NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Gotta give the NBA people on this board credit almost everybody had Luka as the best player in that draft and Phoenix passed him for Ayton.
Now Sacramento actually had a reason to pass on him since Luka wanted no part of Sacramento and would have stayed in Europe or used that as leverage.
Phoenix were the ones that messed up.

Doncic looks like a star.

They probably could've made the trade with Dallas that Atlanta did though. If nothing else. Maybe dropping from 2 to 5 was too much

My list of positives for the second half is much longer than the first half.

Why Houston will never win anything...

"They're going to be fine," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "It's sad to say, but we're not going to win 82 games this year. Now we've got a chance to win 81."

what a moronic quote. Game 1. You had a huge lead much of the game. Greek Freak fouls out with 5 minutes left, and you lose at home. And you give this type of pablum quote. If you watch how the Rockets plays "( I watch most of their games) you can instantly tell when its about to collapse..and I could tell from the complete lack of energy from the first couple minutes of the second half, this game was going to be at best be very close .

so players had no energy. then cut to bench shots of D'antoni with a look on his face like he'd rather be watching Matlock .

Last edited:
I cannot believe this Clippers team is getting Paul George in November.

They are a machine. When they throw out Bev, Harkless, Kawhi, PG and Trezz, that lineup is going to shut teams down.

Kawhi is the best player in the NBA right now.

Why Houston will never win anything...

"They're going to be fine," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "It's sad to say, but we're not going to win 82 games this year. Now we've got a chance to win 81."

what a moronic quote. Game 1. You had a huge lead much of the game. Greek Freak fouls out with 5 minutes left, and you lose at home. And you give this type of pablum quote. If you watch how the Rockets plays "( I watch most of their game) you can instantly tell when its about to collapse..and I could tell from the complete lack of energy from the first couple minutes of the second half, this game was going to be at best be very close .

so players had no energy. then cut to bench shots of D'antoni with a look on his face like he'd rather be watching Matlock .
Harden doesn't help. When that guy stops caring, he really stops caring.

They are a machine. When they throw out Bev, Harkless, Kawhi, PG and Trezz, that lineup is going to shut teams down.

I don't see anyone beating them in a 7 game series if they are healthy. They are tough enough without PG. They have depth, shooting, toughness. I LOVE Harrell. Houston gave him up in the chris paul trade and he's actually more valuable than CP3

Harden doesn't help. When that guy stops caring, he really stops caring.

that is true. but I don't think he stops caring so much as he never cares but when his stuff goes in and he doesn't care, nobody notices he's not caring.

I know he's probably going to the Lakers, but imagine the defense if you add Iggy into the mix. Bev/Iggy/PG/Kawhi. Good lord

Speaking of defense, was super impressed with Dajounte Murray on Wed. Guy was everywhere.

No surprise they're really, really good. I do think they're at least beatable though, which is more than I could say about the Warriors during their run. Their defense will make any series hell though.

When the Jazz win tonight there's going to be full blown panic in Laker land.

Why do I feel Steve Kerr is going to get back problems this year and won’t finish the season.

Steph is going to lead the league in scoring but that team really needs Wily Cauley-Stein or they only have Draymond who can play any D.

Zubac with 16 and 10 in 17 minutes. Cool
Mike Muscala trade, guys!

FWIW, the story on the Zubac/Muscala trade from an "insider" awhile back that seems to be held in high regard on Lakers reddit was that Zubac started getting more minutes and Javale got pretty frustrated. Either he or his agent complained to management about feeling misled on what his role would be and that if they weren't going to play him more he wanted out. Javale is really well liked around the league and has quite a few friends on teams all over the league so last thing Lakers wanted going into such a huge summer where they needed free agents was to have Javale telling anyone who asked that the Lakers are a mess and to stay away. To avoid that, Lakers front office literally just called up the Clippers and said can you take Zubac off our hands.

Who knows if it's true but I think I kinda believe it, or atleast think it's not totally implausible.

Why do I feel Steve Kerr is going to get back problems this year and won’t finish the season.

Steph is going to lead the league in scoring but that team really needs Wily Cauley-Stein or they only have Draymond who can play any D.

It's only one game and I know they have some pieces out but Warriors did not look good last night.

They don't have much scoring punch and Steph's life is going to be so much harder night in and night out when teams can put more focus on him now that Klay and KD aren't out there with him. I think that wears on him as the season progresses.

Defensively they just don't look that good. You don't lose defenders like Klay, KD, Iggy and replace them with below average defenders and not take a major step back.

I know he's probably going to the Lakers, but imagine the defense if you add Iggy into the mix. Bev/Iggy/PG/Kawhi. Good lord

Speaking of defense, was super impressed with Dajounte Murray on Wed. Guy was everywhere.
Murray is an easy guy to forget about but he's a really good player.

It's only one game and I know they have some pieces out but Warriors did not look good last night.

They don't have much scoring punch and Steph's life is going to be so much harder night in and night out when teams can put more focus on him now that Klay and KD aren't out there with him. I think that wears on him as the season progresses.

Defensively they just don't look that good. You don't lose defenders like Klay, KD, Iggy and replace them with below average defenders and not take a major step back.
Russell will give them scoring he is just bad on defense.
Their backcourt is bad defensively and outside of Green last night they were abused by the Clippers.
They will still score but it won’t be easy without Klay doing all the backcourt dirty work.

Their backcourt is bad defensively and outside of Green last night they were abused by the Clippers.
They will still score but it won’t be easy without Klay doing all the backcourt dirty work.

It's hard to judge them against the Clips. Obviously this version isn't going to win a title, but the Lakers got 27 points from Danny Green and still lost by double digits. So maybe the Lakers aren't as good as people think(i think they aren't that good) or the Clippers are really just that good(i think they are).

Russell is good and can score but he's far and away their #2 option if Klay isn't back and the last three years he's averaged 15,15 and then 21 in his breakout year. Which isn't awful but I don't know who else on their roster can average even over 14 a game.
And when your defense is going to be below average to bad you're going to need to outscore people in a shootout to win more often than not and I don't think they have the firepower for that over the course of an 82 game season.

It's hard to judge them against the Clips. Obviously this version isn't going to win a title, but the Lakers got 27 points from Danny Green and still lost by double digits. So maybe the Lakers aren't as good as people think(i think they aren't that good) or the Clippers are really just that good(i think they are).
The Clippers are good. That is without question the Warriors were just making to easy for them to score and that was without Paul George.
Clippers had 111 points thru 3 quarters and shot 63% for the game.

That was terrible defense by Golden State. They don’t have any decent defenders if WCS doesn’t comeback outside of Green.
That Curry-Russell backcourt is probably the worst defensive backcourt in the league and that factors in Westbrook-Harden.

Lakers will be fine. The game was tied going into the 4th, LeBron played poorly, Green shot great but rest of team shot pretty poorly for the most part, Kuzma will give them another scorer, Rondo will give another ball handler and some structure to the offense, chemistry will improve from game 1 with all the new pieces and they'll be right there at the end of the season in the conversation of contenders.

Will they win a ring? Odds are they probably won't but anytime you have a healthy LeBron and AD in a 7 game series I think you have a chance.

Lakers will be fine. The game was tied going into the 4th, LeBron played poorly, Green shot great but rest of team shot pretty poorly for the most part, Kuzma will give them another scorer, Rondo will give another ball handler and some structure to the offense, chemistry will improve from game 1 with all the new pieces and they'll be right there at the end of the season in the conversation of contenders.

Will they win a ring? Odds are they probably won't but anytime you have a healthy LeBron and AD in a 7 game series I think you have a chance.

I for one can’t wait for LeBron to get into it with Rondo when he returns. If there’s ever a player that does not fit with LeBron it’s a point guard who can’t shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom