NBA scout on mccullough | Syracusefan.com

NBA scout on mccullough

Where would he go? He will have a tremendous support system including medical and training staff around him at SU while he continues his education and gets ready for next year. To me it's a no brainer. If he was tearing it up like say Okafor from Duke I could see him maybe electing to leave but there have certainly questions raised about his readiness for the NBA...

Where would he go? He will have a tremendous support system including medical and training staff around him at SU while he continues his education and gets ready for next year. To me it's a no brainer. If he was tearing it up like say Okafor from Duke I could see him maybe electing to leave but there have certainly questions raised about his readiness for the NBA...
I tend to agree. Noel when injured around the same time of year was talked about being the first pick so him still leaving wasn't a shock. Chris had been dropping and was most likely a pick in the 20's unless he picked it up which would have been possible. This injury would make it hard for him to leave most likely. It's never good to get injured, but with proper rehab he will come back strong. He will also be able to work on upper body strength while rehabbing his knee as well. I wouldn't be shocked if he's practicing in October already.

This a tough blow for him.

He blew out his knee and he's not remotely ready for the NBA.

And with the players we have returning and the incoming freshmen, no guarantee that Chris starts next year.

unfortunately it has. there is every reason to believe that CMcC can come back at full strength in pretty short order but until he does its a big minus in the "potential" equation spreadsheet.

An ACL tear doesn't really change anything.

Below are the possible Celtics draft picks. Now let's say that all conditions are met and they get 5 picks. Is it possible that they might take a shot on potential (Intl player, or someone like McCullough with the 5th pick)?

2015 draft

1st round: Boston, Clippers, Dallas1, Minnesota2, Philadelphia3
2nd round: Boston4, Philadelphia5, Washington6

How do injured players impact the salary cap? Is Embiid counting against Philly this year?

Below are the possible Celtics draft picks. Now let's say that all conditions are met and they get 5 picks. Is it possible that they might take a shot on potential (Intl player, or someone like McCullough with the 5th pick)?

2015 draft
1st round
: Boston, Clippers, Dallas1, Minnesota2, Philadelphia3

How do injured players impact the salary cap? Is Embiid counting against Philly this year?

If McCullough goes fifth to Boston, Danny Ainge will get fired.

Sorry I meant the 5th of their 5 1st rd picks, not 5th overall.

An ACL tear is one of the more serious injuries a player can endure in basketball. I'd imagine a prospect like CMac losses a few points due to the uncertainty of how he'll bounce back from the injury and the fact that he won't be able to workout for any of the teams prior to the draft.

i've read tons of posts here on how the NBA drafts potential. his potential hasn't changed.
Sure it has. He is potentially great! He potentially will not recover sufficiently to play at NBA level. Very, very different potentials, both based upon reality.

2015 draft
1st round

Disabled player exception for Embiid I would think.

CM has to come back, he was like a bad stock on a downward trend that was heading into bankruptcy. I know he has all the talent in the world but he wasn't heading in the right direction draft wise. Unless there are academic issues he really does need to come back and show something to be a lottery pick, otherwise he is looking at a Grant situation and if that's the case be better hope he's picked by a team that is that bad.

An ACL tear is one of the more serious injuries a player can endure in basketball. I'd imagine a prospect like CMac losses a few points due to the uncertainty of how he'll bounce back from the injury and the fact that he won't be able to workout for any of the teams prior to the draft.

It's serious in the sense that rehabilitation takes six to eight months, but he's almost certain to return to 100%.

I Can think of afew injuries in basketball that are far less preferable. DC 2s for example.

there is a small percentage that he will not recover. again, small but still there.

within a year it should be a non-issue. hopefully he still come back with greater upper body strength too.

2015 draft
1st round

Disabled player exception for Embiid I would think.

Philly is so far under the cap it does not matter. People will dump salaries onto them near the deadline t0 reduce their tax, and Philly will absorb for a few assets.

But yes I believe a team would get an exception for long term injured players if requested.

Philly is so far under the cap it does not matter. People will dump salaries onto them near the deadline t0 reduce their tax, and Philly will absorb for a few assets.

But yes I believe a team would get an exception for long term injured players if requested.

I wonder if there is a caveat for drafting a player who is injured, as opposed to a guy getting injured after you acquire him. Like you said, in the case of Philly, it's irrelevant.

I admit, I feel a little weird talking about how this injury impacts the NBA chances for McCullough. But i think he's probably back.

Given current medical technology you're probably right about most cases, but I can't believe that an NBA would COMPLETELY dismiss an ACL tear when evaluating a player. There are some examples where players don't make 100% recoveries. I know it is a different sport, but RGIII in Washington is nowhere near as explosive as he was before his ACL injury sustained against Seattle in the playoffs his rookie season. (Though admittedly it was the second time he tore it). Even if a player recovers his athleticism 100%, there is no guarantee it doesn't change his mental approach to the game - sometimes players will change their playing style to try to avoid repeat injuries...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom