NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 226 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Not to change the subject but just got one of those arcade 1up machines ( NBA Jam) and umm I highly recommend. A blast for all ages.
Just got moved in to our new place and got my office setup yesterday. Today, I pulled the trigger on it. Pretty damn excited right now.

Can we all agree that you don't need to tank to win. I mean the teams that usually suck still suck and the 76ers are still meh... Time to put that philosophy to bed.
I think you can excuse a single season of tanking with a roster that just don't got it. But as a habitual strategy - fans deserve better.

Just got moved in to our new place and got my office setup yesterday. Today, I pulled the trigger on it. Pretty damn excited right now.
DC?

Can we all agree that you don't need to tank to win. I mean the teams that usually suck still suck and the 76ers are still meh... Time to put that philosophy to bed.

Also I would love to see the Heat beat Lebron in the finals. That would be some fun sht.
The lottery has made it a pointless endeavor at this point. The 76ers wouldn't be meh if they took Tatum over Fultz but it takes a lot of luck combined with a fanbase willing to be patient. I'd rather take a shot at blowing the whole thing up then end up being the Pacers or Pistons.

Congrats. Now just let me know when you’re ready to visit VT.
Haha, I've carted my skiing stuff with me from Buffalo to CA to FL to TX and now may actually be able to use it this winter.

By a mile is quite a stretch.
Brad’s been given the stars he needs aside from maybe a center. Miami’s not the more talented team. They’re tougher, smarter and I attribute that to a more seasoned proven head coach.

Brad’s been given the stars he needs aside from maybe a center. Miami’s not the more talented team. They’re tougher, smarter and I attribute that to a more seasoned proven head coach.
Stevens has sucked badly this series. With all the games so close the coaching mistakes have been the difference.

The lottery has made it a pointless endeavor at this point. The 76ers wouldn't be meh if they took Tatum over Fultz but it takes a lot of luck combined with a fanbase willing to be patient. I'd rather take a shot at blowing the whole thing up then end up being the Pacers or Pistons.

I don’t think the Pacers are far away. They’ve been without Sabonis this year and Oladipo last year in the playoffs. If they came in healthy, I wouldnt have said they had any less of a chance than Boston or Miami.

But I know what you mean about those stuck in being a middling team. Philly in the Andre Iguodala/Lou Williams era was exactly that...and that’s why they blew it up and tanked in the first place.

Stevens has sucked badly this series. With all the games so close the coaching mistakes have been the difference.
What are your thoughts on the out of bounds play in the closing seconds of the fourth where Brown hit the turn around 3?

I get it, the inbound was placed closer to halfcourt than anticipated.

But,

that was the best play we could draw up? Jaylen bailed him out.

I want to keep Brad but hopefully he’s a learner

What are your thoughts on the out of bounds play in the closing seconds of the fourth where Brown hit the turn around 3?

I get it, the inbound was placed closer to halfcourt than anticipated.

But,

that was the best play we could draw up? Jaylen bailed him out.

I want to keep Brad but hopefully he’s a learner
I like him because he isn’t a clown and the players like him.
But he has no pulse during the game and the adjustments after halftime are always poor.
This team always struggles coming out of halftime.

The turnovers yesterday were unacceptable. I don’t think the team wanted to play after the Taylor decision.
Brown and Tatum didn’t want to play.

I don’t think the Pacers are far away. They’ve been without Sabonis this year and Oladipo last year in the playoffs. If they came in healthy, I wouldnt have said they had any less of a chance than Boston or Miami.

But I know what you mean about those stuck in being a middling team. Philly in the Andre Iguodala/Lou Williams era was exactly that...and that’s why they blew it up and tanked in the first place.
Those midwest teams have no shot beyond lotto luck. Think folks are trying to use Miami as an example. Miami did as bad a job possible in overpating their own mediocre players but then hit the jackpot in the draft and Butler forced his way to a capped out team. No All-NBA players are forcing their way anywhere in the midwest or anywhere outside of the coasts and maybe the TX teams and even those are debatable.

Yeah and he's got them to the final 4 which is where they should have maxed out all along. People move the goalposts along the way which is stupid. Before the season the Celts to the ECF is a helluva accomplishment by Brad. Have 2 stars at 22 and 23 and an undersized star guard that had never played a meaningful nba game before a few weeks ago.

Yeah, seemed odd to me too, the Pacers compete.

Those midwest teams have no shot beyond lotto luck. Think folks are trying to use Miami as an example. Miami did as bad a job possible in overpating their own mediocre players but then hit the jackpot in the draft and Butler forced his way to a capped out team. No All-NBA players are forcing their way anywhere in the midwest or anywhere outside of the coasts and maybe the TX teams and even those are debatable.

I know what you mean about FAs, but I think their roster right now is capable of winning the East with a healthy Oladipo. I mean they’re not a favorite or anything...it just wouldn’t shock me. Their whole core are all in their primes or about to hit it. Oladipo, Sabonis, Turner, Brogdon, Warren, Lamb...that’s a squad.

I know what you mean about FAs, but I think their roster right now is capable of winning the East with a healthy Oladipo. I mean they’re not a favorite or anything...it just wouldn’t shock me. Their whole core are all in their primes or about to hit it. Oladipo, Sabonis, Turner, Brogdon, Warren, Lamb...that’s a squad.
I still don't think they are scaring anyone. Everything has worked out about as great as it possibly can and they max out as a 4 seed. They hit the jackpot on their return for a superstar wanting out, draft well, snag Brogdon and they still end up as a coin flip team to get out of rd 1. For sure other teams are in far worse situations but landing a franchise guy at the top of the lottery and then praying to hold on to him is the only way for a lot of teams to get to the conf finals or beyond.

I like him because he isn’t a clown and the players like him.
But he has no pulse during the game and the adjustments after halftime are always poor.
This team always struggles coming out of halftime.

The turnovers yesterday were unacceptable. I don’t think the team wanted to play after the Taylor decision.
Brown and Tatum didn’t want to play.
Had that feeling while I was watching.

Murray is insanity

So much fun to watch
I agree with Kenny, he doesn't pass the eye test to me either, but he plays way more athletic than what he looks. Porter Jr. and Grant need to step up their scoring and rebounding.

Where’s the foul there ? Millsap just boxing out and it’s a foul cause Davis rolled his ankle himself ? Pure garbage

I agree with Kenny, he doesn't pass the eye test to me either, but he plays way more athletic than what he looks. Porter Jr. and Grant need to step up their scoring and rebounding.

I don’t know what this means ... he looks athletic as hell ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom