NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 242 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

AD had rebound games in the WCF of 2, 5, and 5.

He just had another 5 rebound game against Miami's C team and went -26.

Bron is averaging more rebounds per game (and points and assists) than AD who is going up against guys he should smoke. Bron is almost averaging a triple double. Bron smashed Miami's zone.

AD is a great player. A HoFer. The best big in the game. But he is not the FMVP.

LAL will likely win the series. Bron should win FMVP. Then we can all argue about MJ/Bron with KAJ as an outside contender for GOAT.

AD had rebound games in the WCF of 2, 5, and 5.

He just had another 5 rebound game against Miami's C team and went -26.

Bron is averaging more rebounds per game (and points and assists) than AD who is going up against guys he should smoke. Bron is almost averaging a triple double. Bron smashed Miami's zone.

AD is a great player. A HoFer. The best big in the game. But he is not the FMVP.

LAL will likely win the series. Bron should win FMVP. Then we can all argue about MJ/Bron with KAJ as an outside contender for GOAT.

I‘m biased but I still hold onto “Magic deserves to be in the conversation”. Bird probably does too. Can’t help but think if they didn’t both play in the same era...how many would they have each won?

Reverse jinx attempts by prematurely talking about Finals MVP duly noted. I’m not falling for it this time. On to game 4! I don’t think LeBron and AD will play that bad again.

KCP, Rondo, and Green all sucked. Morris was good. We need more than 1 role player to be good, if 3 of them are going to suck.
No joke I am not reverse jinxing this series is over. Jimmy Butler played one of the greatest Finals games ever and the Heat had to claw to win that game. That game was 1999 Finals game 3 the MSG crowd wasn’t letting the Knicks get swept but it was over in 5. Same here I said before the series this was a 5 game series.

I want Anthony Davis to get what he deserves the Finals MVP.

I‘m biased but I still hold onto “Magic deserves to be in the conversation”. Bird probably does too. Can’t help but think if they didn’t both play in the same era...how many would they have each won?

It's a fair argument for sure. With Bird, if he just had more longevity, I think he's legit in that convo. That run from 84-86 he was basically on top of the world.

Magic has the chips and was the key for so many of those teams.

I can't argue for players I didn't watch (Russell, Wilt, etc).

My personal top three is MJ, Bron and KAJ. Again, without watching Russell, Wilt, Oscar, West, etc, I think my next two would be Magic and Bird (I'd have to really dig in though).

Duncan would be after them (again, players I've watched). Then Hakeem. Then I guess Shaq and Kobe in some order. I'm way lower on Kobe than most people.

For instance, I would take KD or Steph without hesitation to start a team over Kobe if I had my choice.

Who wins a series between the 2013 Heat and those 2017-2018 Golden State teams?

That is where I think you determine LeBron’s legacy.
He is the 2nd best player of all time and there is nothing wrong with that and it’s an amazing testament to himself he is in MJ’s neighborhood.

Jordan LeBron Kareem Magic Duncan are my top 5 greatest players combined with titles.

Best SG, SF, C, PG, PF alltime.

Who wins a series between the 2013 Heat and those 2017-2018 Golden State teams?

That is where I think you determine LeBron’s legacy.
He is the 2nd best player of all time and there is nothing wrong with that and it’s an amazing testament to himself he is in MJ’s neighborhood.

Jordan LeBron Kareem Magic Duncan are my top 5 greatest players combined with titles.

Best SG, SF, C, PG, PF alltime.

That 2013 Heat team almost lost to the Spurs. That GSW team was rolling. I would go with GSW.

I'm tough on this bc I think Steph is arguably one of the top three most valuable NBA players of all time in terms of how he changed the game.

That 2013 Heat team alm. P st lost to the Spurs. That GSW team was rolling. I would go with GSW.

I'm tough on this bc I think Steph is arguably one of the top three most valuable NBA players of all time in terms of how he changed the game.
Does Steph make the playoffs this year if he It doesn’t get hurt? I don’t think so and the team that made the playoffs in the eight seed in the west was under 500 this year.
I think Steph is an evolutionary version of Steve Nash.

So I'm hearing LeBron walked off early?
It's a total non story. 24.1 seconds were left on the clock when the Heat got the ball at the end of the game so there was .1 left after they intentionally got a 24 second violation. Lebron left at some point during that time and wasn't on the court for lakers to inbound with .1 left. It's game 3 so how anyone could even remotely care is beyond me. This ain't the Pistons leaving after getting knocked out.

Does Steph make the playoffs this year if he It doesn’t get hurt? I don’t think so and the team that made the playoffs in the eight seed in the west was under 500 this year.
I think Steph is an evolutionary version of Steve Nash.

It's a good question. I'm not sure. The team was clearly throwing away this season.

Question, if Melo was drafted in either 2002 or 2004 and had the same career, do you think he'd be more applauded/appreciated?

2002 was Yao/Jay Will and 2004 was Dwight/Emeka. Let's say Melo goes top three in each of those, do you think he has more positivity about his career?

Reason I ask is he is a first ballot HoFer. If he plays a few more years, he can end up top ten in scoring of all time. Maybe he doesn't get a chip, but he clearly is an all-time great.

It's a fair argument for sure. With Bird, if he just had more longevity, I think he's legit in that convo. That run from 84-86 he was basically on top of the world.

Magic has the chips and was the key for so many of those teams.

I can't argue for players I didn't watch (Russell, Wilt, etc).

My personal top three is MJ, Bron and KAJ. Again, without watching Russell, Wilt, Oscar, West, etc, I think my next two would be Magic and Bird (I'd have to really dig in though).

Duncan would be after them (again, players I've watched). Then Hakeem. Then I guess Shaq and Kobe in some order. I'm way lower on Kobe than most people.

For instance, I would take KD or Steph without hesitation to start a team over Kobe if I had my choice.

Yeah, it’s just SO hard to compare across eras. Like the best guys weaknesses in any era were basically just a product of the times.

Like Magic didn’t shoot or make 3’s for most of his career: because basically nobody did. But late in his career as the shot became more common, he started shooting them and making them. He was like a 90% FT shooter. I have no doubt he’d be hitting a few 3’s a game at a good percentage if he played now.

Jordan too. And he’d get to the rack even easier now, with the paint wide open and hand checking not allowed.

A guy like Hakeem would probably be shooting 3’s now, and he’s the rare old school big who would fit in fine to today’s game...that guy would be guarding on the perimeter with no problem, lol.

It’s just hard to compare with the games being so drastically different.

Solid article from Ben Falk:

LeBron is playing like ass. Wasting a good game from the role players so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom