NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 116 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

If your going to eject a star player from a playoff game it better be egregious.

I don’t even want to watch this trash anymore - Refs ruined what was looking to be a great game.

Only hope is Luka goes super saiyan.

Looking on Twitter, this might be the most unifying topic our country has had in 2020.

Last edited:
1597719878576.png

No foul on that "block" on Marjanovic?

Luka did a hell of a job keeping it close. What a pathetically couple of calls to send Porzingis to the locker room. I can't stand the Morris twins. Still a couple immature BB gun punks from Adidas Kansas LLC.

The 76ers tanking got them Simmons and Embiid. However look at what they have screwed up and watching their team botch a perfect contention window by.
1. Trading up for Markelle Fultz where they could have just taken Jayson Tatum.
2. keeping Brett Brown when the guy has done a pretty bad job.
3. trading Mikal Bridges for Zhaire Smith
4. Trading 2 starters for Jimmy Butler and then trading Butler for 1 starter.
5. trading multiple first round picks and Landry Shamet for Tobias Harris
6. Giving Tobias Harris the largest contract on the team resigning Tobias Harris over Jimmy Butler last summer.
7. signing Al Horford to a 4 year 100 million dollar contract.

Amazing how the tanking worked and they screwed it up.

Also how do all these tanks rebuild and yet the Knicks can’t just rebuild.

Last edited:
NBA wants Tinseltown vs Tinseltown? Sure looks like it after last night. Dallas can win this series, but tough to do it 5 on 8.

The 76ers tanking got them Simmons and Embiid. However look at what they have screwed up and watching their team botch a perfect contention window by.
6. Giving Tobias Harris the largest contract on the team resigning Tobias Harris over Jimmy Butler last summer.

I'll give them a pass for selecting Fultz because he was the consensus #1 prospect and something bizarre clearly happened there. Certainly fair to question trading up at all, but once they did, it really only made sense to do so for Fultz.

Agreed, Brown should have been fired years ago. It's really no different than Kidd or Scott Brooks; he was fine for developing young guys but the team is past that stage of the rebuild now and he's clearly not good enough to win a title with.

Smith was an intriguing prospect as a Bucks fan at the time, but the only way Philly was ever going to work with Embiid & Simmons as the foundation was by adding as much shooting as possible. If they still wanted to trade down, Kevin Huerter should have been the pick.

The trades for Butler and Tobias were both horrible. Butler because he's pretty much a non-shooter himself and therefore was a terrible fit with Simmons and Embiid, and Tobias because it was simply an overpay.

The Al Horford contract was horrible the day he signed it.

Ultimately though, it really all comes down to the fact that Simmons and Embiid will likely never work together. They still have time to trade one of them, but that's pretty much where they're at at this point. If they absolutely must keep both for some reason, Tobias makes more sense as a 3rd wheel than Butler does because he at least spaces the floor, but they're kinda stuck right now building a team around two non-shooters, one of which simply isn't healthy enough to carry the team all game, and one of which who just isn't good enough in the halfcourt to carry the team when the other guy can't.

Like the Dame/CJ pairing (but much better), it's a really talented duo but they just don't make sense together. Until Philly realizes that and makes a choice between the two, they're going to struggle to become a true contender.

I'll give them a pass for selecting Fultz because he was the consensus #1 prospect and something bizarre clearly happened there. Certainly fair to question trading up at all, but once they did, it really only made sense to do so for Fultz.

Agreed, Brown should have been fired years ago. It's really no different than Kidd or Scott Brooks; he was fine for developing young guys but the team is past that stage of the rebuild now and he's clearly not good enough to win a title with.

Smith was an intriguing prospect as a Bucks fan at the time, but the only way Philly was ever going to work with Embiid & Simmons as the foundation was by adding as much shooting as possible. If they still wanted to trade down, Kevin Huerter should have been the pick.

The trades for Butler and Tobias were both horrible. Butler because he's pretty much a non-shooter himself and therefore was a terrible fit with Simmons and Embiid, and Tobias because it was simply an overpay.

The Al Horford contract was horrible the day he signed it.

Ultimately though, it really all comes down to the fact that Simmons and Embiid will likely never work together. They still have time to trade one of them, but that's pretty much where they're at at this point. If they absolutely must keep both for some reason, Tobias makes more sense as a 3rd wheel than Butler does because he at least spaces the floor, but they're kinda stuck right now building a team around two non-shooters, one of which simply isn't healthy enough to carry the team all game, and one of which who just isn't good enough in the halfcourt to carry the team when the other guy can't.

Like the Dame/CJ pairing (but much better), it's a really talented duo but they just don't make sense together. Until Philly realizes that and makes a choice between the two, they're going to struggle to become a true contender.

I would keep Simmons. Embiid has no motor and hasn't gotten in shape. He also plays a position, where unless you can consistently dominate, you'll be run off the floor in the playoffs.

Luka needs to slap those dudes for two possessions in a row not letting him touch the ball in a one possession game.

THJr and Curry, on back to back plays, just going hero ball. That's the difference between Luka, who has played in major games in Europe, and those two just not realizing the gravity of the situation. Every possession counts in the playoffs.

I would keep Simmons. Embiid has no motor and hasn't gotten in shape. He also plays a position, where unless you can consistently dominate, you'll be run off the floor in the playoffs.

I've generally been on the Embiid side of this argument, but I think I'd probably build around Simmons at this point as well. I think he's shown enough improvement as a defender and primary creator to think a team properly built around him could be really good. Would be really interesting to see what kind of return you could get for Embiid in a trade.

There's been a lot of talk online about a Simmons to Portland trade to pair with Lillard, but a part of me wonders if it could work the other way instead, with Portland sending out a bunch of the chips they've been saving to pair Dame with Embiid. Could theoretically fix two broken teams.

A lot there but I think they will fire Brown and run it back but starting to look like they really need to move on from Embid or Simmons. Embid just looks like he is always laboring and one step away from being out 2-3 months. He was gassed and limping around at the end of the game last night. As someone posted here, be interesting what he would bring on the trade market. I would say he and Zion are both in need of a fitness and diet overhaul this offseason. The proof is in the minutes, energy on D and the 4th quarter. Two tremendous talents though, hope they can step up

Denver is the better team but Utah is going to fight that’s for sure.

Miami Indiana is going to be great. I expect 7 games. Very evenly matched teams. Sabonis and Adebayo, two young centers, are going to really go at it down low. I’m shocked Bam is as good as he is. Didn’t expect it.
I thought Sabonis was out?

I wonder if Bob Myers or Daryl Morey would offer some crazy package for Embiid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom