NBA Playoffs | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Every Lebron fan I know personally. Or people here I've seen comment on the series.

It would be easier to root for him if his fans were a little less arrogant. Rubs me the wrong way TBH. I'll return to this thread after tomorrow's game. Nothing more for me to say here that can be of any value.
I live in akron. It's frustrating, lol.

But hey, they have that PG Kevin Love and that Chris Frye guy.

I like to test "Cavs fans" by telling them how much I liked the Mark Price, Ron Harper, Brad Daugherty teams. If I get a blank stare, it tells me all I need to know.
If a Cavs fan can't identify Craig Ehlo aka Michael Jordan's caddy today at Quail Hollow they aren't a legit Cavs fan.

Jordan did Ehlo in 1989 game 5 and then did it again in 1993 in ECSF game 4.
Everyone remembers 89 but they forget this one.

Honestly the thing that will help GS the most , outside of fouls, is to stop the lazy passes (won't happen), second chance points, and Barnes to remember what a basketball is.

Yeah, the passing for them has to be better. My god, Kaleb rarely threw passes half as bad as what we've seen coming out of the GS backcourt at times. Turnovers are one thing - and to be expected at times. However, some of their turnovers are just lazy, What moments that shouldn't be happening.

Best team in the league wins easily at home, after the Cavs come down to earth.

The 22 actual Cleveland Cavaliers fans are in shock, after getting their hopes up yet another time only to see their pipe dream of a championship blow up in their faces like a gag cigar.

The hundreds of thousands of Lebron-only fans scramble to update their excuse list for Monday at the water cooler.

The universe goes back into alignment and everything goes back to normal.

lol...I think GSW wins easily as well. I'm guessing either LeBron or Irving has a somewhat off-night (not disastrous, just not an all-world performance), and Golden State opens it up and pulls away.

Sorry Fireball, I'm a firm believer hat people don't like to believe numbers when they don't back up your opinion.

Lots of Lebron fans acting like this is a wrap. Just remember what JB says. Pre mature anything is never good.
I don't think it's a wrap, far from it, hope I didn't suggest it was. I expect a different Warriors team, certainly wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the hometown team with the best season record ever beats an underdog.

Last edited:
lol...I think GSW wins easily as well. I'm guessing either LeBron or Irving has a somewhat off-night (not disastrous, just not an all-world performance), and Golden State opens it up and pulls away.
It won't be lebron.. Just has the feel he can't be stopped

I have a feeling it will be a nail-biter.

I am no Lebron fan but if he loses tonight and has a good game does he still win Finals MVP?
Curry can't get it with an awful series. Draymond Green lost after his suspension and no show in game 6. I guess if Klay goes off tonight he could be the MVP but Iguadola isn't getting it. Johnny Flynn won BET MVP in 2009 even though SU lost the Finals to Louisville.

I think the Finals MVP is Lebron even if the Cavs lose or maybe Klay Thompson.

I am no Lebron fan but if he loses tonight and has a good game does he still win Finals MVP?
Curry can't get it with an awful series. Draymond Green lost after his suspension and no show in game 6. I guess if Klay goes off tonight he could be the MVP but Iguadola isn't getting it. Johnny Flynn won BET MVP in 2009 even though SU lost the Finals to Louisville.

I think the Finals MVP is Lebron even if the Cavs lose or maybe Klay Thompson.
I think we will find Curry will need some type of surgery in the off season. It's the only explanation for his play.

I think we will find Curry will need some type of surgery in the off season. It's the only explanation for his play.
Let the excuses and rationalizing begin, to go along with the ref rigging.

I expect a close game, the 5 points the Cavs are getting is mighty tempting, but I long ago discovered the wisdom of severing all ties with my book-maker friends.

GS is the favorite to win tonight and win the series, best season-record ever, two of the greatest shooters the game supposedly has ever seen, 2 genius coaches, they're at home, they've lost 2 in a row, no way they lose 3 in a row -- including 2 close-out games-- and suffer the indignity of being the "best" single-season team ever and the first team ever to blow a 3-1 finals lead.

If somehow the Cavs win, I'd hope maybe the attention would shift more to their amazing accomplishment and, yes, LeBron's, greatness. Plus, even if the Cavs lose tonight, the ballsy and controversial move in mid-season to jettison Blatt and put an untested but widely respected 38-year-old assistant in charge was genius. The Cavs are not in tonight's game without that move.

Last edited:
And, btw, if Curry does need surgery, it will be to cut off that annoying yenta he's married to. No way those two are together in 10 years.

And, btw, if Curry does need surgery, it will be to cut off that annoying yenta he's married to. No way those two are together in 10 years.
Let the excuses and rationalizing begin, to go along with the ref rigging.

I expect a close game, the 5 points the Cavs are getting is mighty tempting, but I long ago discovered the wisdom of severing all ties with my book-maker friends.

GS is the favorite to win tonight and win the series, best season-record ever, two of the greatest shooters the game supposedly has ever seen, 2 genius coaches, they're at home, they've lost 2 in a row, no way they lose 3 in a row -- including 2 close-out games-- and suffer the indignity of being the "best" single-season team ever and the first team ever to blow a 3-1 finals lead.

If somehow the Cavs win, I'd hope maybe the attention would shift more to their amazing accomplishment and, yes, LeBron's, greatness. Plus, even if the Cavs lose tonight, the ballsy and controversial move in mid-season to jettison Blatt and put an untested but widely respected 38-year-old assistant in charge was genius. The Cavs are not in tonight's game without that move.
Not rationalizing. I watched him play a lot this year. I think he is hurt. No one on GS has used it as an excuse.

Not rationalizing. I watched him play a lot this year. I think he is hurt. No one on GS has used it as an excuse.

Yeah, I dont even think this is a question. We know he got hurt! We know he came back fast for what was considered normal for that injury. And we know he hurt that knee again in game 7 against OKC.

No doubt, he may not be up to snuff, but I'd imagine players on both sides have a lotta aches, pains and nagging injuries.

The season is 82 "one-offs," a game here, a game there, never the same team back-to-back, let alone seven games.

The Cavs may well get their hineys handed to 'em tonight, but I think they deserve some credit for Steph's issues. This is a scenario I thought all season was possible after watching pretty much every minute of every Cavs game including their summer league games with Rakeem in the lineup. No more one-offs, now, 7-game slugfests where coaches and players adjust, mind games are played, the strong rise and possibly thrive.

I don't imagine Ty Lue, et al., including the team leader, just started thinking of ways to defend and attack Curry and the Warriors the day after the Toronto series ended. Steph may well go off for fiddy tonight, who knows. but I also think he and his teammates and coaches were more focused on the 73 wins than the bubbly. LeBron's been to seven finals in his 13-year career, hardly a coincidence, and played in Olympics on top of all that. I think he, at this point of his career, gets the marathon concept.

No doubt, he may not be up to snuff, but I'd imagine players on both sides have a lotta aches, pains and nagging injuries.

The season is 82 "one-offs," a game here, a game there, never the same team back-to-back, let alone seven games.

The Cavs may well get their hineys handed to 'em tonight, but I think they deserve some credit for Steph's issues. This is a scenario I thought all season was possible after watching pretty much every minute of every Cavs game including their summer league games with Rakeem in the lineup. No more one-offs, now, 7-game slugfests where coaches and players adjust, mind games are played, the strong rise and possibly thrive.

I don't imagine Ty Lue, et al., including the team leader, just started thinking of ways to defend and attack Curry and the Warriors the day after the Toronto series ended. Steph may well go off for fiddy tonight, who knows. but I also think he and his teammates and coaches were more focused on the 73 wins than the bubbly. LeBron's been to seven finals in his 13-year career, hardly a coincidence, and played in Olympics on top of all that. I think he, at this point of his career, gets the marathon concept.

Ughh.

First off, yes everyone is dinged up. Yes the season is long. You know what everyone didn't do? Miss multiple weeks in the playoffs with an injury.

Yes, Cleveland gets credit for their defense of Curry this series. No, the warriors were not just focused on 73 wins. Silly post.

Comparing anyone to Lebron James, especially physically, is stupid. Like comparing someone to Cal Ripken Jr.

MikeSU02 said:
Great post. People have overestimated Steph's defense (as it applies to this series). They've put Curry into the action almost every play. And Steph's defense when he's on a formidable offensive player, usually bigger than he is, isn't disciplined. He reaches... A lot. I know he led the league in steals, but that's why steals can be a deceptive stat. And, to be fair, LeBron and Kyrie are two very difficult players to defend. The most important thing for game seven will be consistency from the refs. Quick whistle. Letting them play. Whatever. As long as it is consistent, I'm happy.

I've stayed out of this thread as long as it's been going. How many Warriors games have you watched so that you can make such a definitive statement?

44cuse

longislandcuse said:
Then call the Cavs when they're grabbing and pushing Curry and Klay off the ball. It's hard for me to agree with the both of you when Curry gets called for ticky tack hand checks but the refs have their eyes closed on off the ball contact.

Like when LeBron was manhandling Curry on inbounds plays all series? The officiating has been terrible all series. It is what it is. IMO, it's favored the Cavs style, but I'm biased with a dog in the hunt.

And yes, I know I'm a hypocrite for implying I wouldn't post on another NBA thread at Syrfan.com, but I made it through the playoffs to game 7 so I figured that was good enough.

44cuse

Ughh.

First off, yes everyone is dinged up. Yes the season is long. You know what everyone didn't do? Miss multiple weeks in the playoffs with an injury.

Yes, Cleveland gets credit for their defense of Curry this series. No, the warriors were not just focused on 73 wins. Silly post.

Comparing anyone to Lebron James, especially physically, is stupid. Like comparing someone to Cal Ripken Jr.
You must be pretty miserable today being in Akron. Do yourself a favor, get outta town, pick up a pie at Nino's, bring it over, I'll buy plus pay your gas money and Thruway tolls. You like beer, whiskey,seltzer, somethin' else, whatever your pleasure.

BTW, you miss much of my point. You, my Rubber City homey, are on my short list of posters -- longislandcuse is far-and-away the leader -- who will be on here schadenfreuding away if, a very real possibility, the Cavs lose.

BTW, just this old head's 3 cents': I like you, even though I don't know you and probably wull never rub into you, but I think you're ready to take the next step in the art of mature discussion and debated and drop extraneous lines like "silly post." The substance of your post told me you thought my point was silly. Not necessary.

Fireball Jr. said:
Let the excuses and rationalizing begin, to go along with the ref rigging. I expect a close game, the 5 points the Cavs are getting is mighty tempting, but I long ago discovered the wisdom of severing all ties with my book-maker friends. GS is the favorite to win tonight and win the series, best season-record ever, two of the greatest shooters the game supposedly has ever seen, 2 genius coaches, they're at home, they've lost 2 in a row, no way they lose 3 in a row -- including 2 close-out games-- and suffer the indignity of being the "best" single-season team ever and the first team ever to blow a 3-1 finals lead. If somehow the Cavs win, I'd hope maybe the attention would shift more to their amazing accomplishment and, yes, LeBron's, greatness. Plus, even if the Cavs lose tonight, the ballsy and controversial move in mid-season to jettison Blatt and put an untested but widely respected 38-year-old assistant in charge was genius. The Cavs are not in tonight's game without that move.

Honestly, you've had a lot of really dumb posts in this thread. And I get people are baiting you and you want to defend LeBron. You aren't even close to how much I have defended him on this board for years, so of all people I get it. But some of the stuff you have been putting is pure bunk. And you've been called on it deservedly.

That said, this is not one of those posts as you're 100% right. If the Cavs win tonight ( which I think they will) LeBron deserves a ton of credit ( nearly all but Kyrie has been brilliant as well) and none of it will come in the greater context that you seem to emotionally striving for: his place in history. I'm the same way and think he deserves to be higher than most Syracuse fans think. There are a lot of people ( here I mean) that have let what they think is LeBron the person impact how they evaluate LeBron the player.

The NBA is not rigging the series. Agreed.

44cuse

GoHamSU said:
Ughh. First off, yes everyone is dinged up. Yes the season is long. You know what everyone didn't do? Miss multiple weeks in the playoffs with an injury.

Stop with your logic. No place for that here.

44cuse

You must be pretty miserable today being in Akron. Do yourself a favor, get outta town, pick up a pie at Nino's, bring it over, I'll buy plus pay your gas money and Thruway tolls. You like beer, whiskey,seltzer, somethin' else, whatever your pleasure.

BTW, you miss much of my point. You, my Rubber City homey, are on my short list of posters -- longislandcuse is far-and-away the leader -- who will be on here schadenfreuding away if, a very real possibility, the Cavs lose.

BTW, just this old head's 3 cents': I like you, even though I don't know you and probably wull never rub into you, but I think you're ready to take the next step in the art of mature discussion and debated and drop extraneous lines like "silly post." The substance of your post told me you thought my point was silly. Not necessary.
Stop telling me to get you a pizza

Stop telling me to get you a pizza
This, bro, is at the crux of our failure to communicate properly: never, ever, have I told you to get me a pie from Nino's. I've asked, nicely, plenty of "pleases."

Curry always getting injured is a mark against him when it comes to how good a player he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom