NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 228 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

That dude gets away with so many travels as well.
He made a three when the Lakers were only up by a little and the shot clock was running down. That's exactly the kind of shot you want him to take. To his credit, he made it, and it made things just hard enough for Denver.

As I've said though, this series was always going to get to 3-1 Lakers, and now it's Nuggies Time.

He made a three when the Lakers were only up by a little and the shot clock was running down. That's exactly the kind of shot you want him to take. To his credit, he made it, and it made things just hard enough for Denver.

As I've said though, this series was always going to get to 3-1 Lakers, and now it's Nuggies Time.
His shooting sure has improved since he was a Celtic.

Seeing Stevens being clueless about how to attack the Heat’s zone has me fuming about 2010 all over again.

HEY BRAD, RUN THE PLAY WHERE SOME SCRUB SHOOTS A CORNER 3 AT THE SHOTCLOCK BUZZER AND IT HITS THE RIM AND THEN THE TOP OF THE BACKBOARD AND BOUNCES AROUND A FEW MORE TIMES BEFORE IT GOES IN!

Seeing Stevens being clueless about how to attack the Heat’s zone has me fuming about 2010 all over again.

HEY BRAD, RUN THE PLAY WHERE SOME SCRUB SHOOTS A CORNER 3 AT THE SHOTCLOCK BUZZER AND IT HITS THE RIM AND THEN THE TOP OF THE BACKBOARD AND BOUNCES AROUND A FEW MORE TIMES BEFORE IT GOES IN!
Miami’s zone work because they put their length at the top of the zone and Bam in the middle.
They stick Dragic and Robinson on the wings.
The Syracuse zone if Jimmy B had Butler and Crowder length at the top each season it would be like 2013.

The Miami zone works because of the size of the zone.
Our zone has struggled because we don’t have NBA bodies at the top.

He's going to tell Wanamaker or somebody to suplex Herro out of bounds.

So I was at that game in SLC. Was thrilled. Thought I'd get to see two games. On one side of me there was a dad with his teenage son. They were cool. A family in front of me was all in Syracuse gear, drove down from Idaho, said they picked us to cheer for, no other connection to Cuse. Rad.

But on the other side of me... was a dude and a girl that annoyed the crap out of me. Keep in mind, I'm in full regalia, half my face is blue and half is orange because I'm going to make the most of it. They overhear me talking to the dad and son about how excited I am to see my college team where I live now, as the one seed no less. So this chick decides she's going to needle me all game. Aggressively cheers for Butler. Makes snide remarks about Boeheim's age. Talks about "you know they don't really look like a one seed." That dude hits that ridiculous three and she has the lady balls to say "that's the problem with Syracuse, the zone always lets them down."

I don't know if she knows it. But I will see her in Hell.

So I was at that game in SLC. Was thrilled. Thought I'd get to see two games. On one side of me there was a dad with his teenage son. They were cool. A family in front of me was all in Syracuse gear, drove down from Idaho, said they picked us to cheer for, no other connection to Cuse. Rad.

But on the other side of me... was a dude and a girl that annoyed the crap out of me. Keep in mind, I'm in full regalia, half my face is blue and half is orange because I'm going to make the most of it. They overhear me talking to the dad and son about how excited I am to see my college team where I live now, as the one seed no less. So this chick decides she's going to needle me all game. Aggressively cheers for Butler. Makes snide remarks about Boeheim's age. Talks about "you know they don't really look like a one seed." That dude hits that ridiculous three and she has the lady balls to say "that's the problem with Syracuse, the zone always lets them down."

I don't know if she knows it. But I will see her in Hell.

lol.

I had the inverse of that experience in Buffalo.

Vermont game, the guy in front of me celebrated a Vermont dunk when Cuse was up by 25, WAY too hard. High fiving the guy with him, laughing it up, etc. I was low key for that game. First rounder, 1 vs. 16, drove in a few hours that day after working, late game, kinda tired, etc. But I didn’t like that celebration. We had the game well in hand. Calm down, you know? Just didn’t sit well with me.

But I was JACKED for the Gonzaga game. Same guy in front of me. I deduced that he was a casual Gonzaga fan. I treated it like he was a diehard. I was screaming all kinds smack about Gonzaga all game long, going absolutely wild on every Orange bucket, pointing out Gonzaga’s lack of athleticism, lack of deep tourney success, they weren’t in our league, couldn’t hang...I bemoaned that we weren’t even really getting much of a workout to get us ready for the later rounds, etc.

lol.

I had the inverse of that experience in Buffalo.

Vermont game, the guy in front of me celebrated a Vermont dunk when Cuse was up by 25, WAY too hard. High fiving the guy with him, laughing it up, etc. I was low key for that game. First rounder, 1 vs. 16, drove in a few hours that day after working, late game, kinda tired, etc. But I didn’t like that celebration. We had the game well in hand. Calm down, you know? Just didn’t sit well with me.

But I was JACKED for the Gonzaga game. Same guy in front of me. I deduced that he was a casual Gonzaga fan. I treated it like he was a diehard. I was screaming all kinds smack about Gonzaga all game long, going absolutely wild on every Orange bucket, pointing out Gonzaga’s lack of athleticism, lack of deep tourney success, they weren’t in our league, couldn’t hang...I bemoaned that we weren’t even really getting much of a workout to get us ready for the later rounds, etc.
Cool story, but, like... he might see you in Hell.

I should mention, I didn't stick around for the 2nd game. After we lost I walked out of there. I had to cross over the guy and his girlfriend. As I walked by I told him "She seems nice."

She wasn't amused by that. The guy just had sad eyes.

I know Duncan Robinson went to Michigan but he plays like he went to Duke.

I had never noticed until now that whole 10 seconds before that dunk which was such a terrible basketball sequence.

bad dribbling, blown layup, missed rebounds, terrible pass.

So I don't know what's up with my YouTubeTV TNT stuff, but it keeps auto setting the resolution to 480 instead of 1080. Tonight it only let me pick to go to 720. I don't get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom