NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

The nets without their stars have played exceptionally well. The other night they handled the clippers and that was with Kawhi putting up 39. Lavert is a big part of that. The bubble has really showed what a star this kid is. Look out next year holy smokes.

Will be interesting to see how they gel. But on paper, KD-Kyrie-LeVert is as good of a big 3 as there is. And they’ve got all kinds of nice role players. Hopefully KD can come back and be close to what he was.

The excitement around the bubble both from teams and fans will give the mid season tournament idea the final push it needed to get over the finish line if I had to guess

No doubt

The nets without their stars have played exceptionally well. The other night they handled the clippers and that was with Kawhi putting up 39. Lavert is a big part of that. The bubble has really showed what a star this kid is. Look out next year holy smokes.
And without George, Beverley, and Harrell.

The Blazers do this like every game. As fun as they are to watch, the defense is just not nearly consistent enough to actually win a series against LA imo, barring an unbelievably insane run.

I agree. Blazers have been an awesome story and Lillard is killing it, but I think the Lakers will slice that defense up.

I agree. Blazers have been an awesome story and Lillard is killing it, but I think the Lakers will slice that defense up.

The fact that the Blazers have zero bench beyond Gary Trent Jr. does not bode well for them against LA, especially considering that it seems like every game they have played in the bubble has been a track meet that went down to the wire. Those guys gotta be gassed.

The fact that the Blazers have zero bench beyond Gary Trent Jr. does not bode well for them against LA, especially considering that it seems like every game they have played in the bubble has been a track meet that went down to the wire. Those guys gotta be gassed.

Dame is playing 41.7 minutes per game in the bubble, and they've basically been playing every other day. Plus there's a chance they need to play tomorrow and Sunday before their playoff series would begin on Tuesday

While I agree depth is an issue, let’s not forget Hassan Whiteside.

One other thing - the lotto odds were all locked in before the bubble, right? Like, Phoenix's run didn't do anything to their draft, right?

Also, where did that come from? What made Phoenix so competitive in the bubble? It's weird. Good weird. But weird.

One other thing - the lotto odds were all locked in before the bubble, right? Like, Phoenix's run didn't do anything to their draft, right?

Also, where did that come from? What made Phoenix so competitive in the bubble? It's weird. Good weird. But weird.

I read on RealGM forum that the lotto odds were locked up, except for those that got into the playoffs. For example Portland if they continue their run into the playoffs would not be in the lottery, and Memphis would be in the lottery but with the least balls.

I read on RealGM forum that the lotto odds were locked up, except for those that got into the playoffs. For example Portland if they continue their run into the playoffs would not be in the lottery, and Memphis would be in the lottery but with the least balls.
Correct.
The top 5 will have same draft odds like last year.
Draft order lottery will determine top 4 and then use record to fill in spots 5-14.

This draft sucks so it honestly doesn’t matter who gets top picks this year.
None of these guys are that appealing.
Wiseman/Edwards/Ball are probably the top 3 and all need a lot of work and development.

Kudos for the NBA pulling this off so well.

Part of me still believes that there are some night time "entertainers" that are at some of the hotels... but like the NBA players they had to be quarantined on entrance and can't come and go.

Correct.
The top 5 will have same draft odds like last year.
Draft order lottery will determine top 4 and then use record to fill in spots 5-14.

This draft sucks so it honestly doesn’t matter who gets top picks this year.
None of these guys are that appealing.
Wiseman/Edwards/Ball are probably the top 3 and all need a lot of work and development.
Eh, there's someone that can make a difference in every draft. Just got to find them.

MCW's draft sucked but you've got Giannis and Gobert winning MVP and DPOY and dudes like Oladipo and McCollum. Those are trajectory changing picks.

Eh, there's someone that can make a difference in every draft. Just got to find them.

MCW's draft sucked but you've got Giannis and Gobert winning MVP and DPOY and dudes like Oladipo and McCollum. Those are trajectory changing picks.

Yeah there will always be guys, but it at least seems like they are a lot harder to identify this year, making the top pick a little less valuable.

Which, to me, makes it inevitable the Knicks will move up in the lotto for the first time in 30 years or whatever and win the damn thing

Last edited:
DId you guys kn

Yeah there will always be guys, but it at least seems like they are a lot harder to identify this year, making the top pick a little less valuable.

Which, to me, makes it inevitable the Knicks will move up in the lotto for the first time in 30 years or whatever and win the damn thing
I am just glad their is no franchise player and the Warriors get rewarded for their franchise players taking a deserved rest year after playing an extra season of games over 5 years of playoffs.
Whomever the Warriors get will a young prospect with work to grow. There really isn’t any player that would be plug and play for them to become a contender next year.

I am just glad their is no franchise player and the Warriors get rewarded for their franchise players taking a deserved rest year after playing an extra season of games over 5 years of playoffs.
Whomever the Warriors get will a young prospect with work to grow. There really isn’t any player that would be plug and play for them to become a contender next year.

I believe they have a trade exception from the Iggy trade, there's at least been talk they move the pick and use the exception to get a player back

I believe they have a trade exception from the Iggy trade, there's at least been talk they move the pick and use the exception to get a player back
I am trying to come up with guys who could get dealt and be all stars?
Every single team in the West realistically could think they are a playoff team next year.
All 15. That is how deep that conference is.

Joel Embiid. Could maybe shoot his way out of Philly. If they flame out but what could the Warriors offer them?

Don’t see anymore stars out there the Warriors could target.

Kudos for the NBA pulling this off so well.

Part of me still believes that there are some night time "entertainers" that are at some of the hotels... but like the NBA players they had to be quarantined on entrance and can't come and go.
Donovan Mitchell "accidentally" went live on Instagram and you could clearly hear a woman moaning in the background lol. Unless the team was watching Pron together, they've clearly been able to sneak some people in.

Re: Warriors pick talk, it'll really boil down to how teams view these guys at the top of the draft (and also, where Golden State's pick ultimately ends up). Kevin Pelton's projections for example have LaMelo as one of the best draft prospects of the decade. If a team out there really views him as an uber-elite prospect like that, teams might be able to fetch more trading their pick than we'd think.

Re: Warriors pick talk, it'll really boil down to how teams view these guys at the top of the draft (and also, where Golden State's pick ultimately ends up). Kevin Pelton's projections for example have LaMelo as one of the best draft prospects of the decade. If a team out there really views him as an uber-elite prospect like that, teams might be able to fetch more trading their pick than we'd think.

Really? I kinda skimmed over that article, I may need to go back and read it.

I am trying to come up with guys who could get dealt and be all stars?
Every single team in the West realistically could think they are a playoff team next year.
All 15. That is how deep that conference is.

Joel Embiid. Could maybe shoot his way out of Philly. If they flame out but what could the Warriors offer them?

Don’t see anymore stars out there the Warriors could target.

I don't think the exception would even get you Embiid, he makes too much. It looks like it's about $17 million, so I think maybe you could get someone up to like $20 or so? Certainly no superstars or anything.

But an unknown is going to be what kind of shape some of these teams are in financially, it's possible you have teams that are willing to trade a vet for a first rounder to get off a contract and save some money.

I'm totally stealing this from here (Dubs in-depth: What should the Warriors do with trade exception?.)
but

Anthony Slater of The Athletic looked at 10 players whose salaries work for the Dubs to target with their exception.

Here are the options Slater listed:

Guards: Josh Richardson (76ers), Marcus Smart (Celtics)

Wings/forwards: Robert Covington (Rockets), Thaddeus Young (Bulls), Kelly Oubre (Suns), Aaron Gordon (Magic), Rudy Gay (Spurs), Andre Iguodala (Heat)

Centers: Kelly Olynyk (Heat), Dewayne Dedmon (Hawks)

We aren't talking any stars here (and LOL at having Iggy on the list).

Really? I kinda skimmed over that article, I may need to go back and read it.

I don't think the exception would even get you Embiid, he makes too much. It looks like it's about $17 million, so I think maybe you could get someone up to like $20 or so? Certainly no superstars or anything.

But an unknown is going to be what kind of shape some of these teams are in financially, it's possible you have teams that are willing to trade a vet for a first rounder to get off a contract and save some money.

I'm totally stealing this from here (Dubs in-depth: What should the Warriors do with trade exception?.)
but

We aren't talking any stars here (and LOL at having Iggy on the list).
Can they package Trade exception, Andruw Wiggins and a top 5 pick?

The shot making ability at the nba level is insanity. It’s to the point in some games where you’re shocked when a team misses and even misses are often right on target.

When Dame pulls up from 35 you still think he's gonna make it.
Can they package Trade exception, Andruw Wiggins and a top 5 pick?

Can't package the exception with another player. I think you can do it with a pick though. The salary cap FAQ from Larry Coon website seems to be down though, so if I'm wrong, oh well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom