in a game where GS has Green out and Bogut hurt for the last chunk of the game you absolutely need more than the 3 boards or whatever it was he got. Cleveland dodged some bullets in the 4th when they gave GS some second chances off misses.

As unreal as Irving and James were (and they were unreal), GS had a lot of chances to cut the lead to 5-7 but just didn't make them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom