NBA Playoffs | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

LeBron isn't going anywhere. I think Love likely stays as well, but I'd bet any amount of money that LeBron stays in Cleveland.

I'd guess he'll take calls from Lakers/Clippers. But I don't think he leaves (at least not at this point). I do think he'll want to play with Melo and CP3 before he retires.

I think the rift with Dan Gilbert is something that can't be reconciled at this point. That is the only reason why I think he may still leave.

His plus minus tonight was only -9. Misleading stat.

Also, Curry's turnovers were all daggers. Immediate two points the other way multiple times.

I cannot believe he went behind-the-back on that pass attempt to Klay. Klay looked so pissed. There was no reason for it.

These guys were due for a setback. They should getting the team ready for the playoffs next season, and not play all out from November to April. The good part is their main three guys should be as good or get better because of their age.

Yeah, I think that's right. I'm actually glad they played for the 73 wins this year. It felt like a reflection of the kind of collection of players they are. But not sure they need, or should, do that again next year. That said, the two guys who didn't look fresh were Steph and Iggy. Everyone else looked normal.

The regression of Barnes was painful and Ezili, while not the same fall off, did not play as well as he had during the season. Sucks, but it is what it is. They were there at Game 7...and they shouldn't have been. SHould have been over before that and they have to live with that (which is what I think Draymond and Steph were saying last night).

44cuse

Yeah, I think that's right. I'm actually glad they played for the 73 wins this year. It felt like a reflection of the kind of collection of players they are. But not sure they need, or should, do that again next year. That said, the two guys who didn't look fresh were Steph and Iggy. Everyone else looked normal.

The regression of Barnes was painful and Ezili, while not the same fall off, did not play as well as he had during the season. Sucks, but it is what it is. They were there at Game 7...and they shouldn't have been. SHould have been over before that and they have to live with that (which is what I think Draymond and Steph were saying last night).

44cuse

Not trying to rub salt in your wound, since you are the biggest GS on the board that I am aware of, but I'm interested in your opinion on this topic: what the heck happened to Harrison Barnes this series? Huge factor in the series' outcome, IMO.

Not trying to rub salt in your wound, since you are the biggest GS on the board that I am aware of, but I'm interested in your opinion on this topic: what the heck happened to Harrison Barnes this series? Huge factor in the series' outcome, IMO.

The only way to believe his numbers are real are to assume that he was purposefully trying to miss shots. 3/23 on TWO pointers over the last 4 games. That's impossible.

The only way to believe his numbers are real are to assume that he was purposefully trying to miss shots. 3/23 on TWO pointers over the last 4 games. That's impossible.

I think I made this joke before but I'm convinced he made a bet with someone to see how bad he could play and still get a max deal this summer.

Lebron turned the series by getting Green to lose his cool.

Bingo. I have no way of proving this, but I feel like for sure that if Green plays Game 5 GS takes it 4-1.

Lebron lead the finals in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. That's just...I don't even know. I can't believe I thought Steph may have surpassed him this year. I'm such an idiot.

I'm not suggesting that Barnes is a world beater, but he was a consistent complimentary cog in their offensive attack. He was in the finals / won a championship last year, so it's not likely he got overwhelmed by the moment being too "big" for him, or him being inexperienced, etc.

Guy just disappeared.

Bingo. I have no way of proving this, but I feel like for sure that if Green plays Game 5 GS takes it 4-1.

Seems crazy to say that given the outcome, but I completely agree with this. It was definitely the turning point of the series.

I think the Dubs should let Barnes walk. Hassan Whiteside on that team would be intriguing.

Lacob said they are going to be aggressive. Barnes/Ezeli walk, Lacob tries to get a sit down with KD.

The first thing that has to happen is Bron deciding if he's staying in Cleveland. Everyone else comes after that.

Warriors now have a reason to go after Kevin Durant.
Durant replacing Barnes would look amazing.
Durant should look at Golden State now if he leaves OKC.

It'd be a good move for Durant to move the Warriors, however I will root against that. They can make minor moves to be just as good or better for the playoffs.

Durant should stay in OKC or go somewhere else where he can be a leader and compete against the best teams.

I'm just really sick of the entire super seam creations. More good teams are better for exciting playoffs.

I can't believe I thought Steph may have surpassed him this year. I'm such an idiot.
No you're not. Curry played all season with a purpose, got hurt, and ran out of steam in the Finals. Lebron had in-season drama and despite that knew he just had to come out of the East to have a chance, and turned it to 11 in the Finals.

We saw Curry's best for a much longer stretch of time than we saw Lebron's best.

It'd be a good move for Durant to move the Warriors, however I will root against that. They can make minor moves to be just as good or better for the playoffs.

Durant should stay in OKC or go somewhere else where he can be a leader and compete against the best teams.

I'm just really sick of the entire super seam creations. More good teams are better for exciting playoffs.
I'd like to see Durant go East.

I think I made this joke before but I'm convinced he made a bet with someone to see how bad he could play and still get a max deal this summer.

Lebron lead the finals in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. That's just...I don't even know. I can't believe I thought Steph may have surpassed him this year. I'm such an idiot.

This is a really cool stat (collection of stats?), but I think it's mainly just a result of the small ball than anything else. LeBron played 42 minutes per game in the Finals. Guys taller and or heavier than him:

Bogut: 9 minutes per game
Ezeli: 9 minutes per game
Varejao: 7 minutes per game
Love: 23 minutes per game
Thompson: 32 minutes per game
Channing Frye: 8 minutes per game

In those minutes, the only guy that had any chance of beating Lebron in anything was Thompson, and the only chance Thompson had was rebounding since Thompson is one of, if not the worst shot blocker in the league. Still, even if the big men had played decent minutes and LeBron only led the series in points, assists, and steals, he was still unbelievable in this series.

Much like I'd be completely shocked if LeBron left Cleveland, I'll be completely shocked if Durant leaves OKC this offseason.

Same. Someone needs to make the Cavs sweat in the playoffs next year.

I just don't see anyone making them sweat until LeBron's decline. The Raptors have peaked IMO. Heat are clearly declining (though they supposedly think they have a shot at Durant). Hawks are probably about to fall off. Celtics are fine, but they aren't scaring anyone unless they can find a star somewhere. And nobody else in the East is particularly close. The best hope is that by the time LeBron declines significantly, a team like Boston has found their star or Milwaukee's young talent has blossomed.

Lacob said they are going to be aggressive. Barnes/Ezeli walk, Lacob tries to get a sit down with KD.

The first thing that has to happen is Bron deciding if he's staying in Cleveland. Everyone else comes after that.

Not that I think he's leaving either, but since we're talking about guys like LeBron and Durant leaving, why not also consider Demar Derozan going to a team like Golden State? I can't see Durant going to Golden State and just trying to fit in there, but I could see DeRozan accepting a role as the #2 or 3 scoring option on that team.

Assuming he isn't leaving Toronto though, I think Golden State likely tries to get Horford or Whiteside.

Not that I think he's leaving either, but since we're talking about guys like LeBron and Durant leaving, why not also consider Demar Derozan going to a team like Golden State? I can't see Durant going to Golden State and just trying to fit in there, but I could see DeRozan accepting a role as the #2 or 3 scoring option on that team.

Assuming he isn't leaving Toronto though, I think Golden State likely tries to get Horford or Whiteside.

Derozan would not be the number 2 in Golden State over Klay...

I agree, better for the league and ratings.

I can't even fathom how you beat a team like that. You win 73 games and then add a former MVP currently in his prime. What?!

Lebron isn't going anywhere.
Derozen to the Lakers seems obvious.

I want Durant to go to the Warriors as I like that team.
Spurs want to try and get Durant well that wouldn't be the move if he leaves OKC go to GS.
Other moves I expect in FA.
Noah to Minnesota
Gasol to Boston
Conley to NYK
Whiteside to Miai

I would guess DDR is either Toronto or Lakers. I don't think he fits that well with GSW, only because he is ball dominant and cannot hit threes that consistently.

What about some under-the-radar options like Crabbe and Fournier? Versatile, can hit threes, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom