NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Lakers will be fine. The game was tied going into the 4th, LeBron played poorly, Green shot great but rest of team shot pretty poorly for the most part, Kuzma will give them another scorer, Rondo will give another ball handler and some structure to the offense, chemistry will improve from game 1 with all the new pieces and they'll be right there at the end of the season in the conversation of contenders.

Will they win a ring? Odds are they probably won't but anytime you have a healthy LeBron and AD in a 7 game series I think you have a chance.

My concern with Rondo-Green-Bron-Kuzma-Davis is lack of shooting. Teams will clog the paint on a LeBron/Davis pick and roll even with that lineup...even moreso if we’ve got McGee/Howard in there. It’s almost like we have to play Bradley over Rondo with that unit to get more shooting in there. Cook and Daniels can shoot, but little else.

My concern with Rondo-Green-Bron-Kuzma-Davis is lack of shooting. Teams will clog the paint on a LeBron/Davis pick and roll even with that lineup...even moreso if we’ve got McGee/Howard in there. It’s almost like we have to play Bradley over Rondo to get more shooting in there. Cook and Daniels can shoot, but little else.

That's pretty much why I think Bradley is so important to the Lakers playoff success. Rondo isn't what he used to be in terms of a playmaker to offset his lack of shooting come playoff time. They'll need Bradley to help space the floor for LeBron/AD pick and rolls. If he can do that then with Green, Kuzma and Bradley spreading defenses out they can be tough to cover and I think that's a good enough defensive lineup as well.
I don't think the AD at the 4 lineup will be able to be used much in the playoffs. Maybe if they have a lead they go big to try and buy a few minutes of a defense and rebound heavy lineup to hold the line? But that lineup will really struggle to score. Cook and KCP were pretty disappointing on Tuesday. I didn't expect greatness from either one but Cook looked nervous which is weird considering all the big GSW moments he was a part of and KCP just didn't really give them anything on either end.

You'll probably think I'm crazy but I think Dudley is actually going to end up being a big rotation piece they rely on. He'll make open 3's and defensively will be in the right spots and help other guys get in the right spots.

My concern with Rondo-Green-Bron-Kuzma-Davis is lack of shooting. Teams will clog the paint on a LeBron/Davis pick and roll even with that lineup...even moreso if we’ve got McGee/Howard in there. It’s almost like we have to play Bradley over Rondo with that unit to get more shooting in there. Cook and Daniels can shoot, but little else.
My concern is you aren't getting Dwight Howard enough shots.

I don't see anyone beating them in a 7 game series if they are healthy. They are tough enough without PG. They have depth, shooting, toughness. I LOVE Harrell. Houston gave him up in the chris paul trade and he's actually more valuable than CP3
Is their current line-up better than the Raptors were last year? If you have KL you are the favorite until someone proves otherwise.

FWIW, the story on the Zubac/Muscala trade from an "insider" awhile back that seems to be held in high regard on Lakers reddit was that Zubac started getting more minutes and Javale got pretty frustrated. Either he or his agent complained to management about feeling misled on what his role would be and that if they weren't going to play him more he wanted out. Javale is really well liked around the league and has quite a few friends on teams all over the league so last thing Lakers wanted going into such a huge summer where they needed free agents was to have Javale telling anyone who asked that the Lakers are a mess and to stay away. To avoid that, Lakers front office literally just called up the Clippers and said can you take Zubac off our hands.

Who knows if it's true but I think I kinda believe it, or atleast think it's not totally implausible.

On the surface the trade made zero sense, so I wouldn’t be surprised if something like that was the reason.

Still, it feels like if they were determined to trade Zubac for that reason they still could’ve gotten more for him.

don't want to read too much into 2 games, especially when one is against an obviously overmatched squad

but, wow, the clippers look good. trez is going to get paid next year

On the surface the trade made zero sense, so I wouldn’t be surprised if something like that was the reason.

Still, it feels like if they were determined to trade Zubac for that reason they still could’ve gotten more for him.

Yeah it's super confusing on how you deal him to your roommates for next to nothing when there had to be rebuilding teams that would have some interest.

Yeah it's super confusing on how you deal him to your roommates for next to nothing when there had to be rebuilding teams that would have some interest.
Forget rebuilding teams.

Smart teams.

taking my boy to his first nba game tonight, lakers v jazz. i bought a "hong kong democracy" shirt to wear.

my best friend wife told me in no uncertain terms i was not to wear it.

so look for the sad man in a plain gray t-shirt

taking my boy to his first nba game tonight, lakers v jazz. i bought a "hong kong democracy" shirt to wear.

Layers of humor here.

So just to go on record ... I’m OUT on the rockets..

Now you may say ... but NOBODY thinks the rockets are going to win anything ..

That’s not what I mean . I mean I’m OUT on this team finishing any higher than 7th or 8th in the conference .. they may not make the playoffs.

Dallas is better

That’s not what I mean . I mean I’m OUT on this team finishing any higher than 7th or 8th in the conference .. they may not make the playoffs.

Dallas is better
okc may be better

Lakers will be fine. The game was tied going into the 4th, LeBron played poorly, Green shot great but rest of team shot pretty poorly for the most part, Kuzma will give them another scorer, Rondo will give another ball handler and some structure to the offense, chemistry will improve from game 1 with all the new pieces and they'll be right there at the end of the season in the conversation of contenders.

Will they win a ring? Odds are they probably won't but anytime you have a healthy LeBron and AD in a 7 game series I think you have a chance.

I'm on the Bald Mamba bandwagon.

Last edited:

Why, is she a LeBron fan?

“In the 12 minutes that James and Davis shared the court Friday without McGee or Dwight Howard in the lineup, the Lakers had an offensive efficiency of 128 points per 100 possessions and a plus-minus of plus-6, according to NBA Advanced Stats.”

Hmmm. You don’t say.

Dallas is better

I think they’ll be closer to the 1 seed than missing the playoffs

“In the 12 minutes that James and Davis shared the court Friday without McGee or Dwight Howard in the lineup, the Lakers had an offensive efficiency of 128 points per 100 possessions and a plus-minus of plus-6, according to NBA Advanced Stats.”

Hmmm. You don’t say.

It's 12 minutes, small sample, blah blah blah. I think it's obvious to everyone, except maybe Anthony Davis, that if the Lakers are going to win the title, then he's going to have to play a lot of minutes, at least the important ones, at the 5.

It's 12 minutes, small sample, blah blah blah. I think it's obvious to everyone, except maybe Anthony Davis, that if the Lakers are going to win the title, then he's going to have to play a lot of minutes, at least the important ones, at the 5.

If we want to score, we have to mostly use that. The first half with McGee/Howard in at the 5 the whole time...it was a freakin rock fight.

Davis wants to be a perimeter player, but the problem is he’s a mediocre shooter.

Grant Williams is a better player than I thought. I hated that draft pick but he is playing the Draymond Green 5 role when the Celtics play small.
Rebounding is off the hook with that guy on the floor.
Celtics at Knicks is a DVR game tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom