NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 194 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Lakers game plan of running them off the threes and then recovering on the drives is something that will be copied and pasted going forward if Houston tries to run this back next year ...

If anybody other than Lebron had done a showtime play like that at the end against Houston, I am not sure the other team would respond the same way. Obviously it does show respect for Lebron, but if it was some young punk Houston would be acting differently. Or maybe they stopped giving a crap.

I don’t understand the so called clamoring for D’antoni as a head coach .. What does he exactly do ?

what I see is a “small ball “ team that is playing conventionally with a midget lineup .. they’re not shooting threes

I think the allure is mainly with teams that have trouble scoring the basketball. D'Antoni has shown he can create a good offense around very different skill sets and play styles. I would be curious to know if he's married to this small ball style of play moving forwards or if that was a Morey thing and D'Antoni would continue being flexible with whatever cards he's dealt.

If Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, or KD played as bad as Harden has this series they would be absolutely crucified. Another playoff meltdown by him.

If Lebron, Kawhi, Curry, or KD played as bad as Harden has this series they would be absolutely crucified. Another playoff meltdown by him.
I can’t stand Harden but the Lakers gameplan has shut him down.
Harden is being exposed as somebody who when they don’t have the ball in their hands does very little else to help his team.

The Lakers are doubling him with a trap from Westbrook’s guy almost every time he gets the ball and the Lakers are daring Westbrook to shoot and if he drives they have a wall in the paint.

Harden isn’t even trying to move to make it hard to double him.
Lakers coaching staff has broken down this Rockets team well.
Rockets shot well from 3 the 2 previous games to keep those close yesterday they sucked.

I can’t stand Harden but the Lakers gameplan has shut him down.
Harden is being exposed as somebody who when they don’t have the ball in their hands does very little else to help his team.

The Lakers are doubling him with a trap from Westbrook’s guy almost every time he gets the ball and the Lakers are daring Westbrook to shoot and if he drives they have a wall in the paint.

Harden isn’t even trying to move to make it hard to double him.
Lakers coaching staff has broken down this Rockets team well.
Rockets shot well from 3 the 2 previous games to keep those close yesterday they sucked.

Yeah the no ball movement thing only works for so long...

All due respect to Toronto, I'm pulling for Boston tonight. I think they're the better team and more entertaining. A Boston/Miami series could be really fun and it has two really good coaches.

Can't wait for LA/LA. Pulling for the Clips.

8C8996C0-3BC9-4045-8F6A-FABA633E046A.jpeg

LoL this league

I don’t know any team that likes Scott Foster though. The Warriors, Rockets and Lebron stans always complain about him too.

I don’t know any team that likes Scott Foster though. The Warriors, Rockets and Lebron stans always complain about him too.
The Warriors should never open their mouthes.
Foster was literally their 6th man on the court in game 7 against Houston. His calls swung at least 12 points in that game.
Foster is the worst ref in the league and yet gets all these important games
He isn’t good.

Foster was literally their 6th man on the court in game 7 against Houston. His calls swung at least 12 points in that game.
He isn’t good.

Was that the game Curry scored 30 in the second half or the year before when Houston missed 30 3’s in a row. I agree he likes controversy and all of NBA twitter hates him though.

Was that the game Curry scored 30 in the second half or the year before when Houston missed 30 3’s in a row. I agree he likes controversy and all of NBA twitter hates him though.
Game 7 2018.
He screwed Houston royally.

All due respect to Toronto, I'm pulling for Boston tonight. I think they're the better team and more entertaining. A Boston/Miami series could be really fun and it has two really good coaches.

I don't need to see the Celts win another title.

Game 7 2018.
He screwed Houston royally.

Serious question: Was it before or after that the NBA started calling all of those bullshit shots coming around the screens as non-shooting fouls?

Most of those are pretty bad, though I couldn't care less about the missed moving screen one. Every NBA possession includes at least 4 or 5 moving screens. Moving screens is pretty much how NBA offenses work now; pretty much every shot that comes off a screen is created due to it being a moving screen.

Yeah, last round both Jazz and Nuggets fans were not happy Foster reffed their game, but somebody had to win.

How does this stuff happen. We all know certain refs hate certain teams.

I don't any teams fans are excited about Scott Foster. No matter who loses tonight he will make some calls which will anger the fans.

he was actually playing really well the first three games ... check the numbers and efficiency ... Game 4 was a no show ... but then again ... he’s not even in the same class as those other players you mentioned so I don’t get the comparison

You can certainly find Boston more entertaining. And if you want to see Boston/Miami I can't argue with that. That is what you like, and you are entitled not to like Nurse and Lowry like other coaches and players.

But with all due respect to Boston, there is no great argument that Boston is the better team, or either team really . Boston has a good team, and a very good future (with semi's and finals coming either way in coming years) -- but they been a bit to the pedestal for a few years now and their talent perhaps has not quite yet reached their reputation, but it will. Toronto goes the other way -- their perceived talent level is not glamorous like Tatum and Walker, but they surpass what was expected of them.

If it's a league of two teams, Toronto and Boston, Boston is clearly the better team and if I had to wager tonight it would be Boston. In the matchup of the two, Boston has had the ability to comfortably handle Toronto in 4 games this year. Boston moreso than other team, has forced Toronto into taking hard shots -- its not just games where they are not hitting shots -- its games where they are not getting quality shots. Something Stevens does (or the matchup). But it doesn't happen against other teams in the regular season. Toronto lost to Miami a few times -- but those games they had great looks over and over missed.

Even all that considered, this series is still tied at 3 games.

But the league is much bigger than two teams. And you have to consider that when you look beyond the series.
- Toronto won 5 more games than Boston this year.
- Toronto had the best record in the regular season bubble, despite having the hardest ranked schedule.
- Toronto has consistently surpassed expectations whether its from an individual game or before the season starts.

Do I think Toronto is the better team. Not really, but I think making the conclusive argument that Boston is better isn't really proper either. These teams are both fairly equal.

As an aside, while I thought Boston was ranked much higher than Toronto in the preseason, it was but not by so much. Both teams did better than expected -- both teams were bargains on preseason. I got Toronto at 28-1 fairly early in the year, so have hedged a bit on Boston this series. It was more of a 2018/2019 issue where Boston had an over/under of 59.5 wins.

1599863563015.png

Last edited:
In terms of tonight's game. If either team gets a 10 point lead at some point in the first half, I give them a 95% chance of winning.

He isn’t good.
But I hear he plays a mean pickleball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors