NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 192 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I see there is a lot of hate here for Nurse. And that play was certainly unacceptable and I am sure he will be warned. It's also reckless as it could lead to some sort of technical in a close game.

That being said Nurse has alot of passion and his teams plays hard for him. He is overly vocal with the Refs and I could see . But in the end I want a Coach that is able to get his team to buy in and play hard for him. He got this team to go 53-19.

Hate? No - just found his whining today a bit insufferable, and he needs to stay off of the court. Who knows - that play may have changed the outcome of the game.

Also didn't get why he called time out with .5 seconds to go.

Hate? No - just found his whining today a bit insufferable, and he needs to stay off of the court. Who knows - that play may have changed the outcome of the game.

Also didn't get why he called time out with .5 seconds to go.

Not sure if him being in the corner was illegal, but it certainly was unacceptable. I hope that doesn't happen again. I think it is so much easier in the bubble for coaches to bark and give instructions to their players in crucial monents, that they are drawn closer to the floor. But still that was to close.

In term of the timout, I think it allowed them to take the ball out at half court instead of below the basket, in case something goes wrong on the inbounds. I may be wrong.

Uncle Dennis got some bags... OK, probably not.

I think he is born near San Diego St, and was a good but not elite recruit. Also around that time SD St was a very good program, and MWC was a very good conference for about a 5 year period around 2006-2010. So I could see how someone might choose to stay home.
No, he was born in Los Angeles. Grew up rooting for the Clippers. Can you see how someone might choose to return home?

Milwaukee is going to offer Bledsoe, Indiana first round pick from Brogdon and another first pick for Chris Paul.

If the Bucks wanted to go all in to keep Giannis they offer the Wizards the Paul George trade and do Bledsoe
and Ilyasova 2021, 2023, 2025, unprotected 1st round picks and pick swaps for 2022, 2024 for Bradley Beal.

Would the Bucks do their own Paul George type trade?

really? they could have got him for nothing but matched salaries a year ago.

I don't care about game 7 but this can't happen again.
Nurse can't do this in the future.
EhhD-OuXkAE0Y83

EhhM4L5XkAA9BSl
its a clown move and he should be T'd..BUT...he wasnt in green..he's wearing the same colors as the rest of the raptors.. tatum messed up on his own.

its a clown move and he should be T'd..BUT...he wasnt in green..he's wearing the same colors as the rest of the raptors.. tatum messed up on his own.
Tatum had a double on him.
These players are throwing to spots.
Nurse needs to behave like a professional coach. That was clown behavior. Mark Jackson had no horse in this game but you could tell he wasn’t happy with this behavior.

Tatum had a double on him.
These players are throwing to spots.
Nurse needs to behave like a professional coach. That was clown behavior. Mark Jackson had no horse in this game but you could tell he wasn’t happy with this behavior.

both things can be true. Nurse shouldn't have been there and Tatum should have thrown it to the nearly 7'0 tall dude in green instead of the much shorter guy in gray

and btw, thanks for sending me to twitter where i caught a glimpse of craig sager trending and now i think less of all humanity

The Nurse thing is easily solved - either T him up or force coaches to wear shirts that are the exact same color as their team jersey - the league can find a supplier I'm sure.

Best part of these threads: fans whining about players/coaches “whining.”
It LeBron did the kinda stuff Nick Nurse did he would be the lead on all the embrace debate shows for 1-2 days.

Nurse should be at least fined and warned he does that again he is ejected.

The whining is his style. I actually like the coaches who just sit down or stand and don’t complain about every single call. Working the refs every single call is annoying.

Give me Brad Stevens or Doc Rivers behavior over what Nurse does.

Dash? ;)
HS rankings, for the most part, mean little in the end. Lowry is absolutely amazing. Maybe I would give the nod to Livingston above him, ultimately, but that is because I am giving Livingston credit for what he could have been without the injury.

Last 2 minutes report has a laughable amount misses last night.
Toronto got a very friendly whistle.
Refs missed the last second foul on the Kemba drive.
They missed a travel by Powell before Powell tied the game in the first OT last minute.
A lot of bad calls made including 2 missed fouls by Lowry.

Celtics better get a friendly whistle game 7.

HS rankings, for the most part, mean little in the end. Lowry is absolutely amazing. Maybe I would give the nod to Livingston above him, ultimately, but that is because I am giving Livingston credit for what he could have been without the injury.

Wow, lots of blasts from past names on that list that I haven’t heard in forever!

JameSon Curry is a guy I thought would make it to the pros. If I recall he clinched the game against us with a deep 3, after we switched back to the 2-3...after pressure defense had gotten us back in the game.

Quentin Thomas is a rapper by the name of “GQ” now.

We all know and have rehashed many times how taking Wright because he committed first when we were right in the mix for Price and Lowry worked out.

Livingston would’ve been great. One of the worst injuries I’ve seen. Glad he was able to recover and become a very solid contributor for those great Warriors teams.

Must be something in the name “Livingston” because 10-11 years early, Randy Livingston was the number 1 PG and his career was wrecked by injuries too.

Teflair just got so much extra hype because of who his cousin is and where he went to HS.

Sean Singletary...was it him who Mike Patrick just gushed about all game long about how he was playing hurt or sick or something, when Cuse best Virginia down there in his senior year? Pretty sure it was. It was almost to the level of the love affair the broadcasters had with Aaron Craft when we played them in the tourney. Mike Patrick was the worst ACC homer ever. Worse than 2000’s Vitale.

Okay let’s call a T on Stevens there and ignore the Lowry flagrant on Jaylen Brown undercutting him, plus Nurse on the baseline on the court T missed and the ref actually calls this at the end of the game. This no call can’t happen.

470AC9F5-29BA-4D4B-A520-311EA355B823.jpeg

This was a no call the NBA admitted Brothers missed.
Plus brothers messed up giving Toronto the ball when they couldn’t call TO when the other ref had jump ball.

The refs are awful in general but they gave Toronto a lot of the breaks that helped decide a game.

I want those breaks tomorrow.
EhhQw2oWkAErl8n

I was listening to Boston sports radio when I was biking today (Felljer and Maz?). They were fair at times, but when it came to Nurse they love to call him a tool and a "Hardo". Can someone let me know what a Hardo is, because I want to know what they think of the coach of the "Mickey Mouse Organization" that I cheer for.

Also is a cau repair when you fix your automobile? Vote yes on question 1 for cau repair!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom