NBA Playoffs | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Big LBJ fan here, but I find the whole LeBron/whoever vs. take-your pick to be a waste of energy.

In few, if any, other team sports do some people engage ad nauseum in who's the GOAT debate. LeBron, I'd say, is a top 10 all-timer, maybe higher, quite possibly the best sf ever. That's good enough. He'll never play against MJ or Magic or Bird or Walt Frazier or Hakeem or Ewing or anyone other than who he's playing against now and for the past 12 years. He's done good, had a great career, as the great hoops pundits Lennon and McCartney would say, let it be.

Couldn't agree more. Those debates drive me nuts.

Not even close to the Warriors though. Their spacing would have the Bulls crying for mercy.

Or more likely it would have Jordan punching his teammates.

Eh. Different eras. Players change and adapt. One of the reasons these discussions are ultimately pointless.

Someone could just as easily argue that Hakeem would go for 40 and 20 against a team like GS, and they'd never come out of the West anyways.

Who knows? No way to prove any of it.

Warriors shoot 3s

Bulls shoot 2s

3>2

Largely a function of era. Kukoc would shoot a lot more and would be among the premier "stretch 4's" in the league today. Jordan and Pippen would shoot and make even more 3's today. Just like in their era they took and made a lot more 3's than guys from the early 80's that they weren't necessarily better shooters than. More a function of the style of play of the whole league at the time.

Is Mark jackson's bitter ex-lover scorn analysis towards Golden State ruining this game for anyone else?

I mean want that guy to shut up he is totally annoying this game.

How does Lebron play this active defense without fouling?
Green and Lebron are having an old Paul Pierce-Lebron James showdown. This game is very similar to the 2008 Eastern Conference Semis game 7. Where Pierce had 43, Lebron had 41 and the Celtics won a 3 point game in the last minute and when on to win the title.

Lebron is a freaking octopus out on there on defense and has zero fouls and the refs just gave Steph Curry an AWFUL 3rd foul.
What Zebras.

I'm so sick of people running into players and getting calls. Guys are just standing there and getting run into. What world is this?

I didn't tune into Game 7 to watch the refs blow calls and put star players in foul trouble. Something needs to be done about this. Game 6 and Game 7 and the ****ing 2x MVP is in foul trouble both games with 3-4 phantom calls over the course of 6 quarters.

I'm so sick of people running into players and getting calls. Guys are just standing there and getting run into. What world is this?
Really bad call against Curry

longislandcuse said:
So sick of the refs in the NBA.

What do you mean? That was obviously a foul. Obvious.

44cuse

Cue the "here comes the ref b*tching" crowd.

There's no argument on that third one they just called on curry. That, again, isn't close.

GoHamSU said:
Cue the "here comes the ref b*tching" crowd. There's no argument on that third one they just called on curry. That, again, isn't close.
It was absolutely a foul. Just not on Steph.

44cuse

Flacusian said:
Shy pert ran into him initially and initiated the contact

Exactly. That's a foul.

44cuse

Did Cleveland pick up were the Pitt Panthers/Georgetown left off on thug ball? And that third foul on Curry just proves that the NBA is all Labron right now.

Cleveland is changing the way Basketball is normally played.

Did Cleveland pick up were the Pitt Panthers/Georgetown left off on thug ball? And that third foul on Curry just proves that the NBA is all Labron right now.

Cleveland is changing the way Basketball is normally played.

All that is missing is Dixon on the court screaming at the refs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom