NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

When Dame pulls up from 35 you still think he's gonna make it.

Can't package the exception with another player. I think you can do it with a pick though. The salary cap FAQ from Larry Coon website seems to be down though, so if I'm wrong, oh well

They can combine it with draft picks.

Really? I kinda skimmed over that article, I may need to go back and read it.

I don't think the exception would even get you Embiid, he makes too much. It looks like it's about $17 million, so I think maybe you could get someone up to like $20 or so? Certainly no superstars or anything.

But an unknown is going to be what kind of shape some of these teams are in financially, it's possible you have teams that are willing to trade a vet for a first rounder to get off a contract and save some money.

I'm totally stealing this from here (Dubs in-depth: What should the Warriors do with trade exception?.)
but

We aren't talking any stars here (and LOL at having Iggy on the list).
I feel like Aaron Gordon is a dude that just has never been in a great situation in Orlando.

Put him in an org that knows what they're doing (San Antonio) and I think he's a different guy overnight.

Also he was pretty good in Uncle Drew.

I agree. Blazers have been an awesome story and Lillard is killing it, but I think the Lakers will slice that defense up.
They will and they will win the series, but who is going to guard Lillard? I think the Blazers give them a scare.

When Dame pulls up from 35 you still think he's gonna make it.

Can't package the exception with another player. I think you can do it with a pick though. The salary cap FAQ from Larry Coon website seems to be down though, so if I'm wrong, oh well

I am fairly certain you are correct -- a TPE cannot be packaged with another player.

Re: Warriors pick talk, it'll really boil down to how teams view these guys at the top of the draft (and also, where Golden State's pick ultimately ends up). Kevin Pelton's projections for example have LaMelo as one of the best draft prospects of the decade. If a team out there really views him as an uber-elite prospect like that, teams might be able to fetch more trading their pick than we'd think.

Im just glad the dad finally sat his goofy ass down. That act wore thin real quick.

The shot making ability at the nba level is insanity. It’s to the point in some games where you’re shocked when a team misses and even misses are often right on target.

Yup. A lot of these teams just have so many shooters. If you’ve got one guy who can’t be checked off the dribble, it makes that team almost impossible to guard because they all got 3 other shooters out there at least.

Makes me think of some of my old favorites growing up. My guys Mark Price and Nick Van Exel would kill in this era even more than they did in their own eras.

wasnt sure where to put this and I'm not sure if its been shared on here yet or not but thought it was worth sharing.

Doris Burke from the top rope on California Bill Simmons.

Well said Doris.

I also don't think Simmons meant it this way, but not the best look to basically demean the passing of the black guy as resulting in "cheap assists" and comparing Luka to Larry Bird as the guys with real assists.

I'm hard on Melo because I love him. Not shooting well today.

Pelicans taking Zion over Ja was terrible.

Blazers’ d is so bad, every game is so similar it’s amazing .

I'm hard on Melo because I love him. Not shooting well today.

Pelicans taking Zion over Ja was terrible.
Ja can’t shoot.
He is taking advantage of the blazers lack of s defensive guard.
If Ja can’t get to the rim he struggles.
Zion is the better prospect.

If the Blazers win this game that stupid technical on Grayson Allen will be what I remember.
Such a stupid immature technical.

I disagree. Zion is fat.
Blake Griffin missed his entire rookie year and turned into a good pro.

Zion is a year younger than Ja.
Let him get a full year of developing.

Zion’s athleticism is off the charts and you think he is fat.

If the Blazers win this game that stupid technical on Grayson Allen will be what I remember.
Such a stupid immature technical.

I mean, it was a really bad blown call though.

...and another

The Blazers don’t have any guards who can play any defense?
I mean Blazers D is so bad.

The Blazers don’t have any guards who can play any defense?
I mean Blazers D is so bad.
Gary Trent is probably their best defender in the guard rotation and he’d be the worst on most teams. This is why I’ve been saying for like 5 years now that they should trade CJ. Him and Lillard will never translate into being a real contender. They’re just too big of liabilities defensively, especially without a rim protector behind them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom