NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 110 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Melo with a nice soft miss to set up that 3 point play. Give him an assist.

I think Lakers win in 4 or maybe 5 lopsided games but Portland still has a better shot than Memphis would have and I’m excited to see Melo in a playoff series again.

blazers guards can put really pressure on Lakers lack of backcourt dept. Agree Lakers are heavy favorites, but I could see it going six or more pending Blazers D

I like the Blazers but the Lakers will sweep them.

LeBron will pick and roll the Blazers D to death.

Gary Trent Jr. can not defend playoff LeBron.

If the Blazers had a guy like Marcus Smart or Malcolm Brogdon who could have some defense they would be a threat.

That defense will surrender 120 PPG this first round.
Danny Green is going to nail a ton of open 3’s and LeBron will drive the ball anytime he wants.

Blazers have nothing to lose. There's no pressure. They're the hunters. The Lakers are the ones with expectations.

The Blazers just need to do enough for doubt to creep into the Lakers locker room and then see what happens.

I think Lakers win in 4 or maybe 5 lopsided games but Portland still has a better shot than Memphis would have and I’m excited to see Melo in a playoff series again.
Portland has enough offense to get it to 6

Morant is outrageously quick (and apparently played the last 4 games with a broken thumb). I still would take Zion, but there are some fitness issues there.

I still think the Lakers are gonna roll Portland, but Nurk has been huge for them. Whiteside was -13 in 13 minutes for them today.

Morant is outrageously quick (and apparently played the last 4 games with a broken thumb). I still would take Zion, but there are some fitness issues there.

I still think the Lakers are gonna roll Portland, but Nurk has been huge for them. Whiteside was -13 in 13 minutes for them today.

His stop and start ability really stood out today; it's absolutely freakish. I hope he can learn how to shoot off the dribble. Would have been fun to see him in the playoffs; I think over the course of a full series teams would pick his game apart but he'd be better for it in the long run. Very exciting prospect though; I thought his jumper would hold him back more than it did this year.

His stop and start ability really stood out today; it's absolutely freakish. I hope he can learn how to shoot off the dribble. Would have been fun to see him in the playoffs; I think over the course of a full series teams would pick his game apart but he'd be better for it in the long run. Very exciting prospect though; I thought his jumper would hold him back more than it did this year.

Probably didnt hurt that the Portland defense is so bad either. I agree the jumper is very meh, he needs to step that up. but you see him in the pick and roll and he's just unbelievable. He was getting to the rim every time he wanted to in the second half

Probably didnt hurt that the Portland defense is so bad either. I agree the jumper is very meh, he needs to step that up. but you see him in the pick and roll and he's just unbelievable. He was getting to the rim every time he wanted to in the second half

Some of the skip passes he was throwing were absolutely insane to see from a rookie too. Looked like his vision was completely blocked at times and he was still throwing dimes.

I would hope Memphis wins the draft lottery a kid like Wiseman is exactly what they would need to be really good.

Outside of Sacramento and Minnesota who absolutely would be playoff contenders in the East next year the other 13 teams are going to be battling for the playoffs.

Posted this on main board too

Would anyone take Draymond Green over Melo in their prime years? A buddy made a Facebook poll of this And people actually chose green. Clearly some orange bias here but that’s a joke right?

Posted this on main board too

Would anyone take Draymond Green over Melo in their prime years? A buddy made a Facebook poll of this And people actually chose green. Clearly some orange bias here but that’s a joke right?
Draymond Green is way closer to the past his prime Dennis Rodman on the second three-peat Bulls than was Carmelo Anthony.

Anthony led the league in scoring and carried sub par teams.

If you are picking who would be a better fit on the Warriors with Steph/Klay and Durant then Green over Melo makes sense.

If it’s whose a better player its melo.
I feel like Draymond Green is one of those guys who is on the Ben Wallace all stars where they are underrated for a good portion of their careers then everyone talks about how underrated and important they are and they become overrated.

I like the Blazers but the Lakers will sweep them.

LeBron will pick and roll the Blazers D to death.

Gary Trent Jr. can not defend playoff LeBron.

If the Blazers had a guy like Marcus Smart or Malcolm Brogdon who could have some defense they would be a threat.

That defense will surrender 120 PPG this first round.
Danny Green is going to nail a ton of open 3’s and LeBron will drive the ball anytime he wants.

I know that Ariza isn't what he was in his prime, buy man could they use him in this matchup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom