NBA Playoffs | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Yeah - Bosh doesn't get the love he deserves, but he'll be HoF, no doubt.

Love can't protect the rim. Can't move very well. I assume GSW will start the death lineup with no Bogut available, so I think Ty Lue has to strongly consider starting RJ and benching Love.

And the thing with Love is, if he really is healthy, it makes sense to move him to a team like Boston after the season. But would he even pass a physical? Clearly, the best lineup with LeBron is one that has Bron at the 4, a rim protector at the 5 and three shooters. Love just doesn't fit any of that.

Love to Boston would be interesting. A year ago everyone here in Boston would've killed to get him on the Celts. My buddies who are big Celtics fans I've talked to lately now want nothing to do with him.

Boston has a lot of role players that would probably be really nice fits in helping Cavs get better. I think Crowder or Bradley especially would be great fits. The improvement to the perimeter defense that would bring in a series against GS could go a LONG way. I don't know what package either team would be willing to accept from either at this point though. Doubt Cleveland sells Love at his basement and Boston might not be sure what they'd be getting back, Love from the Finals or the Kevin Love they desperately wanted a year ago.

Love to Boston would be interesting. A year ago everyone here in Boston would've killed to get him on the Celts. My buddies who are big Celtics fans I've talked to lately now want nothing to do with him.

Boston has a lot of role players that would probably be really nice fits in helping Cavs get better. I think Crowder or Bradley especially would be great fits. The improvement to the perimeter defense that would bring in a series against GS could go a LONG way. I don't know what package either team would be willing to accept from either at this point though. Doubt Cleveland sells Love at his basement and Boston might not be sure what they'd be getting back, Love from the Finals or the Kevin Love they desperately wanted a year ago.

I have to assume that since Boston fans, even if the chances are slim, think they are in the race for KD, settling for Love would be pretty disappointing. Especially after not getting in the top two in the draft. I mean, Steph got a rebound over Love last night - it looked like Love was an old man playing at the YMCA.

Jonathan Tjarks suggested that the best case scenario, that is realistic, would be Love for Melo.

First time in the playoffs this year. He played there a lot in last years playoffs.

Went through the playoff lineups from last year, if I'm doing this right, they played Barbosa/Barnes/StephIggy/Klay together for 3 minutes last year in the playoffs. All the other lineups had at least one of Bogut/Lee/Speights/Ezeli.

I cant pimp this website enough. NBA.com/Stats

I have to assume that since Boston fans, even if the chances are slim, think they are in the race for KD, settling for Love would be pretty disappointing. Especially after not getting in the top two in the draft. I mean, Steph got a rebound over Love last night - it looked like Love was an old man playing at the YMCA.

Jonathan Tjarks suggested that the best case scenario, that is realistic, would be Love for Melo.

I have no idea how it would actually play out but I would love if that trade went down. I lean towards thinking Melo and LeBron would complement each other pretty well. The thing I've always loved about watching Melo is when he gets on some of these big stages you know he's going to compete and go after it. He and LeBron seem like they have a real strong respect for one another and I think Melo would be a big pressure release on offense for LeBron and Kyrie.

Tim Donaghy coming out suggesting the fix is in to SI... Can't believe anyone listens to this guy still.

Are the Knicks a playoff team next year if they trade Melo for Love and don't get any top tier FAs and resign Affalo?

I read the Bucks want to trade Monroe if they do I would see the Knicks at the top of those discussions.

I am fascinated with the Knicks and Nets offseasons.

I can't see the Knicks taking Love and Monroe is just another Big that can't play D. Those types of guys are losing value in the NBA. Another reason I wouldn't take on Okafor if I was any team.

I can't see the Knicks taking Love and Monroe is just another Big that can't play D. Those types of guys are losing value in the NBA. Another reason I wouldn't take on Okafor if I was any team.

The pie in the sky situation for the Knicks would be to get Blake, start him at the four and push KP to the five and put shooters at 1-3.

Love doesn't do anything. Playoffs or no playoffs, it's all moot to me since they aren't even remotely close to vying for a title.

But I've never been a huge fan of Love and thought he was overrated even when he was grabbing 15 boards a game.

The pie in the sky situation for the Knicks would be to get Blake, start him at the four and push KP to the five and put shooters at 1-3.

Love doesn't do anything. Playoffs or no playoffs, it's all moot to me since they aren't even remotely close to vying for a title.

But I've never been a huge fan of Love and thought he was overrated even when he was grabbing 15 boards a game.

That's the dream.

Knicks were 12 games out of the playoffs last year. I don't think Melo for Love makes them any better, and it might make them worse. KP could improve, there is always the possibility he goes nuts, but I would have to say I don't see a playoff spot if they move Melo for Love.

Blake isn't going anywhere unless it's OKC in a Durant sign and trade.

For. Knicks fans has Phil done a good job? Does he leave or get fired?

Blake isn't going anywhere unless it's OKC in a Durant sign and trade.

For. Knicks fans has Phil done a good job? Does he leave or get fired?

I think Phil has done an ok job. The KP pick looks like a home run. Aside from that I don't think he's done anything great but he hasn't done anything terrible. I like the Hornacek hiring in the sense that it shows he may not be too reliant on the trangle. I think Dolan believes enough in him that my guess is he isn't in danger of being fired. If they are terrible next year; maybe.

That's the dream.

Knicks were 12 games out of the playoffs last year. I don't think Melo for Love makes them any better, and it might make them worse. KP could improve, there is always the possibility he goes nuts, but I would have to say I don't see a playoff spot if they move Melo for Love.

I agree with both of you on the hypothetical Love for Melo trade. Almost all the upside is with Cleveland there. Melo can make them more dangerous and raise their ceiling but I don't really see Love adding much in the win column for NY. And that's not even taking into consideration if his knees are actually as bad as some of the whispers are saying they are.

Kevin Love looked like the worst player on the floor last night. I would have taken Bogus post-injury over him.

I don't see that. Seemed like Bogut could only foul before he got hurt. His defense was pretty awful. And I'm not sure he did anything at all on offense.

I don't see that. Seemed like Bogut could only foul before he got hurt. His defense was pretty awful. And I'm not sure he did anything at all on offense.

He's got 10 Blocks the past 4 games. They are playing their best defense when he is on the court. I know he's slow and looks like an Oaf, but he does have some value.

He's got 10 Blocks the past 4 games. They are playing their best defense when he is on the court. I know he's slow and looks like an Oaf, but he does have some value.

I didn't realize they credited him with 3 blocks Mon night. I can't recall a single one.

What about this (I'm assuming this can work because of the cap space, but I may be wrong) - Love for Cauley-Stein and the 8th pick?

What about this (I'm assuming this can work because of the cap space, but I may be wrong) - Love for Cauley-Stein and the 8th pick?

Trade machine says it doesn't work right now, but I think that's because they aren't building in the jump in cap space.

I think I like it from the Cle POV I think, would add some shot blocking and defense. Draft express has Jamal M urray going in that slot to the Kings, that would definitely add some shooting for Cleveland.

As for the Kings, maybe they figure a trade is the best way to get a big name?

Sacramento would have to be under the cap for this trade to be possible. The salaries don't have to match unless one team is below the cap.

I don't think this is bad but I don't see Cleveland doing this trade as Thompson and Cauley-Stein couldn't play on the floor with Lebron without the lane being flooded and Cleveland gave Thompson a lot of money. If Cleveland trades Love now they are going to only get 50 cents on the dollar for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom