NBA Playoffs | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

I've stayed out of this thread as long as it's been going. How many Warriors games have you watched so that you can make such a definitive statement?

44cuse

Basically every one that has been nationally televised or picked up in the NYC market for the last three years.

They are one of three NBA teams I have ESPN coverage set to.

I also read their team Reddit.

Anything else I can help you with?

Honestly, you've had a lot of really dumb posts in this thread. And I get people are baiting you and you want to defend LeBron. You aren't even close to how much I have defended him on this board for years, so of all people I get it. But some of the stuff you have been putting is pure bunk. And you've been called on it deservedly.

That said, this is not one of those posts as you're 100% right. If the Cavs win tonight ( which I think they will) LeBron deserves a ton of credit ( nearly all but Kyrie has been brilliant as well) and none of it will come in the greater context that you seem to emotionally striving for: his place in history. I'm the same way and think he deserves to be higher than most Syracuse fans think. There are a lot of people ( here I mean) that have let what they think is LeBron the person impact how they evaluate LeBron the player.

The NBA is not rigging the series. Agreed.

44cuse
Thank you for setting me straight. The "dumb" and "bunk" were perfect word choices to get my attention, and a great lead-in to a compliment.

And, while I sometimes behave as if I'm in 10th grade, my 50th high school reunion is coming up (I ain't goin'), so I'm already hating myself for engaging in this 3rd grade one-upmanship you introduced to the conversation. I may not be in your league, in your mind, of taking up the LBJ cause, but, as my feeble mind recalls, my first LeBron defense (as Richierocafella) came when he was in high school and already under heavy artillery attack on this forum in a previous incarnation.

Curry always getting injured is a mark against him when it comes to how good a player he is.

He got hurt in the 2011-12 season. And then this year's playoffs. Other than that, he's been healthy every season.

Curry always getting injured is a mark against him when it comes to how good a player he is.

Fair enough, but you know how often you had to hear about Love and Kyrie being hurt last year as far as excuses go.

Go Bulls... err nevermind. I don't have a dog in the fight. But I do want the Cavs to win for this reason only... so that these Warriors are not in the conversation with my '95-'96 Bulls for best team ever. They may have beaten their 72-10 regular season record, but if GS can't win the finals tonight then they are out.

Warriors would destroy those Bulls.

On a given night when the 3's are really falling, ok. Overall though? I think Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman would be well-equipped to guard Curry/Thompson/Green. Plus Harper could take turns on Klay. 3 fantastic perimeter defenders plus Rodman? Tailor made to give these Warriors trouble on that end.

Really, those Bulls were vulnerable only to teams with great centers.

Stop telling me to get you a pizza
Mega ma culpa, bro; Luigi's is my favorite Akron Italian joint, I mistakenly said Nino's, which is the killer real-deal Sicilian pie place here in Rochester. Nino's, Luigi's, so confusing.

On a given night when the 3's are really falling, ok. Overall though? I think Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman would be well-equipped to guard Curry/Thompson/Green. Plus Harper could take turns on Klay. 3 fantastic perimeter defenders plus Rodman? Tailor made to give these Warriors trouble on that end.

Really, those Bulls were vulnerable only to teams with great centers.

Jordan and Pippen would torch them, heck Kukoch would kill them.

Go Bulls... err nevermind. I don't have a dog in the fight. But I do want the Cavs to win for this reason only... so that these Warriors are not in the conversation with my '95-'96 Bulls for best team ever. They may have beaten their 72-10 regular season record, but if GS can't win the finals tonight then they are out.

Either way you're going to get people(99% of the time, too young to have even watched those Bulls) popping off...either that the Warriors are better than those Bulls, or that Lebron is the best ever. People who talk crap about eras they didn't directly witness live, are the most annoying type of sports fans. Can't tell you how many of these dorks I have hidden from my facebook news feed because they feel the need to talk about Lebron vs.__________(fill in the blank: Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, etc.) after every single game he plays.

Last edited:
MikeSU02 said:
Basically every one that has been nationally televised or picked up in the NYC market for the last three years. They are one of three NBA teams I have ESPN coverage set to. I also read their team Reddit. Anything else I can help you with?

So you don't see a ton. Got it. Was just trying to figure it out. It's a pretty wrong perspective so I'll just chalk it up to the emotion of this thread. That sample size is pretty small in comparison so I'm cool with that.

Forget I asked, I get where you're coming from.

44cuse

Fireball Jr. said:
Thank you for setting me straight. The "dumb" and "bunk" were perfect word choices to get my attention, and a great lead-in to a compliment. And, while I sometimes behave as if I'm in 10th grade, my 50th high school reunion is coming up (I ain't goin'), so I'm already hating myself for engaging in this 3rd grade one-upmanship you introduced to the conversation. I may not be in your league, in your mind, of taking up the LBJ cause, but, as my feeble mind recalls, my first LeBron defense (as Richierocafella) came when he was in high school and already under heavy artillery attack on this forum in a previous incarnation.

Yeah, you've missed the annual LeBron thread, but don't sweat it. Like i said, I agree with you completely.

But that's not going to stop me from saying you've said some pretty dumb/emotional stuff in this thread. It cheapens the argument that you happen to be right about

44cuse

OrangeDW said:
He got hurt in the 2011-12 season. And then this year's playoffs. Other than that, he's been healthy every season.

Stop. Just stop. There is no place for logic here. It's an NBA thread on a syrfan.com message board. Logic or fact or stats have no place.

44cuse

Either way you're going to get people(99% of the time, too young to have even watched those Bulls) popping off...either that the Warriors are better than those Bulls, or that Lebron is the best ever. People who talk crap about eras they didn't directly witness live, are the most annoying type of sports fans. Can't tell you how many of these dorks I have hidden from my facebook news feed because they feel the need to talk about Lebron vs.__________(fill in the blank: Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, etc.) after every single game he plays.

I saw plenty of the Bulls in their prime, I hated them, they always beat my Knicks, but anyone that thinks the Warriors are as good are delusional. Curry is the best shooter I have seen since Miller, but to put him in Mj's class is embarrassing.

Either way you're going to get people(99% of the time, too young to have even watched those Bulls) popping off...either that the Warriors are better than those Bulls, or that Lebron is the best ever. People who talk crap about eras they didn't directly witness live, are the most annoying type of sports fans. Can't tell you how many of these dorks I have hidden from my facebook news feed because they feel the need to talk about Lebron vs.__________(fill in the blank: Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc.) after every single game he plays.
Big LBJ fan here, but I find the whole LeBron/whoever vs. take-your pick to be a waste of energy.

In few, if any, other team sports do some people engage ad nauseum in who's the GOAT debate. LeBron, I'd say, is a top 10 all-timer, maybe higher, quite possibly the best sf ever. That's good enough. He'll never play against MJ or Magic or Bird or Walt Frazier or Hakeem or Ewing or anyone other than who he's playing against now and for the past 12 years. He's done good, had a great career, as the great hoops pundits Lennon and McCartney would say, let it be.

Fireball Jr. said:
Big LBJ fan here, but I find the whole LeBron/whoever vs. take-your pick to be a waste of energy. In few, if any, other team sports do some people engage ad nauseum in who's the GOAT debate. LeBron, I'd say, is a top 10 all-timer, maybe higher, quite possibly the best sf ever. That's good enough. He'll never play against MJ or Magic or Bird or Walt Frazier or Hakeem or Ewing or anyone other than who he's playing against now and for the past 12 years. He's done good, had a great career, as the great hoops pundits Lennon and McCartney would say, let it be.

He's done better than good.

44cuse

And the Bulls couldn't hit 3's? The guy coaching Gs now was a pretty good shooter back in his day.

Not even close to the Warriors though. Their spacing would have the Bulls crying for mercy.

Or more likely it would have Jordan punching his teammates.

Not even close to the Warriors though. Their spacing would have the Bulls crying for mercy.

Or more likely it would have Jordan punching his teammates.

Do you have any idea how good defenders that Mj, Pippen, and Rodman were?

Big LBJ fan here, but I find the whole LeBron/whoever vs. take-your pick to be a waste of energy.

In few, if any, other team sports do some people engage ad nauseum in who's the GOAT debate. LeBron, I'd say, is a top 10 all-timer, maybe higher, quite possibly the best sf ever. That's good enough. He'll never play against MJ or Magic or Bird or Walt Frazier or Hakeem or Ewing or anyone other than who he's playing against now and for the past 12 years. He's done good, had a great career, as the great hoops pundits Lennon and McCartney would say, let it be.

Lebron is a top 10 player ever and it's not debatable imo. The only thing you can debate is where in that top 10. I personally think top 5. Yes, believe it or not, I can respect the hell out of the guys talent. Go back a couple years on here and find me vehemently defending his ability. Search "gohamsu and Lebron"...bro.

Lebron is a top 10 player ever and it's not debatable imo. The only thing you can debate is where in that top 10. I personally think top 5. Yes, believe it or not, I can respect the hell out of the guys talent. Go back a couple years on here and find me vehemently defending his ability. Search "gohamsu and Lebron"...bro.

He pulls it off tonight, and I am putting him in the top 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom