NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 193 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I was listening to Boston sports radio when I was biking today (Felljer and Maz?). They were fair at times, but when it came to Nurse they love to call him a tool and a "Hardo". Can someone let me know what a Hardo is, because I want to know what they think of the coach of the "Mickey Mouse Organization" that I cheer for.

Also is a cau repair when then fix your automobile? Vote yes on question 1 for cau repair!
Felger and Mazz hate their audience.
They say whatever angers fans to get calls.

They don’t think fans should be fans of their team but be objective.

They are miserable human beings. The only local team they don’t troll is the Bruins because Felger is a fan of the Bruins.
Felger is from Wisconsin he likes the Bucks/Packers he calls anyone who likes the local teams bobos because god forbid you like your own team.
Mazz is a disgrace I won’t waste anymore on that gasbag.

They probably without me listening blamed Stevens and Tatum because they hate fans. They like calling people toolbag.
A hardo is a person who tries extremely hard at everything. They were probably referring to how Nurse argues everything and doesn’t let the game breathe.

If there was a line Brawl who do you have?

I think the Raptors would have a good start with Ibaka. Theiss is eying him pretty good though. I would round out my team with Gasol, Lowry, Davis and maybe RHJ (For the Crazy factor). Would be concerned about Lowry going down out of instinct.

1599780255248.png

1599780209188.png

Felger and Mazz hate their audience.
They say whatever angers fans to get calls.

They don’t think fans should be fans of their team but be objective.

They are miserable human beings. The only local team they don’t troll is the Bruins because Felger is a fan of the Bruins.
Felger is from Wisconsin he likes the Bucks/Packers he calls anyone who likes the local teams bobos because god forbid you like your own team.
Mazz is a disgrace I won’t waste anymore on that gasbag.

They probably without me listening blamed Stevens and Tatum because they hate fans. They like calling people toolbag.
A hardo is a person who tries extremely hard at everything. They were probably referring to how Nurse argues everything and doesn’t let the game breathe.

You explained them pretty good. They used tool over and over. They were particularly hard on Tatum and Kemba... and left Toronto alone for the most part except for Nurse who they rode hard... and for some reason called the team Mickey Mouse at the end.

If there was a line Brawl who do you have?

I think the Raptors would have a good start with Ibaka. Theiss is eying him pretty good though. I would round out my team with Gasol, Lowry, Davis and maybe RHJ (For the Crazy factor). Would be concerned about Lowry going down out of instinct.

View attachment 187662

View attachment 187661

Ibaka wins it by himself, because he’ll actually really want to fight and not pull the “hooooooold me back!” (C) Jalen Rose

lakers are not even trying so far .. Houston has checked out except for Tucker and Green ... Westbrook is not playable

James Harden hates playing with Westbrook on the floor.
His body language is so angry that he is getting doubled every time with Westbrook’s guy leaving him.

So I read the L2M. 3 points I want to make.

#1. The foul on the last call on Kemba - can't disagree. He was hacked good. The only counter argument is those types of plays often result the same way. You have 2 types of refs -- the type who likes to hold their whistle at the end, or the the "superstar" who likes to make the big call and be the game whether marginal or not. That one was not really marginal, but I have seen that type of play not called several times as well. Still a bad call. Refs should call it, but as I said many choose to hold the whistle at the end.

#2. As for the travel on Powell -- that type of stuff happens all the time and goes uncalled. Little ticky tack things like that often pop up in L2M reports, and in real time its hard to see and you can't expect the refs to make that call against the Raps or Celts. If you can't expect the Refs to call it, can you really say it is a bad call. So to me this is a minor issue, unlike #1.

#3. Interestingly the L2M does address the Nurse issue and does not say it was a missed call "Coaches may be on or off the bench from the substitution box line (closest to the coach's bench) to the baseline. Coach Nurse's (TOR) presence in the corner is not illegal and he does not directly interfere with the play," So that clears it up -- sort of. It was not illegal, but not really appropriate I personally don't think he stood there intentionally to throw off the Celtics -- he was just trying to get close to his players.

But the NBA should come up with memo to coaches clarifying what is acceptable or not. Because you can't have coaches getting close to the action like that.

Obviously the Raptors have not had a Kemba type moment in the last few plays of a game in this series. Both teams have been hacked several times in the middle of games.

I could only think back to game 7 of the Toronto-Brooklyn series in 2014, when Lowry still did not have a big rep. And the final play. He got fouled somewhere between 2-4 times in the last 6 seconds of the game -- once or twice before the ball was even inbounded, once on his dribble, and perhaps on the rejection.

Unlike Boston the Raptors never got another shot to make up for the bad call after that.

James Harden hates playing with Westbrook on the floor.
His body language is so angry that he is getting doubled every time with Westbrook’s guy leaving him.

Is there any "star" that Harden likes to play with?

Also regarding the L2M in general. The good is it will certainly show who got screwed at the end of the game.
But the games are 48 minutes, and its generally very hard for any fan to accurately gauge to that detail the net impact of refs over the course of a full game -- so it basically minimizes bad reffing (if it existed) for the first 46 minutes of the game. I'm not saying the Raps or Celtics have had the positive or negative in the first 46 minutes of this series -- it would be very hard to analyze and needs someone with an unbiased view.

Anybody remember a few years back when the Rockets tried to basically do an "unbiased" analytical L2M report of their series with GSW (over 48 minutes) mailed it to the NBA, and "somehow" it leaked out. I am sure that did them no favours at the league office.

Would the NBA prefer if Morey got fired?

Is there any "star" that Harden likes to play with?
Would the NBA prefer if Morey got fired?

I don’t understand the so called clamoring for D’antoni as a head coach .. What does he exactly do ?

what I see is a “small ball “ team that is playing conventionally with a midget lineup .. they’re not shooting threes

I’m gonna keep asking till I get an answer ... how is Austin Rivers in the NBA

Lakers defense...smothering the Rockets.

And the role players are putting the ball in the basket tonight. When that happens, we’re awfully tough to beat.

hard to tell how smothering it is against this team ..

Do the Rockets have much protection on their swaps with the Thunder -- there could be some ugly swaps in 3 to 4 years?

The Rockets ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!

Every year, same story with them. Good!

actually they were legit the year Chris Paul got hurt with them up 3-2 vs GSW...

Do the Rockets have much protection on their swaps with the Thunder -- there could be some ugly swaps in 3 to 4 years?

Rockets are going to be one of those teams going forward that is in no mans land ... not good enough to contend ... not crappy enough to get impact picks ... so I don’t think the swaps will mean much...

Agreed. Because Paul is legit on both ends and has heart.

people forget ... they were up 17 pts in game 6 on the road which would have clinched it .. noway they lose that lead with Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom