NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 117 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Once Luka settled in he owned 3 guys with pretty solid defensive reputations. I know the Greek Freak is loved by all but I take Luka over anyone in the league.
Luka is Steve Nash + Paul George offensively.

Luka is Steve Nash + Paul George offensively.

He's gotta get that 3 point percentage up to be compared to Nash, but he's got better scoring instincts and might already be as good a passer. Seriously incredible talent; he already cost Vlade Divac his job.

Forgot about that. I'll have to see his status. It was for plantar fasciitis which is really horrific, but with the treatments available he might be able to play.
I thought Sabonis was out?

simmons may be the most overrated player in the sport. Keep Joel

I wonder if Bob Myers or Daryl Morey would offer some crazy package for Embiid.

What does a crazy package from Golden State even look like? I don't think they can realistically make a competitive offer unless they include Klay which they almost certainly won't do. And even if they do I'm not sure they can offer enough to get Embiid.

Likewise with Houston, but even more so.

Off the top of my head, the teams that could realistically make a competitive offer for Embiid (and might actually consider it) would be:
  • Portland - CJ + Nurkic + young guys/picks
  • Phoenix - Something built around Ayton and Oubre
  • Washington - Something built around Beal (but I think Washington and Beal have a weird loyalty to each other)

Forgot about that. I'll have to see his status. It was for plantar fasciitis which is really horrific, but with the treatments available he might be able to play.

Sabonis isn't even in Orlando right now, so I would guess he's likely to miss most of the series if not the entire thing.

What does a crazy package from Golden State even look like? I don't think they can realistically make a competitive offer unless they include Klay which they almost certainly won't do. And even if they do I'm not sure they can offer enough to get Embiid.

Likewise with Houston, but even more so.

Off the top of my head, the teams that could realistically make a competitive offer for Embiid (and might actually consider it) would be:
  • Portland - CJ + Nurkic + young guys/picks
  • Phoenix - Something built around Ayton and Oubre
  • Washington - Something built around Beal (but I think Washington and Beal have a weird loyalty to each other)

Based on past experiences nothing would surprise me. Trades usually come out of nowhere.

Once Luka settled in he owned 3 guys with pretty solid defensive reputations. I know the Greek Freak is loved by all but I take Luka over anyone in the league.

He's basically Magic, imo. Little bit of Bird in him, little LeBron. The passes he can make are basically ones that no one else can except Bron (right now). His three point % has to get better, but I bet it will.

He was bullying those guys by the end of the game. And he has a real fire in him. He was barking.

I would take him over anyone right now as well. I can't believe how young he is.

I'd probably still take Giannis because he brings DPOY level defense in addition to being a great scorer, but it's a legitimate debate between the two of them IMO and I wouldn't say people taking Luka are wrong. They're far and away the top 2 choices to build a team around right now.

Luka will be a perennial MVP candidate for a decade. Some of the passes he makes are just ridiculous.

Raptors vs. Bucks/Heat ECF it is.
That's a big injury. If it's a grade 3, I have a hard time seeing how he would be back in 4 weeks. Even with the medical personnel in the NBA, that's a serious and underappreciated (raises my hand) injury that you really should not rush back from. That probably hurt like hell.

Milwaukee’s defense looks less than stellar early.
Bucks got disrespected with the noon nobody working can watch game.
I haven’t seen but on game tracker it appears the Bucks have a lot of turnovers for them giving free points to Orlando and the Bucks have 0 points off Magic turnovers which is there game.

How do the virtual fans work? There must be a filtering process ahead of time to get into the stands. Curious how it works.

Bucks got disrespected with the noon nobody working can watch game.
I haven’t seen but on game tracker it appears the Bucks have a lot of turnovers for them giving free points to Orlando and the Bucks have 0 points off Magic turnovers which is there game.
Milwaukee and Orlando markets.

Latest draft projections from ESPN (paywalled) have Edwards first to GSW.

Hughes going 43 to the Sac Kings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom