NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 191 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I hate that guys who shoot crappy corner threes don't follow their shots. I've gotten a million points for my teams by following my shot. What good are you doing sitting watching your miss?
74TL.gif

The only thing that would make these playoffs better, for me anyway, is if the Clippers were struggling more... they are the biggest threat, but I hate them more than anybody.

Although a good hate has developed for the Celtics which happens after any six game series.

Lowry played great, but man Toronto has got some lucky breaks to get this to a game 7. I hope Boston wins cause I think the Raptors are going to be cannon fodder for whoever is left.

The Raps have certainly had lucky breaks (although I refuse to say Ref breaks -- I think that has went both ways). Boston has had the two blowouts. They are the better team in this matchup -- the Raptors have not been blown out or even lost many times since Christmas Day... the only team that seems to do it is the Celtics.

That being said I strongly disagree that the Raps would struggle more with the Heat than the Celtics. For whatever reason, the Celtics just match more strongly against the Raps than other good teams. Against the pool of other teams I am not convinced the Celtics are any better -- certainly when Tatum is on they are better, but Tatum has been up and down this series.

But, why can't all those things work in your favor while you still win games? The draft picks aren't going anywhere unless they want them to. They probably have too much talent to bottom out. There's this weird thinking that you have to be awful before you can get better - between SGA/Bazely/Dort that's solid youth, plus when Adams and Schroeder come off the books they'd only be 28 and 27 - that's their prime!

I just don't understand NBA management sometimes. It's like teams are itching to get worse when they can put a team out there. It makes no sense. Especially when there are other franchises that seem completely incapable of ever competing.

Well, I also think there may be some financial considerations at play as well. If I am looking at this correctly (??) the Thunder were a tax payer this year and they have been for a while. There is value in avoiding that, especially if you don't have an upper tier team. It doesn't seem like they're making a run at keeping Gallo around either.

I don't know if I agree they have too much talent to bottom out though; especially if they trade Paul. The west is going to be really good next year; if you lose Paul and Gallo off the roster, they could be one of the two or three worst teams in the west.

In general I take your point, there sometimes seem to be too much focus on either being really good or really bad. Especially now with flatter lottery odds

Pascal Siakam has been such a frustrating player for Raps fans in the bubble (well since January actually). He has regressed. I am sure not one Celts fan has walked away from this series impressed by him.

Last year when Tatum sort of flatlined, it appeared that Siakam had become the better player.

The argument could still have been made they were about the same level for the first two months of the season. Now it is not even close -- not even an argument can be made -- Tatum is far superior.

He does play a very strong defensive game, but offensively he is a negative shooting at the rate he is and not really drawing any doubles at all.

I would prefer to play Ibaka instead of Siakam in my critical lineup right now.

Pascal Siakam has been such a frustrating player for Raps fans in the bubble (well since January actually). He has regressed. I am sure not one Celts fan has walked away from this series impressed by him.

Last year when Tatum sort of flatlined, it appeared that Siakam had become the better player.

The argument could still have been made they were about the same level for the first two months of the season. Now it is not even close -- not even an argument can be made -- Tatum is far superior.

He does play a very strong defensive game, but offensively he is a negative shooting at the rate he is and not really drawing any doubles at all.

I would prefer to play Ibaka instead of Siakam in my critical lineup right now.
5-19 tonight

For anyone that knows how did he wind up at sdsu? Was he a late bloomer?

Uncle Dennis got some bags... OK, probably not.

I think he is born near San Diego St, and was a good but not elite recruit. Also around that time SD St was a very good program, and MWC was a very good conference for about a 5 year period around 2006-2010. So I could see how someone might choose to stay home.

I hate that guys who shoot crappy corner threes don't follow their shots. I've gotten a million points for my teams by following my shot. What good are you doing sitting watching your miss?

Both the shooter... and also his teammates. I can't stand players who watch a guy shoot and do nothing... either go for the board or get back on defence to stop transition. Doing nothing is so annoying -- it was a specialty of Andrea Bargnani.

Nurse is literally ON the court, near the play. Unbelievable.

I see there is a lot of hate here for Nurse. And that play was certainly unacceptable and I am sure he will be warned. It's also reckless as it could lead to some sort of technical in a close game.

That being said Nurse has alot of passion and his teams plays hard for him. He is overly vocal with the Refs and I could see . But in the end I want a Coach that is able to get his team to buy in and play hard for him. He got this team to go 53-19.

Nurse is literally ON the court, near the play. Unbelievable.
What is infuriating is that Tatum threw the ball to the spot Nurse was at because he was driving and that is the spot he thought Theis was at.
Nurse literally made the defensive play.

I know many were critical of the Powell play at the end of First OT.

But the absolute first priority is to make sure you get a shot off with less than 3 seconds to go in that situation so that their is zero chance you lose It basically demands a one on one play. (The only other option is to call a timeout with 4 seconds then try to run an inbounds play) And all season, the player that has done the best for the Raptors in this regard is Powell. FVV or Lowry can create in the flow of the game, but typically not on a clearout because of their size.

The other option was Siakam but he has been hot garbage. Anunoby doesn't have the ball handling ability yet.

So as a fan I was satisifed with that play and shot selection.

Is it just me or has there been a higher level than normal level of clean steals in this series. Both teams and defences have done a great job of swiping at balls in the open floor.

And i am not talking about the plays with contact which there have been a number.

5-19 tonight

Ugly.

Certainly role is a part of it, but his TS% has taken a ridiculous fall from last season... falling from 63% to 55%. And in the playoffs it is a horrid 48%... and that is before today's game which will knock it probably closer to 46%.

Both the shooter... and also his teammates. I can't stand players who watch a guy shoot and do nothing... either go for the board or get back on defence to stop transition. Doing nothing is so annoying -- it was a specialty of Andrea Bargnani.
I kill my kid when he does this. There are two options when you’re the shooter. Attack the boards or get back on D. Watching is not an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom